[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Mystery Woman' Involved In Teddy Pendergrass' Paralyzing Accident Speaks Out!

30 Years Later [[VIDEO)...........

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ncid=webmail11

Teddy Pendergrass was a superstar who was cut down well before his time. There are so many stories of careers derailed by death, drugs, it controversies. Jackie Wilson, Al Green, Sly Stone, Otis Redding, Jimi Hendrix. Teddy was going to be the greatest Philly star and not only was his body destroyed by the accident, his very image as a charismatic man was ridiculed by details nobody really knew. I'll never forget the shock of hearing that he was in the car with a 'transvestite' and all of the jokes about how Teddy Tender-ass had pulled the wool over everyone's eyes regarding his sexuality. Maybe the street history can be rewritten and his dignity restored.

A former prostitute,well that explains alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Teddy Pendergrass was a superstar who was cut down well before his time. There are so many stories of careers derailed by death, drugs, it controversies. Jackie Wilson, Al Green, Sly Stone, Otis Redding, Jimi Hendrix. Teddy was going to be the greatest Philly star and not only was his body destroyed by the accident, his very image as a charismatic man was ridiculed by details nobody really knew. I'll never forget the shock of hearing that he was in the car with a 'transvestite' and all of the jokes about how Teddy Tender-ass had pulled the wool over everyone's eyes regarding his sexuality. Maybe the street history can be rewritten and his dignity restored.
    It was confusing to a lot of us. I remember the second accident he had after I had moved to Philly in 1985. At that time we thought it would be the end, but Teddy survived for years afterwards.

At least we now know for sure that when he sang to the ladies, he really meant it!

The club that they left from was known as LGTB bar!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    The club that they left from was known as LGTB bar!!!!
    Oh really? Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Oh really? Never mind.
    And from what I remember, TP was a frequent customer!!!!

And from what I remember, TP was a frequent customer!!!!
    Again, this is mostly confusing to me. Teddy use to go with a friend of mine, Beverly when they were teenagers in High School.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Again, this is mostly confusing to me. Teddy use to go with a friend of mine, Beverly when they were teenagers in High School.
    Hay, Marv...How is it confusing????? Your friend went with him!!!!

Mr Teddy Pendergrass may have been a bisexual gentleman.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    A former prostitute,well that explains alot.
    Prostitutes can be good honest people arrr&bee. He who is without sin cast the first stone.

Roberta

Hoes can be good and honest people too. We need more of 'em!

Hum? Not trying to stir the pot here-not that it even matters at this point, but wasn't it noted that Tenika Watson is transgendered?

http://www.yourtango.com/201052752/t...n#.VE66pCLF9iY

I also saw her on an Oprah interview

Last edited by soulballad; 10-27-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Yeah, I've even seen their prom picture from '67. Confusing in that all this talk makes it sound like he didn't care for women. Maybe I am missing something. It wouldn't be the first time. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Hum? Not trying to stir the pot here-not that it even matters at this point, but wasn't it noted that Tenika Watson is transgendered?

http://www.yourtango.com/201052752/t...n#.VE66pCLF9iY

I also saw her on an Oprah interview

When that story first hit, it was reported that the woman in the car was a transvestite. That is a man living as a woman right?

When that story first hit, it was reported that the woman in the car was a transvestite. That is a man living as a woman right?
    Yes, when it happened, it was indeed reported as this person being a transvestite prostitute. That's when the rumors started that Pendergrass is gay. Gotta remember, this was back in the 80s, not today, where it would just get a snicker.

Yeah, I've even seen their prom picture from '67. Confusing in that all this talk makes it sound like he didn't care for women. Maybe I am missing something. It wouldn't be the first time. LOL!
    Let's put IT out there!!!! In my honest opinion, I think that Teddy Pendergrass was a bi-sexual!!!!

Frankly, it was his business what he liked. It doesn't affect me. He was still a fantastic singer.

I can remember reading his book TRULY BLESSED and there was only a brief mention of the passenger in the car while the accident and after affects were pretty vividly described.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    I can remember reading his book TRULY BLESSED and there was only a brief mention of the passenger in the car while the accident and after affects were pretty vividly described.
    He probably didn't want to talk about the passenger, and how that passenger wound up in his car because it would have opened up the question of his sexuality again, and being a born-again christian, and Black, and being gay, would not have been good for his career.

