[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

Vote rewound all-time top 77, now!

Get those ballots out and start your voting!

Vote Top 77 NOW! It’s that time of year, where our friends at REWOUND radio invite us to vote for our all-time favorite Top 77 songs of the Rock n’ Soul era.

It’s so easy to vote for your favorites, go NOW to:

http://www.musicradio77.com/voting2014.html

I think it's silly to limit this to seven songs, but I played the game. Here are my picks:

New Kid In Town - Eagles
    Looks Like We Made It - Barry Manilow
    Strawberry Letter #23 - The Brothers Johnson
    Easy - Commodores
    Feels Like The First Time - Foreigner
    Another Star - Stevie Wonder
    I'm In You - Peter Frampton [[Don't laugh! It's a damn good song!)

Not laughing at "I'm in You" just stunned at the bland "New Kid in Town" -- that's a yawner, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Not laughing at "I'm in You" just stunned at the bland "New Kid in Town" -- that's a yawner, IMO.
    I thought so too until I understood the lyrics and the theme of the album. I love the way it starts out as like an innocent child and builds to a mature climax. The music follows the lyrics. Listen to the way the little musical details are introduced as the song progresses. That's how I listen to music. "New Kid In Town" is brilliantly produced and executed. And, I hated the song when it first came out. I thought it was dullsville. The song is part of the story of a young man who goes to L.A. to make it big as a singer, the next big thing. The song also addresses the subtext of his changed relationship with the girl back home that he left behind. Ever listen to Frank Zappa's "Joe's Garage" album? Well, it sort of follows "Hotel California"'s theme and presentation. The Eagles' album starts out with the overture "Hotel California", then begins the story "New Kid In Town", and follows with the drugged out craziness of the rock start life in "Life In The Fast Lane", and so on...

As you can see, I gravitate towards songs that start off soft and easy and build to a dramatic climax. I like music where the music conveys the emotion of the lyrics. "Another Star" shows how I like dense mixes with lots of things going on.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-23-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Cause you gave me the love, love that I never haaad, you GAVE me the love...LOL
    Soulster I llike Im in You as well. The only song on your list I got sick of hearing was Easy god I got tired of that song. Shocked to see Manilow from you hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Cause you gave me the love, love that I never haaad, you GAVE me the love...LOL
    Soulster I llike Im in You as well. The only song on your list I got sick of hearing was Easy god I got tired of that song. Shocked to see Manilow from you hmmmm.
    Barry Manilow? Hell Yeah! He had a lot of respect back in the day. His productions were top notch. Great songs, too!