[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross forgets about glam arriving home to a chilly LA

There is a link below with more pictures. I don't understand the hair. Why is the front gray and the rest black? The front looks like her real hairline

She'll forever be known as one of the most iconic, prima donna singers of our time.

But Diana Ross was certainly no diva as she landed at Los Angeles International Airport on Sunday.

The 70-year-old entertainer was spotted bundled up in an oversized lilac coat that appeared more like a blanket than a jacket.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...iving-LAX.html

Even some gray hair coming! Excellent.

That Blanket/Coat is actually a smart idea !!!

Not surprised to see the gray hair. I've seen other photos where you could see a bit of it at her hairline. Not to mention that her parents and siblings seem to have gone gray early. Maybe she's toying with the idea of letting it show or she just didn't get around to dying it.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Even some gray hair coming! Excellent.
    Coming? LOL! Are you serious? Her hair is completely snow white as a bag of cotton balls! For many years now.

Diana's older sister is a silver-haired beauty, as would Ms. Ross be if she so chose. Lots of people, in and out of public life, choose to color their grey hair.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Coming? LOL! Are you serious? Her hair is completely snow white as a bag of cotton balls! For many years now.
    There you have it folks the expert on Dianes hair color and gowns and every single thing about Miss Ross has spoken. lol

Roberta

I often wondered if the entertainers of Diana's generation, [[like Patti, Bette, Gladys, Mary of the Supremes, Barbra, Lily) bother to dye their hair since they are usually wearing wigs and weaves on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    I often wondered if the entertainers of Diana's generation, [[like Patti, Bette, Gladys, Mary of the Supremes, Barbra, Lily) bother to dye their hair since they are usually wearing wigs and weaves on stage.
    Lets defer to marv2 on Mary and Dianes wigs and weaves. Whats your thoughts on this marv2?

fondly,

Roberta

I would love it if some of these ladies, led by Diana, had the balls to go gray. Diana would look awesome in gray, as Barbara does.

More interestingly, I would love to hear how our chief negative commentator feels [[and the pangs of jealousy) about the ovation at the AMA, the appearance on the Voice and all the attention being paid as if she is still Taylor Swift and as if it is 1964 all over again. THAT's the big question!

There is a picture of Mary Wilson on the net totally grey and she looks great! Im sure some of you have seen it. Diana going grey well we know what that would look like my only concern is we are so used to seeing her with big hair I dont know what it would look like with her hair totally grey. Cant see her with BIG hair totally grey. What I meant by we know what that would look like is if you remember Bertie from Red Hot Rhythm and Blues.

Oh I also have to give it to her she is not afraid to come out with no makeup a lot of stars at her age will never been seen without their face on. Ross seems to feel comfortable with that and that goes all of the way back to the days of LSTB. The woman is comfortable in her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Lets defer to marv2 on Mary and Dianes wigs and weaves. Whats your thoughts on this marv2?

fondly,

Roberta
    Well Roberta I am sorry that you have always had a hard time dealing with reality, but if you think that a 70 1/2 year old woman's hair is naturally jet black then.................you never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a vehicle!

I am no expert, just about anyone one with a functioning brain and a small does of common sense can tell you this. Her hair is a white as Uncle Ben's Rice! LOL!!!

She looks like and came from there here people.......hehehehehe!

supremester Guest
    To hell with that! I can stand the ravages of time on my decaying bod, over population, climate change and a red senate but not, I repeat, NOT, one grey or white hair on Miss Ross' Supreme head! As far as Mr Warmth, ain't seen hide nor hair o' him since The Bobby Taylor deletion and The AMA publicity is gonna keep him at bay. Not on Youtube, though, he has shown his thankfulness with fresh ugliness.

I would love it if some of these ladies, led by Diana, had the balls to go gray. Diana would look awesome in gray, as Barbara does.

More interestingly, I would love to hear how our chief negative commentator feels [[and the pangs of jealousy) about the ovation at the AMA, the appearance on the Voice and all the attention being paid as if she is still Taylor Swift and as if it is 1964 all over again. THAT's the big question!

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    There is a picture of Mary Wilson on the net totally grey and she looks great! Im sure some of you have seen it. Diana going grey well we know what that would look like my only concern is we are so used to seeing her with big hair I dont know what it would look like with her hair totally grey. Cant see her with BIG hair totally grey. What I meant by we know what that would look like is if you remember Bertie from Red Hot Rhythm and Blues.
    Stephanie, uh uh, Diane is not going gray, her hair is completely snow white just like her brother Fred and sister Bobbie. Rita is the only one kinda steel gray when I saw her last.

