[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Article on Jean Knight's "Mr Big Stuff"

Interesting article about a perfect record -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Interesting article about a perfect record -
    It was a great record. I got mine in the Woolworths in Waikiki,Hawaii on holiday. The local radio was playing this and Nathan Jones twice an hour,Got War and a few others too the year before,the 1st time I'd ever seen Gordy,VIP,Tamla and Motown labels,I was in a dream world!

Vid link below!

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=Mr+big+stuff
    Last edited by tamla617; 12-07-2014 at 10:42 AM.

When at 16 or 17 years old I purchased a VV. AA. Stax album called "Takin' You There" [[including Dramatic's "In The Rain", Carla Thomas ethereal "Love Means",...) one of the tracks wich impressed me instantly for the fresh sound was "Mr. Big Stuff" and, immediately reminded me [[if not totally sure the reason why??!!) this theme by spanish Encarnita Polo, "Paco, Paco, Paco" that my mother frequently sang when was cleaning' or cooking'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4pDAEnCdW4