And, did anyone ever investigate why his Rolls sped up uncontrollably? Was that the way it really happened?

It was confusing to a lot of us. I remember the second accident he had after I had moved to Philly in 1985. At that time we thought it would be the end, but Teddy survived for years afterwards.
    It's funny how documentaries have overlooked the second accident...

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mr Teddy Pendergrass may have been a bisexual gentleman.

Roberta
    You can be a gentleman regardless of your sexuality.

I was going to make a very crude joke about Teddy and his passenger in the car, but you guys wouldn't have been able to handle it well.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    You can be a gentleman regardless of your sexuality.
    you sure can my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

Lulu Guest
    There is a difference between transvestite and transsexual or transgender.

This term is relatively formal; cross-dresser is more casual, but whereas the verb cross-dress is common, the verb transvest is quite rare.

Transvestite should not be confused with transgender or transsexual [[“person who lives as a member of a sex different from their birth sex”).

Transvestites generally have less or no desire to change their sex; they simply enjoy being able to cross-dress from time to time.

The term should also not be confused with drag queen [[“male who wears women’s clothing for public performance”); that term is specifically for performers.

Correct, Lulu. In fact, there are a lot of straight guys who enjoy dressing as a woman. They say it frees them from the constraints of masculinity that society places on them.

Some people say that everyone is a little gay to a degree. I don't believe that, but what I think they are getting at is what i've stated above, that people want to be free of social constraints of what they think males and females should act like and look like.

We just got done with Halloween for the year. It's a great time for men to dress up as women and get away with it in public. But, if a guy is married, or has a girlfriend, they may not be cool with it. Many women aren't.

I was going to make a very crude joke about Teddy and his passenger in the car, but you guys wouldn't have been able to handle it well.
    I'm pretty sure I heard all the crude jokes possible. My uncle was a huge fan and he also was the one I remember cracking jokes at his expense when it happened.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I'm pretty sure I heard all the crude jokes possible. My uncle was a huge fan and he also was the one I remember cracking jokes at his expense when it happened.
    It's definitely NOT PC. The trans community is the next civil rights frontier, I'm thinking. My mother is a therapist and has seen several men who cross dress over the years none of whom identified as "gay". Most, if not all were married with children.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    It's definitely NOT PC. The trans community is the next civil rights frontier, I'm thinking. My mother is a therapist and has seen several men who cross dress over the years none of whom identified as "gay". Most, if not all were married with children.
    You probably have me on ignore so you didn't read my post, but I pretty much said the same thing earlier.

Lulu Guest
    Nope I saw it! I was agreeing with you!!!

No they're not! Latinos are the next civil rights frontier in this country. Trans-people or whatever are not going to get much attention with law makers overall. How many are there anyway?

No they're not! Latinos are the next civil rights frontier in this country. Trans-people or whatever are not going to get much attention with law makers overall. How many are there anyway?
    I don't know about the transgendered but I believe that the gay/lesbian community is making waaay more noise than the Latin community as far as fighting for equal rights. How did this conversation get here lol. But back to Teddy, there were reports that cocaine and cognac were in his system.

I believe Lulu is right. Most people lump them into the LBGT bag, and that's the hottest issue right now. We still can't get the House republicans to do anything about immigration, and it remains to be seen if they turn out in significant numbers to vote on Tuesday. Obama also promised to do something about immigration reform after the election. If the republicans gain control of the senate, I can see him doing something like what Reagan did back in the 80s...amnesty.

Lulu Guest
    Again, your ignorance and borderline bigotry is showing. I know for a fact that there is at least one transgender person on the forums so I'd tread lightly if I were you.

However, I should have clarified that I was excluding race and ethnicity from my statement and meant that the transgender community are the next *civil rights frontier* for the LGBT community. Gay marriage will likely be legal in all 50 states within the next few years and I feel that employment discrimination against the LGBT community will soon follow.

Lulu Guest
    I believe Lulu is right. Most people lump them into the LBGT bag, and that's the hottest issue right now. We still can't get the House republicans to do anything about immigration, and it remains to be seen if they turn out in significant numbers to vote on Tuesday. Obama also promised to do something about immigration reform after the election. If the republicans gain control of the senate, I can see him doing something like what Reagan did back in the 80s...amnesty.
    REMINDER: VOTE ON TUESDAY, PEOPLE! I live in a very blue state so I'm not too concerned but if you lean left and your state's Senate race is tight, please get out and vote!