Well Roberta I am sorry that you have always had a hard time dealing with reality, but if you think that a 70 1/2 year old woman's hair is naturally jet black then.................you never be allowed to get behind the wheel of a vehicle!

I am no expert, just about anyone one with a functioning brain and a small does of common sense can tell you this. Her hair is a white as Uncle Ben's Rice! LOL!!!

She looks like and came from there here people.......hehehehehe!

Thank you Marv2 as always you bring real common sense to this here forum.

Fondly,

Roberta

Look! Diana Ross won't be leading anyone, ever again! Nancy Wilson has had this area/subject covered for years and is so much more highly respected in the industry and in this country than Diane.

supremester Guest
    I spoke too soon. Oh, Blanche, you know we got rats in the cellar?

Name:  jane.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  30.3 KB
    Last edited by supremester; 12-01-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Look! Diana Ross won't be leading anyone, ever again! Nancy Wilson has had this area/subject covered for years and is so much more highly respected in the industry and in this country than Diane.
    You sure know the grey haired ladies marv2.

American Music Awards not Grammy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    You sure know the grey haired ladies marv2.
    It seems someone failed to inform the attendees at this year's American Music Awards how unpopular Diana is. Sigh. Aaaah the beautiful people seem so out of touch.....giving an extended standing ovation for someone who clearly is so unpopular [[sigh).
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 12-01-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: wrong show listed

Marv is right when he says Nancy Wilson is the mantle for women who have made grey acceptable.

supremester Guest
    The Today Show said the best moment of the night was Ross' ovation. It's nice to see her getting her props from all the news outlets.

Miss Ross' hair IS probably 100% WHITE[[notice I didn't say "gray") I've seen both her brother Fred and sister Barbara close up at some Diana Ross concerts and their hair is 1,000% white. I've also seen and heard Miss Ross say something like "no no no I don't wanna see ONE gray hair on my head!!! That was just a few years ago on the red carpet for some [[long. ago forgotten) Motion Picture's premiere. We will NEVER see her with a full head of white hair. She knows she has an iconic visual image and she very wisely keeps giving it to us.

. At this point the Big Black Bushy hair and that smile are part of the trademark of her "brand." Similarly you won't be riding down the street one day and notice the golden McDonalds are now BLUE. Just ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 12-01-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    To hell with that! I can stand the ravages of time on my decaying bod, over population, climate change and a red senate but not, I repeat, NOT, one grey or white hair on Miss Ross' Supreme head! As far as Mr Warmth, ain't seen hide nor hair o' him since The Bobby Taylor deletion and The AMA publicity is gonna keep him at bay. Not on Youtube, though, he has shown his thankfulness with fresh ugliness.
    I've just accepted the fact that It's never going to stop. It's really sad that some people are such miserable souls and can't accept the fact that they are complete losers who have failed at everything in life. All we can do is pray on this. Miss Roberta and I have so many times.

Marv is right when he says Nancy Wilson is the mantle for women who have made grey acceptable.
    LOL!

I agree with Stephanie.

Does this mean I have to agree with Marv, 1, 2, or infinitum?

I think there is a thing called "transitivity" and it subjects me to such a thing.

Good Lord.

I think Diana would do the world such a service is she did the "grey" thing.

I'd frickin love it!

supremester Guest
    It is sad and touching. And weeeeird. If you look at Mary videos, he'll respond to negs by making fun of the anti-Mary peeps for being souless losers who are so messed up and empty inside that they go to her sites to cause trouble. He KNOWS it's crazy and does it anyway. Evidently some tasks are even too great for God.
    LOLOLOL hehehehehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I've just accepted the fact that It's never going to stop. It's really sad that some people are such miserable souls and can't accept the fact that they are complete losers who have failed at everything in life. All we can do is pray on this. Miss Roberta and I have so many times.

Whenever I need a pick me up, I rush to SDF. You sure haven't disappointed with this thread.

Imagine, Diana's hair is not naturally black?

Next you'll tell me Lynda Lawrence isn't a natural blonde.

[QUOTE=jobeterob;261492]I think Diana would do the world such a service is she did the "grey" thing.

I'd frickin love it![/QUOTE

I am of the opinion that white hair, like the Rosses have can be stunning. Maybe in some parallel universe Miss Ross will opt for it.... in my lifetime in the Milky Way Galaxy it just ain't gonna happen..it's no more likely than her showing up in a short, "cute", pert Pixie cut.

