[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think the Latino bloc is looking at both parties and waiting for someone to actually back up their rhetoric with action. At some point, they'll develop and nominate their own candidates instead of picking between the lesser of two evils. There are many being intimidated away from voting by the voter ID laws also, thinking that their legitimacy might lead to challenge, investigation, and subsequent problems for them and their associates. Many of these laws are more designed to frighten them away from the polls than they Black people. I had a Tea Bagging acquaintance tell me that the laws are needed 'to keep future waves of illegal aliens from voting' to which I was dumbfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Sometimes words in print can be misinterpreted. Your statement here reads as if you are saying that Latinos are awake and aware of their powerful voting block, but are too lazy to "get out of bed" and implement that power.

Is that what you meant?
    I did not use the word "lazy", and lazy is not what I meant. Ambivalent or indifferent would be what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I think the Latino bloc is looking at both parties and waiting for someone to actually back up their rhetoric with action. At some point, they'll develop and nominate their own candidates instead of picking between the lesser of two evils. There are many being intimidated away from voting by the voter ID laws also, thinking that their legitimacy might lead to challenge, investigation, and subsequent problems for them and their associates. Many of these laws are more designed to frighten them away from the polls than they Black people. I had a Tea Bagging acquaintance tell me that the laws are needed 'to keep future waves of illegal aliens from voting' to which I was dumbfounded.
    Bingo! We have a winner!

White republicans have the belief that democrats are trying to allow illegals to vote.

What's behind the republican's fear? It'a all about numbers. They know whites will no longer be the majority race in this country, and they know they can't stop it, but they can try to suppress the vote of non-whites. It is, in effect, the new race war.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-03-2014 at 02:47 PM.

Loved the mans voice. He's up the in individuality stakes with Levi, Ollie and Dennis. We don't get Unsung documentaries here in the UK so just watched his on YouTube. So Teddy was bisexual, frequented gay bars and the person with him in the fateful car accident was a transvestite. So what?!! His sexual preferences should not detract from the fact that he was one helluva singer. Another great talent we lost way too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Loved the mans voice. He's up the in individuality stakes with Levi, Ollie and Dennis. We don't get Unsung documentaries here in the UK so just watched his on YouTube. So Teddy was bisexual, frequented gay bars and the person with him in the fateful car accident was a transvestite. So what?!! His sexual preferences should not detract from the fact that he was one helluva singer. Another great talent we lost way too soon.
    Eddie Murphy, Jahiem, Johnny Gill have all been plagued by similar rumors at points in the careers. Comes with the territory, folks. Some still wonder about Luther Vandross and Freddie Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Eddie Murphy, Jahiem, Johnny Gill have all been plagued by similar rumors at points in the careers. Comes with the territory, folks. Some still wonder about Luther Vandross and Freddie Jackson.
    Luther was 100% gay. He did his best to keep it quiet but it was black music's worst kept secret in the 1980's. I didn't think it was such a big deal then, and i don't think it is a big deal now. I honestly did not know about Teddy, but it was common knowledge about the transvestite which i suppose should have set the alarm bells ringing.
    Freddie and Johnny are gay.
    I have no idea about Eddie Murphy and Jahiem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Luther was 100% gay. He did his best to keep it quiet but it was black music's worst kept secret in the 1980's. I didn't think it was such a big deal then, and i don't think it is a big deal now. I honestly did not know about Teddy, but it was common knowledge about the transvestite which i suppose should have set the alarm bells ringing.
    Freddie and Johnny are gay.
    I have no idea about Eddie Murphy and Jahiem.
    If I recall, around his SNL years [[ or may have been his "Raw" days) he was photogged going into a known gay club w/ Johnny Gill. And Jahiem would always be dogged by the gay rumors. And reportedly when called on it, in radio interviews, he'd wreck the studio!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Luther's sexuality BEEN confirmed. He was gay. Sylvester told him to not be open about it especially if he wanted to be an R&B star.

Freddie Jackson is obviously one of the kids too but I think he cherishes his privacy more than anything so he doesn't wanna tell it.

Johnny and Eddie are probably bisexual. Not sure about Jaheim but it wouldn't surprise me.