Again, your ignorance and borderline bigotry is showing. I know for a fact that there is at least one transgender person on the forums so I'd tread lightly if I were you.
    He didn't state anything bad, just his opinion. And, he didn't say anything negative about transgender people. So, how is that bigotry?

However, I should have clarified that I was excluding race and ethnicity from my statement and meant that the transgender community are the next *civil rights frontier* for the LGBT community. Gay marriage will likely be legal in all 50 states within the next few years and I feel that employment discrimination against the LGBT community will soon follow.
    However, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent transgenders from voting. They are trying to prevent Blacks, Latinos, young people, and senior citizens from voting because they tend to vote democrat.

REMINDER: VOTE ON TUESDAY, PEOPLE! I live in a very blue state so I'm not too concerned but if you lean left and your state's Senate race is tight, please get out and vote!
    I live in a very red state [[does Sheriff Joe Arpaio sound familiar?) that could turn purple if the right people get out and vote. We have a state, house rep, an attorney general, and a governor up for election. I have voted ever since I turned 18.

I live in tea-bagger country, but I have never had trouble voting. My polling place is just down the street, the lines are never very long, and I can vote either before or after work.

Lulu Guest
    He didn't state anything bad, just his opinion. And, he didn't say anything negative about transgender people. So, how is that bigotry?

However, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent transgenders from voting. They are trying to prevent Blacks, Latinos, young people, and senior citizens from voting because they tend to vote democrat.
    Oh, the whole "there aren't that many of them" mindset and the "or whatever" just come across as dismissive and marginalizing. For years people said the same thing about the LGBT community as a whole and now, look at the strides they've made. I'm pretty sure if you were black and lived in a town of 90% whites and you overheard someone say "how many are there anyway?" or "African Americans or whatever" it wouldn't go over too well...

Fun fact re: voter ID. I'll have to dig up the clip and send it to you. In Texas which has gotten a LOT of heat [[rightfully so) with regards to their Voter ID laws of late, now the VETERANS are having problems voting. How much face loss is that going to be for that moron Perry when an old white Republican Korean War veteran can't vote?!? Geeeeeeeeezzzzzus!!!

Oh, the whole "there aren't that many of them" mindset and the "or whatever" just come across as dismissive and marginalizing.
    I see. You didn't specifically say that before. Man, transgenders are all over the place.

For years people said the same thing about the LGBT community as a whole and now, look at the strides they've made. I'm pretty sure if you were black and lived in a town of 90% whites and you overheard someone say "how many are there anyway?" or "African Americans or whatever" it wouldn't go over too well...
    Don't get upset, because many people live in areas where there really aren't many, or gays are good at being in the closet.

Fun fact re: voter ID. I'll have to dig up the clip and send it to you. In Texas which has gotten a LOT of heat [[rightfully so) with regards to their Voter ID laws of late, now the VETERANS are having problems voting. How much face loss is that going to be for that moron Perry when an old white Republican Korean War veteran can't vote?!? Geeeeeeeeezzzzzus!!!
    They have even had a case where a state politician couldn't vote because of a state law about surnames and married women. There was a case where a judge couldn't vote. But, if you have a gun permit, all is good. Texas is fucked up!

Lulu Guest
    I see. You didn't specifically say that before. Man, transgenders are all over the place.

Don't get upset, because many people live in areas where there really aren't many, or gays are good at being in the closet.

They have even had a case where a state politician couldn't vote because of a state law about surnames and married women. There was a case where a judge couldn't vote. But, if you have a gun permit, all is good. Texas is fucked up!
    A lot of times the "perception" of transgender is someone like Laverne Cox or Chaz Bono. I was leaning more towards those who aren't open about it or haven't even begun to think about any reassignment surgery. You've probably seen some of those heartbreaking documentaries about kids struggling with gender identity and having to put on fronts just to appease their parents and classmates.

Oh good old Sheriff Joe! Well, my county is red albeit my state's nearly all blueness. We've got a gay republican "write-in" trying to unseat the incumbent commissioner who accepted his biggest donation this year from a known secessionist! ARGH!

