[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross Presents Taylor Swift with AMA Dick Clark Award of Excellence!!!!

I got the shock of my life begrudgingly watching the AMAs [[I'm of a certain age and something of an oldies snob) and seeing a vision in fur-trimmed black. The fabulous Miss Diana Ross, in a clip from Clark's December '78 special followed by the lady herself, live onstage to present Swift a special honor!!! My God, 70 has never looked so good!!! The crowd instantly granted her a long standing ovation, fitttingly. Swift had wonderful things to say about Diana paving the way for women in the business. In short, it made my night. Anybody else catch it?
    Last edited by sansradio; 11-23-2014 at 11:49 PM.

according to her tweet Miss Betty Wright was also real impressed.

Lulu Guest
    So does Miss Donna Brazile:

Name:  Screenshot 2014-11-23 22.48.55.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  16.7 KB

YAAASSSS!!! Roberta, I saw that!!! How infinitely cool...one legendary lady of soul tipping her hat to another. How refreshing and heartwarming! And Donna Brazile? An embarrassment of riches.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I got the shock of my life begrudgingly watching the AMAs [[I'm of a certain age and something of an oldies snob) and seeing a vision in fur-trimmed black. The fabulous Miss Diana Ross, in a clip from Clark's December '78 special followed by the lady herself, live onstage to present Swift a special honor!!! My God, 70 has never looked so good!!! The crowd instantly granted her a long standing ovation, fitttingly. Swift had wonderful things to say about Diana paving the way for women in the business. In short, it made my night. Anybody else catch it?
    Made my night too! I'm also of a certain age and not into the new music, but I used to live for these musical awards shows and even attended a few of the GRAMMIE SHOWS. Knowing that Diana was on, I recorded it and fast forwarded it to her spot. She looked amazing and the reception that she got from the industry was phenomenal. I think she was even shocked by it which made her nervous. She flubbed a few things, but bottom line is that she was and is amazing. What a wonderful treat

Many thanks, Milven, for posting the AMA clip. Most appreciated.

There is a long version around including the "Ross Ovation". It was big.

She has been a trending topic on twitter all night long. She stole the show. People are amazed at how beautiful and young she looks.

They first showed the clip of her talking to Dick Clark. Then she comes out to thunderous applause and a standing ovation. The people stayed on their feet the entire time she spoke, through Taylors speech and then them walking off together with Taylor putting her arms around Diana. Diana Ross looked phenomenal.
    Last edited by skooldem1; 11-24-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Diana looks absolutely gorgeous, radiant and happy, how I love this lady so.

Diana is really getting out there, For me personally, I see this as a sign of great things to come, I mean when was the last time Diana presented an award on the AMA's or any award for that matter???? then she's doing the coaching session on "The Voice", it looks as if Diana wants to start putting herself out there once again, which I think it's great, it's shows that the DIVA still has fire and ambition in her and hopefully it's a sign that there's going to be more appearances for Diana in 2015.

Oh My GOD....The loooooooooog version of the Ross appearance with that loooooong standing ovation!!!.... "Ladies and Gentlemen, MISS..... Diana Ross!!! Gave me chills and made my eyes water ... The same reaction I've had with almost every television appearance she's made for over 50 years!!!!

It's so cool to see that so many of her peers "Get it" ... The same thing I "got" when I was EIGHT years old and saw her for the first time!!! I'm still in awe!!!
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 11-24-2014 at 08:29 PM.

It's always great to see anyone from Motown, getting the spotlight,even Diana Ross,she looked great.

Diana Ross Slays At The 2014 American Music AwardsName:  diana-ross-320x199.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  35.4 KBOn Sunday ABC hosted the 2014 annual American Music Awards. For the first time ever the Dick Clark Award for Excellence was awarded during the live broadcast. Although Taylor Swift was the award’s recipient, no one could take their eyes off of Diana Ross, the award’s presenter.