LHO - Maybe it could happen. Ross featured a pixie cut wig in a short promo segment for her I LOVE YOU album a ways back. I thought she looked sensational. And I think it would work just as well, too, in her own natural color. Whaddaya think?

Attachment 8751

Agree with Luv Hang Ova..........it ain't gonna happen; but I would love her to come all gray some day.

Knowing Diana, she might actually do it one time.

There is so much poetic justice in life; it was only after several years on SD that I had this new found love and appreciation of Mary Wilson cavorting around behind Diana Ross singing "She is the greatest, the bestest, the greatest, she's the greatest star, she is by far........"

If I had not come on SD, that incident would have completely passed me by and being meaningless. Having been a faithful SD member, I have visions of a member all contorted in pain as Mary sings the detested words!

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    It seems someone failed to inform the attendees at this year's American Music Awards how unpopular Diana is. Sigh. Aaaah the beautiful people seem so out of touch.....giving an extended standing ovation for someone who clearly is so unpopular [[sigh).
    Standing ovations have replaced booing, jeering, hissing and hurling tomatoes as the means for audiences to indicate their displeasure with someone. That's the only theory I have why someone as universally despised as Miss Ross could get a standing ovation at the AMAs, or at her concerts.

smark21 Guest
    Nancy Wilson of Heart is still wearing her hair blonde.

Lulu Guest
    Agree with Luv Hang Ova..........it ain't gonna happen; but I would love her to come all gray some day.

Knowing Diana, she might actually do it one time.

There is so much poetic justice in life; it was only after several years on SD that I had this new found love and appreciation of Mary Wilson cavorting around behind Diana Ross singing "She is the greatest, the bestest, the greatest, she's the greatest star, she is by far........"

If I had not come on SD, that incident would have completely passed me by and being meaningless. Having been a faithful SD member, I have visions of a member all contorted in pain as Mary sings the detested words!
    LOL. Well, Mary only sang the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Marv2 will let us know when she go grey smarks21.

fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    But Nancy Wilson, the jazz singer, isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    LHO - Maybe it could happen. Ross featured a pixie cut wig in a short promo segment for her I LOVE YOU album a ways back. I thought she looked sensational. And I think it would work just as well, too, in her own natural color. Whaddaya think?
    Attachment 8751
    I agree, Meth. Diana looks super with her hair short like this! You’re reminding me of one of my Diana videos in which one of the bonus segments contains an interview with Diana where she is dressed in green [[I think) and her hair is super LONG and STRAIGHT, as thought she may have ironed it [[a wig, obviously), but.... The point is, it was so different and so unique, I couldn’t believe it, yet she still managed to look sassy and classy as can be. The only problem is, I went to show it to a friend a while back and I couldn’t find it. Do you [[or does anyone) remember which interview I’m describing and which DVD it’s from? I would love to know so that I can single it out and watch it again. Thanks. - Gary

God I love these Smark21 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    I agree, Meth. Diana looks super with her hair short like this! You’re reminding me of one of my Diana videos in which one of the bonus segments contains an interview with Diana where she is dressed in green [[I think) and her hair is super LONG and STRAIGHT, as thought she may have ironed it [[a wig, obviously), but.... The point is, it was so different and so unique, I couldn’t believe it, yet she still managed to look sassy and classy as can be. The only problem is, I went to show it to a friend a while back and I couldn’t find it. Do you [[or does anyone) remember which interview I’m describing and which DVD it’s from? I would love to know so that I can single it out and watch it again. Thanks. - Gary
    Gary - No green outfits here but long, straight hair, we got! Maybe one of these is it:

With Regis & Kathie Lee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUh05LaGLoI&app=desktop

With Arsenio Hall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ik8PzPQqks&app=desktop

Attachment 8751
    Meth,

But Miss Ross obviously L O V E S the attention and I totally understand that. I'm an "attention whiore" myself... LOL. She's found something that makes her INSTANTLY recognizable from the millisecond she steps outside of her door . That's something almost every star wants and would give anything for. So, she goes to the airport or grocery store or restaurant and someone says "oh look[[gasp) is that Nancy Wilson or,...or .. Anita Baker ....or ....or....or what's her name....umm ...umm you know...."

OH H E L L NO!!!!

She wants "oh, wow LOOK, it's Diana Ross !!!!!" And why wouldn't she ????
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 12-02-2014 at 04:18 AM.

