[REMOVE ADS]

Rare dynamic superiors video

Though lead singer Tony Washington had an incredible falsetto, his singing in his natural tone is awesome. I'm not familiar with this song but I love it and the choreography with these men are on point as usual

Love them.

S.S.

Glencro, this is a rare find. The song is "Leave It Alone" released on Motown in 1975. I haven't seen this performance in nearly 40 years...and yes, the choreography was excellent.

This video is from a TV show that aired on Saturday mornings before Soul Train called "The Ebony Affair." If memory serves me correctly it ran for one season from 1974-1975. Wow...this brings back such great memories. Thanks, Glencro!
    Last edited by no_place_like_motown; 11-02-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Glencro, what a find! Thanks for posting - brilliant!!!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by no_place_like_motown View Post
    Glencro, this is a rare find. The song is "Leave It Alone" released on Motown in 1975. I haven't seen this performance in nearly 40 years...and yes, the choreography was excellent.

This video is from a TV show that aired on Saturday mornings before Soul Train called "The Ebony Affair." If memory serves me correctly it ran for one season from 1974-1975. Wow...this brings back such great memories. Thanks, Glencro!
    This is my fav Dynamic Superior single from their first album by Ashford and Simpson. I never saw this video before and always thought there were two lead vocals on this song. Now I'm assuming that where I thought another member was singing lead on a few songs that it was indeed Tony. What talent! Thanks for posting

You're welcome guys...just realized that I have the two Motown classic albums on cd. Don't know how I missed this song. I wonder what would have been the chances of Tony Washington having a successful solo career. Vocally he could definitely hold his own.

Yeah, one of my favorite songs on that album, entitled 'The Dynamite Superiors', also. I too thought it was two different people singing co-lead. I always thought I heard Nick Ashford singing on the song as well. Was Tony the only lead in the group?

Has anyone looked at the video above where 'The Dynamite Superiors' sang "Shoe Shoe Shine" live in July 2011. There are 4 guys performing. Are any of those guys original members of the group. I know that the lead singer isn't an original member or should I say isn't Tony Washington.

Ran across this Stevie Wonder remake

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Has anyone looked at the video above where 'The Dynamite Superiors' sang "Shoe Shoe Shine" live in July 2011. There are 4 guys performing. Are any of those guys original members of the group. I know that the lead singer isn't an original member or should I say isn't Tony Washington.
    Ryon6 I saw the clip but didn't recognize any of the middle aged gentlemen

Thanks Glencro

Love the video, seen it many times, love their version of "Soon" and yes Tony was a bad man, his brother was also in the group. Also loved Hit & Run Lover, Valerie and Nick were perfect for them.

what a voice and what showmanship

Wowowowow, FANTASTIC!!! Love it, love it, love it

Thank you for revisiting this thread of yours glencro!!

thanks for that!

The superiors could dance as well as the mighty temps,very good group indeed.