[REMOVE ADS]

#1 on BILLBOARD Chart!..MOTOWN 25 DVD!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    This is great new Jimi a number one DVD hopefully mean more Motown releases on Dvd like Motown Return to the Appolo and Motown40.

Thank you.

Roberta

INCREDIBLE! Not only is the 3 CD set #1, but it looks like the full set is #3! Who would have thought this could happen!

no, the single DVD is #3.. the deluxe box is only sold directly by Star/Vista-Time/Life and not sold as a Soundscan item, thereby not available to chart via SoundScan as it is not sold in conventional retail or Amazon, etc,,,otherwise 3 of the Top 5 DVDs on the Billboard chart would be MOTOWN 25..so I guess somebody is buying it!!!..LOL.. TCB & G.I.T. next, please... and I did predict this, by the way..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 10-16-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Wow! What a great statement of Triumph and vindication. From 14-15 Emmy nods and winning the ultimate "Best Variety Special".....winning the Nielsen ratings and thrilling reviews. Berry and Suzanne must be on "Cloud Nine"!
    It makes me so proud to be a hardcore Motown fan.......Motown, the Greatest Entertainment entity of all time!!!

smark21 Guest
    Glad that the #1 chart ranking is giving a self esteem boost to those souls whose self worth is tied to sales and chart performance.

It is a validation of popularity and a reason for Motown Fans to be glad. This isn't like the 60's where there were 10 Motown singles on the charts all the time and you could see them all in concert here and there. Today, none of the much make the charts and the appearances are fewer and smaller. So, a reason to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    It is a validation of popularity and a reason for Motown Fans to be glad. This isn't like the 60's where there were 10 Motown singles on the charts all the time and you could see them all in concert here and there. Today, none of the much make the charts and the appearances are fewer and smaller. So, a reason to be happy.
    Yes it gives us hope for future Motown releases.

Congratulations, Motown and Star Vista! This is your cue to strike while the iron is HOT! Bring on The Supremes & The Tempts "TCB" and "GIT On Broadway" DVD's!

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Glad that the #1 chart ranking is giving a self esteem boost to those souls whose self worth is tied to sales and chart performance.
    "Whose self esteem is tied to sales and chart performance...." That is so cute and such acute observation. Dime store psychological analysis is what we should aspire to. When we cannot think of something worthwhile to say, it is imperative that one searches for a way to display their cleverness. It's so darn inspiring.......I am laughing so hard, tears of folly are wetting my iPad screen. How I wish I had such a touching way with words.

don't even get pulled in by the few negative folks here who hate Diana Ross and just about everything else, I don't even know why they're on a Motown page, rooting against Motown.. Just smile at the #1 on Billboard and feel a LITTLE compassion for how wounded they must feel by this success story!... If it had failed they'd have said, ha, no one bought it, it's #1, so they take the opposite approach...its not a real conversation, just ignore them and enjoy the #1!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    don't even get pulled in by the few negative folks here who hate Diana Ross and just about everything else, I don't even know why they're on a Motown page, rooting against Motown.. Just smile at the #1 on Billboard and feel a LITTLE compassion for how wounded they must feel by this success story!... If it had failed they'd have said, ha, no one bought it, it's #1, so they take the opposite approach...its not a real conversation, just ignore them and enjoy the #1!
    Well stated Jim. It really reflects on said poster's state of being. And I couldn't have said it better. Why bother posting on something known as "Motown Forum" if you harbor such unnecessary ill will. If you think you are above it all, there are millions of options online...I'm sure said poster can find like-minded allies elsewhere.

smark21 Guest
    I love Motown music and I like most of Diana Ross' output. But I'm a grown up, secure in my opinions of what I like and what I don't like. While it's nice if something I like sells well, I don't care if it doesn't as I don't need validation from charts and sales. Such a mentality is understandable from an adolescent who is still trying to find their identity, but it's sad from grown ups. But I'm not shocked that Bokiluis and Jimi are all worked up about the DVD going #1, as I expected them to revel in that feat if it occurred. Boki is obsessed with sales and Jimi has the intellectual and emotional maturity of a socially insecure 12 year old girl obsessed with her favorite boy band. I mostly posted my asshole remark just to stir you two up. And it worked. Suggestion next time I try to rattle your chains: ignore me and my smart ass remark.

and of course, the attempt to ignite a 'flame war' so that this post celebrating the #1 is taken down..sorry, not biting, and thank you for recognizing the 12 year old inner girl in me... I pride myself on that!, and I totally agree with your description of your own post!..it's all good!

That so called obsession afforded me an MBA and a wonderful career in Sales & Marketing in the music industry .
    And growing up in a good home and under great parenting also taught me not to try an insult someone that I have no idea of whom I am talking to.
    That, to me is a trait of which I most assuredly don't envy. There's an old adage that aptly applies here, "if you don't have anything nice to say......and I think most of us know the rest."
    But if it makes you happy than so be it. I think most people find it quite sad and pathetic. As Gladys once sang, "You're still number 1 in my book".
    Last edited by Bokiluis; 10-18-2014 at 06:26 AM.

now a quite respectable #3... hanging tough for a month in the Top 3 certainly makes it a HIT!
    http://www.billboard.com/biz/charts/music-video

This is another Motown Hit!

Bokiluis: There was another line that is appropriate to your discussion about politeness; that line was "Din't your Mama teach you how to close dawws?" So clearly, not everyone got taught.