You're right, LHO, her hair does 'announce' her long before she steps up to the plate. And she's made it her signature, her trademark, recognIzed the world over. And she's spoken about enjoying having her hair in its natural state. But short and gray or white would fall into that category, too. Perhaps it's the element of 'older' that's associated with it that might prevent it from happening. She's certainly looking very beautiful these days, so there's no need to tamper with that. Unless she wants to. And I wouldn't be surprised at a change at some point. Just when it's least expected. She's always been full of surprises.

You're right, LHO, her hair does 'announce' her long before she steps up to the plate. And she's made it her signature, her trademark, recognIzed the world over. And she's spoken about enjoying having her hair in its natural state. But short and gray or white would fall into that category, too. Perhaps it's the element of 'older' that's associated with it that might prevent it from happening. She's certainly looking very beautiful these days, so there's no need to tamper with that. Unless she wants to. And I wouldn't be surprised at a change at some point. Just when it's least expected. She's always been full of surprises.
    Meth

I don't doubt that from time to time she will bust out with something new..... Just not as a permanent look. I actually heard her say in an interview when she was involved with MAC Cosmetics..."somehow I was able to create a "look" that [[pause) separates me from other performers". At 70 I'm afraid she doesn't have enough time to develop another iconic "look" and have it forever burned into our collective memory for an eternity. That's why I'm pretty much convinced "this is it."

When I was standing next to Miss Ross and speaking to her I was AMAZED at how much hair that is....it seemed almost as long as she is tall... It certainly was wider than she is. I'm positive no one else could manage not to appear overwhelmed by having that much hair. But because her energy and persona are so huge it seemed in perfect proportion. Nobody else could get away with it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/c...e-9898009.html

This is why she was flying around the world. Made a few bucks. And she flew around half the world so her hair started to grow out and she wore a blanket coat for comfort and warmth - like all 70 years would.

Yah Diana.

I can't wait until she comes out on stage one day all gray.

Diana was already out being blond. Forgot about the World Music Awards in 1996?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RbBIsXdvrs

Barbara Ross Lee, DO

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/c...e-9898009.html

This is why she was flying around the world. Made a few bucks. And she flew around half the world so her hair started to grow out and she wore a blanket coat for comfort and warmth - like all 70 years would.

Yah Diana.

I can't wait until she comes out on stage one day all gray.
    fascinating!

Gary - No green outfits here but long, straight hair, we got! Maybe one of these is it:

With Regis & Kathie Lee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUh05LaGLoI&app=desktop

With Arsenio Hall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ik8PzPQqks&app=desktop
    Thanks for trying, Meth, but nope – these aren’t the ones. The interview I’m referring to is in the bonus-material segment of a Diana Ross DVD. When I say her hair was long, I mean it was LONG – like maybe waist-length [[or not quite), and I think her hair color was light brown. It sounds strange, I know, but Diana looked super like that. I went to show it to a friend a while back but I could not find it. [[I know it wasn’t in the bonus segment of my "Lady Sings The Blues" DVD because the bonus segments on that disc won’t play.) Whatever, I’ll look again one day when I have nothing better to do. If I find it, I’ll let ya know. You’ll be pleasantly surprised, for sure! - Gary

Gary - It'll turn up, I bet, at some point when you're not looking for it. Does sound interesting.

But all wasn't lost when I tried to locate it--I spotted some backstage photos from ThIerry Mugler's 1991 fashion show that included Diana and Tracee that I'd never seen before. And Diana and I have the same shirt!

http://rebloggy.com/post/love-mine-b...om/95038401085

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thanks for trying, Meth, but nope – these aren’t the ones. The interview I’m referring to is in the bonus-material segment of a Diana Ross DVD. When I say her hair was long, I mean it was LONG – like maybe waist-length [[or not quite), and I think her hair color was light brown. It sounds strange, I know, but Diana looked super like that. I went to show it to a friend a while back but I could not find it. [[I know it wasn’t in the bonus segment of my "Lady Sings The Blues" DVD because the bonus segments on that disc won’t play.) Whatever, I’ll look again one day when I have nothing better to do. If I find it, I’ll let ya know. You’ll be pleasantly surprised, for sure! - Gary
    Are you referring to the time she was talking about "Every day is a new day"? I saw something where she was discussing this album. She had long straight hair and was wearing that brown leather outfit that she wore when the Jackson's were inducted into the Rock and Roll hall of fame?