[REMOVE ADS]

Creed Lead Singer Homeless..........

Rocker Scott Stapp struggling amid financial crisis

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celeb...d=ansentwenn11

Who is Creed? Seriously, never heard of the group or the singer ... I'm out of it.

smark21 Guest
    Creed was a very popular, if often critically derided, rock group whose heyday was the late 90s and early 00's. Known for big [[some would say cheesy) rock anthems and power ballads.

Creed was huge in the day I was shocked to read this.

I liked a coupe of their songs. The veered towards almost christian rock.

My buddy Frank loved their music and I'd yell "turn it down" in car! LOL!!!!

Creed "With Arms Wide Open"

I believe this is the same guy that blamed Obama for his plight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I believe this is the same guy that blamed Obama for his plight.
    In the article, he seems to blame everyone but himself. Sorry. I can't feel sorry for these people that make it big time, lose everything because of their excessive spending or lack of knowledge on how to save it and invest it WISELY while they are earning it. People with much less, worked, saved, and invested to reach a comfortable retirement. Those of us who did that, can not feel sorry for someone who blames everyone but himself. And he contradicts himself. Why would the IRS freeze his bank accounts two or three times if they are empty because someone stole his passwords and took the money? Why does he not protect his passwords? Why is he unaware of exactly how many times the IRS froze his account? If the IRS unfroze the account the first time, why did he put himself into a situation again where it was frozen a couple more times? And he says that he is "right now, looking for an honest , good attorney". Should he not have had a good attorney and accountant and financial advisor a long time ago? And then constantly keep a sharp eye on them? I don't feel sorry for him. Did he really blame Obama? If he needs someone to blame, he should look in a mirror

Former Creed star Scott Stapp has hit such hard times he has been living out of his truck.The My Sacrifice singer has revealed in a new online video that he is completely broke after discovering a large amount of money missing.

In the short film posted on Creed's Facebook.com page, the rocker says, "I'm under some kind of pretty vicious attack. There are people who have taken advantage and stolen money from me, and they're trying to discredit me, slander me...

"Someone had used my information and changed my online passwords to my bank accounts and transferred all the money out my bank accounts so I had nothing."

Stapp also reveals tax officials at the IRS have frozen his bank accounts "two or three times" due to a clerical error, and he claims he faces an uncertain financial future, adding, "I don't understand how that's fair in America. My civil rights have been violated.

"I'm gonna expose and I'm gonna fight every single individual that is responsible for this. Right now I'm looking for an honest, good attorney that's ready to fight and take it all the way to the top."

smark21 Guest
    Apparently he's having some mental health issues; his estranged wife would like him placed for 60 days in a facility to get help.

http://www.avclub.com/article/scott-...eltdown-212401

They featured this story on THE TODAY SHOW this morning. TODAY says that he posted three videos on Facebook -since deleted, and blames banks, the IRS and even his record company. In the videos he says that he reached out to the secret service & FBI and they ignored him. He said that he is fighting rumors that he is a heavy drug user. They said he was once worth thirty million dollars. I simply can not comprehend how someone worth thirty million can now be homeless. The TODAY SHOW piece was not very informative. I think I got more info from reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    They featured this story on THE TODAY SHOW this morning. TODAY says that he posted three videos on Facebook -since deleted, and blames banks, the IRS and even his record company. In the videos he says that he reached out to the secret service & FBI and they ignored him. He said that he is fighting rumors that he is a heavy drug user. They said he was once worth thirty million dollars. I simply can not comprehend how someone worth thirty million can now be homeless. The TODAY SHOW piece was not very informative. I think I got more info from reading this thread.
    https://www.tmz.com/2014/11/26/creed...creed-divorce/

It's clear to me he's on drugs.

And he contradicts himself. Why would the IRS freeze his bank accounts two or three times if they are empty because someone stole his passwords and took the money? Why does he not protect his passwords? Why is he unaware of exactly how many times the IRS froze his account? If the IRS unfroze the account the first time, why did he put himself into a situation again where it was frozen a couple more times? And he says that he is "right now, looking for an honest , good attorney". Should he not have had a good attorney and accountant and financial advisor a long time ago? And then constantly keep a sharp eye on them? I don't feel sorry for him. Did he really blame Obama? If he needs someone to blame, he should look in a mirror
    The IRS can freeze your accounts because you owe back taxes. He may not have paid them because he's mentally ill, and he'e mentally ill because he's on meth. Drug use can cause mental illness. Mental illness can cause one to use drugs to self medicate.

Now does it all make sense?
    Last edited by soulster; 11-30-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    ...Now does it all make sense?
    Sometimes the written word can be misunderstood. I hope that statement was not meant to be condescending .

Of course, I know that the IRS can freeze accounts because of back taxes. But if they were frozen "two or three times", then he - or the people who were advising him and probably taking from him -was just repeating the same mistake.

One of my statements was made before I learned that he probably has a mental condition. I don't use the term mentally ill. I have a family member with a mental condition who takes medication for it and is now as normal as I am. [[well maybe that isn't a compliment ) Taking meds for a mental condition is no different than taking meds for cholesterol or high blood pressure.

I saw first hand how depression can lead to drugs which can then lead to trouble, failure and loss. I also learned not to abandon someone while they are falling to the bottom because after they make the fall, they will need help to pick themselves up, get the help they need and then go on to a happy productive life. I've seen it happen to someone who does not have millions of dollars to lose.

To bad Scott only had people around him that were interested in taking from him and not giving him the support he needed.

So yes, it makes sense. But thanks for your explanation.