A lot of times the "perception" of transgender is someone like Laverne Cox or Chaz Bono. I was leaning more towards those who aren't open about it or haven't even begun to think about any reassignment surgery. You've probably seen some of those heartbreaking documentaries about kids struggling with gender identity and having to put on fronts just to appease their parents and classmates.
    One, maybe on CNN or something, as i'm really not really interested. Doesn't mean I have no empathy, just that it doesn't affect my personal world.

Oh good old Sheriff Joe! Well, my county is red albeit my state's nearly all blueness. We've got a gay republican "write-in" trying to unseat the incumbent commissioner who accepted his biggest donation this year from a known secessionist! ARGH!
    They don't even bother with succeeding from the union around here. People just file papers and declare themselves sovereign citizens. It started when Obama was elected president in 2008.

Oh, just remember Ralph's new forum policy. Don't try to call anyone out for what you may perceive to be Aretha, Ross, or gay bashing. That will get YOU banned.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-03-2014 at 01:38 AM.

The Latino community will be close to 30% of the U.S. Population in the very near future and they WILL use their burgeoning political clout to gain whatever rights they want! They are the sleeping giant in this country.

I have ZERO f*^ks to give about what you think about ME Lulu, you don't know me so stop trying to smear me ok?

"Trans-people or whatever' smh just smh.

Roberta

Lulu Guest
    One, maybe on CNN or something, as i'm really not really interested. Doesn't mean I have no empathy, just that it doesn't affect my personal world.

They don't even bother with succeeding from the union around here. People just file papers and declare themselves sovereign citizens. It started when Obama was elected president in 2008.

Oh, just remember Ralph's new forum policy. Don't try to call anyone out for what you may perceive to be Aretha, Ross, or gay bashing. That will get YOU banned.[/QUOTE]

We all need to be respectful of other's differences here. As I've said before, we should treat misogny and homophobia just as we do racism. If you don't know what may be perceived as such or think they may be offending a particular group of people, just please think twice about including it in your posts. As we've had instances of all in the forums in the past, I would think we can create a place where all feel welcome. That's all.

Re: Aretha and Diana yes, the fat and addiction shaming is creeping back up. Ralph is the sheriff around here so I'll leave it to him to decide what is/is not out of line with these comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the artists' music.

The Latino community will be close to 30% of the U.S. Population in the very near future and they WILL use their burgeoning political clout to gain whatever rights they want! They are the sleeping giant in this country.
    Yes, they are a sleeping giant. But, there's your key word: "sleeping". Will enough of them wake up to become that powerful voting block? Or, perhaps they are awake, but just won't climb out of bed.

I have ZERO f*^ks to give about what you think about ME Lulu, you don't know me so stop trying to smear me ok?
    Be cool you two!

We all need to be respectful of other's differences here. As I've said before, we should treat misogny and homophobia just as we do racism. If you don't know what may be perceived as such or think they may be offending a particular group of people, just please think twice about including it in your posts. As we've had instances of all in the forums in the past, I would think we can create a place where all feel welcome. That's all.
    I hope this goes for straight men, too! There's still a lot of us here.

Re: Aretha and Diana yes, the fat and addiction shaming is creeping back up. Ralph is the sheriff around here so I'll leave it to him to decide what is/is not out of line with these comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the artists' music.
    As long as these threads stick to the music, I have no problem with it. But when I see people making off-hand comments about famous people being heffers, or whatever, that's what Ralph looks at. he banned someone for that recently, so if this crap keeps popping up again, i'm sure he will have no problem with giving them the boot.

Now, we have been talking about Teddy Pendergrass, and the topic not music related, so that's OK. But, i'm still seeing the bashing of music people. These famous people, or someone close to them will read this stuff, and the Terranas are known figures in the business. THey are seen as endorsing the bashing on this forum just because the name is on it. It's not logical, rational, or fair, but that's the way it is.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-03-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Yes, they are a sleeping giant. But, there's your key word: "sleeping". Will enough of them wake up to become that powerful voting block? Or, perhaps they are awake, but just won't climb out of bed.
    Sometimes words in print can be misinterpreted. Your statement here reads as if you are saying that Latinos are awake and aware of their powerful voting block, but are too lazy to "get out of bed" and implement that power.

Is that what you meant?