[REMOVE ADS]

Lulu Guest

"Baby It's Me [[Expanded Edition)" #26 iTunes R&B Albums

As of 3:27 on 17 November 2014

Name:  Screenshot 2014-11-17 15.28.24.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  18.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lulu; 11-17-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Lulu Guest
    Steady at #26. The only other Motown Catalog album ahead of it is Songs in the Key of Life​ at #6

"Baby" Around The World on Itunes R&B chart...

UK #24
    Canada #7
    Germany # 42

Is that the correct artwork? The original aertwork had Ross centered.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Is that the correct artwork? The original aertwork had Ross centered.
    Yep. Looks like they had to slide the logo over to fit "Expanded Edition" on the cover:

https://itunes.apple.com/album/baby-...ign-mpt=uo%3D1

BTW, the album is at #23 on the iTunes R&B Album Charts...ahead of Aretha's new set.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Steady at #26. The only other Motown Catalog album ahead of it is Songs in the Key of Life​ at #6
    What constitutes a "hit" in this all new digital world of our? Would a top ten qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    What constitutes a "hit" in this all new digital world of our? Would a top ten qualify?
    That's a good question. Not to burst any bubbles; just playing devil's advocate: I'm looking at all of the other titles on the list; is there anything on there that is "current"? It's doing just better than "The Best of Sade" which was released over 20 years ago. So I guess I don't understand the sales associated with these charts. How many people are still downloading Sade? 100? So what are Diana's numbers? 200?

Yes, I am fascinated that Stevie Wonder's Number Ones CD and The Temptations Number Ones CD that have both been out for years appear so high on this list. That is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    That's a good question. Not to burst any bubbles; just playing devil's advocate: I'm looking at all of the other titles on the list; is there anything on there that is "current"? It's doing just better than "The Best of Sade" which was released over 20 years ago. So I guess I don't understand the sales associated with these charts. How many people are still downloading Sade? 100? So what are Diana's numbers? 200?
    Diana is currently #440 overall in on the USA Itunes album chart. #562 Overall in the UK Itunes album chart.

Getting anyone to buy an album digitally or physically is an accomplishment these days thanks to streaming so any sales this gets are to be applauded.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I totally agree with you. Compilations sell consistently well on iTunes as well as on Amazon Digital. Bob Marley and Jimmy Buffett still move a lot of units and once The Beatles went digital, all bets were off. Still, it's interesting to see a studio album [[and a 37 year old one at that) chart.

Lulu Guest
    Still holding fairly strong at #26...