[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

"Call Her Miss Ross, Fashion Superstar" -

Boy, the press is really loving her right now! What other black female singer her age is making so much noise these days?!?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleri...70-photos.html

Last night, Diana Ross outshone all the young talent--including her son--at The Hunger Games: Mockinjay--Part 1 premiere in Los Angeles in a fabulous, glittering jumpsuit. Over the past few decades, Ross has established herself as a true fashion icon--the big-haired, disco-loving former front-woman of The Supremes with the ultimate eye for style. From her outrageous, overly-embellished stage outfits to her diva-off-duty, go-to sequined jumpsuits, billowing capes, and maxi dresses, Ross translated her childhood dream of being a fashion designer into a vocal career, designing costumes for herself and her fellow Supremes. While her voice is certainly something to be reckoned with, her fashion sense is a force of its own. We look at some of the singer's most iconic looks of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Boy, the press is really loving her right now! What other black female singer her age is making so much noise these days?!?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleri...70-photos.html

Last night, Diana Ross outshone all the young talent--including her son--at The Hunger Games: Mockinjay--Part 1 premiere in Los Angeles in a fabulous, glittering jumpsuit. Over the past few decades, Ross has established herself as a true fashion icon--the big-haired, disco-loving former front-woman of The Supremes with the ultimate eye for style. From her outrageous, overly-embellished stage outfits to her diva-off-duty, go-to sequined jumpsuits, billowing capes, and maxi dresses, Ross translated her childhood dream of being a fashion designer into a vocal career, designing costumes for herself and her fellow Supremes. While her voice is certainly something to be reckoned with, her fashion sense is a force of its own. We look at some of the singer's most iconic looks of all time.
    That's why she is the ULTIMATE SUPREME DIVA, just simply F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S, love this lady to death, despite every negative stuff thrown at her over the years, she comes up triumphant.

Great article; thanks for posting! Well, Aretha comes close in news-worthy-ness; I love both ladies similarily and differently. But Ms. Ross is of course an award-winning actress in addition to all the achievements you list, and don't forget the title of vocal/performance coach!

I'm wondering - what is your favorite Diana look?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Great article; thanks for posting! Well, Aretha comes close in news-worthy-ness; I love both ladies similarily and differently. But Ms. Ross is of course an award-winning actress in addition to all the achievements you list, and don't forget the title of vocal/performance coach!

I'm wondering - what is your favorite Diana look?

Hi Robert,

Lulu Darling never holds back on a moment to discuss La Ross so here goes: I'm a big fan of the looks in 6/8 because of the pulled back bun and those outfits are to die for.

Diana has always been sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Hi Robert,

Lulu Darling never holds back on a moment to discuss La Ross so here goes: I'm a big fan of the looks in 6/8 because of the pulled back bun and those outfits are to die for.
    Nor I, Lulu! And I am big fan of the pulled back/bun look as well. With a face as perfect as Diana's, who needs hair?! I remember being in a 5th row center seat at the Palace Theatre in NY for the "Evening With Diana Ross" show; when the mimes parted [[mimes: it WAS the 70's ...) and revealed Ms. Ross in her white goddess gown with her hair pulled back and center stage the audience actually gasped for a moment, Diana was just so beautiful. And the Dolman / art deco gowns are her most perfect look, i think. Oddly I also love the huge Afro - Diana opened her "Let's See If Diana Ross Can Make It On Her Own" show at the Empire Room of the Waldorf in a 'fro and mirrored gown! And at NJPAC's show in Summer 2013 Ms. Ross looked like Tiamet clothed in the night sky in a glittering blue number - so I guess it never really ends!

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertZ View Post
    Nor I, Lulu! And I am big fan of the pulled back/bun look as well. With a face as perfect as Diana's, who needs hair?! I remember being in a 5th row center seat at the Palace Theatre in NY for the "Evening With Diana Ross" show; when the mimes parted [[mimes: it WAS the 70's ...) and revealed Ms. Ross in her white goddess gown with her hair pulled back and center stage the audience actually gasped for a moment, Diana was just so beautiful. And the Dolman / art deco gowns are her most perfect look, i think. Oddly I also love the huge Afro - Diana opened her "Let's See If Diana Ross Can Make It On Her Own" show at the Empire Room of the Waldorf in a 'fro and mirrored gown! And at NJPAC's show in Summer 2013 Ms. Ross looked like Tiamet clothed in the night sky in a glittering blue number - so I guess it never really ends!
    The Christmas in Washington concert with President Obama really made me think...she's the Fairy Godmother of Motown: that GORGEOUS gown in the finale...she looked like a cake topper at the most wonderful wedding you've ever attended!