When it was time to present the award, Ross glided on stage to an uproar of applause. It was clear a true diva had entered the building. She stood poised and fearless as the room took her all in.

Prior to walking on stage, Diana Ross shut down the red carpet in an off the shoulder, long black velvet gown coupled with dramatic feathered long sleeves. Per usual she wowed with her signature freshly curled fro and natural beauty. While on the carpet she even took the time to pose with newcomer and pop princess Selena Gomez. Hmmm, we wonder if she gave her any “how to be a music legend” tips.

http://uptownmagazine.com/2014/11/di...-music-awards/

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Diana Ross Slays At The 2014 American Music AwardsName:  diana-ross-320x199.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  35.4 KBOn Sunday ABC hosted the 2014 annual American Music Awards. For the first time ever the Dick Clark Award for Excellence was awarded during the live broadcast. Although Taylor Swift was the award’s recipient, no one could take their eyes off of Diana Ross, the award’s presenter.

When it was time to present the award, Ross glided on stage to an uproar of applause. It was clear a true diva had entered the building. She stood poised and fearless as the room took her all in.

Prior to walking on stage, Diana Ross shut down the red carpet in an off the shoulder, long black velvet gown coupled with dramatic feathered long sleeves. Per usual she wowed with her signature freshly curled fro and natural beauty. While on the carpet she even took the time to pose with newcomer and pop princess Selena Gomez. Hmmm, we wonder if she gave her any “how to be a music legend” tips.

http://uptownmagazine.com/2014/11/di...-music-awards/
    A really nice write up, looks as if the Diva did slay them on the night, it's nice to see that people, especially the younger generation still appreciates the LEGEND that is the Supreme Diana Ross.

The Ross/Swift segment of the show--long version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdZIf2Lf4iU

Courtesy of TheRobotCinema on YouTube.

Apparently around somewhere is Anita Baker tweeting about the Ross appearance too.

As if There Was Any Doubt: Diana Ross Proved Her Music Legend Status at the 2014 AMAs

http://news.instyle.com/2014/11/24/d...tus-2014-amas/

On The View, they asked "Where was Beyonce' last night?"

And Whoopi Goldberg said "Well, another Queen was there!"

Now she's in trouble with Aretha too.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    On The View, they asked "Where was Beyonce' last night?"

And Whoopi Goldberg said "Well, another Queen was there!"

Now she's in trouble with Aretha too.
    I am watching it now, and just heard her say that. People in the industry and people in general are still interested in her. She surely does not have to waste money paying photographers to follow her to grocery stores for publicity as has been mentioned on these boards

They talked about her on "Good Morning America" also. They mentioned all the highlights then showed the clip of Diana and said she received endless applause and that "She was the real showstopper" of the night. Then all the co-host of the show talked about their favorite moment and Robin Roberts said the applause for Diana Ross was her favorite moment.

From Time Magazine about Taylor Swift, when she was on the cover in November:

According to Neilsen SoundScan, Swift was the nation's best selling artist in 2008 and 2010 and No. 2 in 2012, the last three years she released albums. There's every reason to expect her to finish No. 1 in 2014. Her first week figure of 1.287 million copies sold for her new album, 1989, bests any album's sales week since 2002's The Eminem Show.

Swift and Eminem have something else in common: the two are the most successful writer artists to break in and sustain such levels of popularity since the 1990s began. Among her pop peers, Rihanna and Miley Cyrus lean far more heavily on outside songwriters, while Lady Gaga and Beyonce' haven't matched her sales. Swift if the only artist to have three albums sell a million copies in their first week since 1991, when SoundScan started keeping track. Before 1989, she sold nearly 70 million digital tracks. Billboard named her its woman of the year for 2014, the second time she's received that distinction in the award's eight year history. Her last tour grossed $150 million -- the biggest tally country music had ever seen. She has 46 million Twitter followers, putting her in striking distance of Barack Obama, if behind Katy Perry and Justin Bieber, her reported antagonists.