[REMOVE ADS]

Soul source - Northern Soul Hall of Fame

Across the pond, our Northern Soul brother and sisters have developed their Hall of Fame. The first Inductees are in with another round beginning soon. Please visit their site, www.soul-source.co.uk, to see the Inductee layouts beginning Monday, November 3. [[See story below).

You know they are history buffs and know more about us, than we know about ourselves. For me, this has been a history lesson in Rhythm and Blues regarding the artists.

We can also participate in this too. The recognition is on those who bubbled under the Top 100 here, still blossoming there, but almost forgotten in the States. Some old timers and...nope, just us old timers would appreciate this.

The Inductees will have a site page and the trophy design is still being worked on to send to the artists and/or families. If needed, I will ask for help with addresses from you all to deliver their awards.

Enjoy,

Lorraine Chandler
    Board Member

Ss Northern Soul Hall Of Fame To Open Its Doors
    on Monday 3rd November
    by Dave Moore 655 4 #1in Soul News on 31 Oct 2014

The Soul Source Northern Soul Hall Of Fame will fling open its doors on Monday 3rd November. The first 10 Inductees will have their awards posted within the Hall Of Fame Forum and site members will be able to read the stories of their musical lives, listen to examples of their work, post comments and add to each page as they wish. The inaugural Inductees were selected from a shortlist of nominations from the membership of Soul Source and so as such, is a reflection of us, the members and fans of Northern soul

As our heroes and heroines are inducted it’s hoped that we can encourage the ones that are still with us to visit their award page and interact with us, which should be fantastic.

This new and exciting feature will be ongoing, developing every week as 2 more of our heroes are inducted every Monday during the month of December.

The results of the first round of nominations led to the following people being selected for our first inductions:

Linda Jones
    Maxine Brown
    Edwin Starr
    Roy Hamilton
    Andantes
    Marvelettes
    Masqueraders
    Precisions
    Exciters
    Sapphires
    Mike Terry
    Van McCoy
    Popcorn Wylie
    Weldon A McDougall III
    Ady Croasdell
    Bob Abrahamian

10 of these Inductees Awards will go ‘live’ on Monday. Which 10? Well I guess you’ll have to pop along and join us to find out. Hopefully, see a few of you over there.....
    Dave
    Last edited by lorraineC; 11-02-2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: No smiley in Heading, please.

So good you posted twice?

Thanks for the info though!

Quote Originally Posted by tamla617 View Post
    So good you posted twice?

Thanks for the info though!

I had no idea! Slippery fingers.

Lorraine

I went over there and voted when I saw that thread...I'm glad that a lot of unsung heroes will be honored in this way. I go by clevesoulie over there, BTW.

Best,

Mark

Well, I voted. Detroit has much to answer for with this ha ha. Good to see recognition in this electronic form. Who would have thought! And to see the new film 'Northern Soul' doing so well..great.