[REMOVE ADS]

90's group-Jade does a Supremes Style song

Tonya Kelly in the center of the pic below always reminded me of Sandra Tilley of the Velvelettes/Vandellas

Last edited by soulballad; 10-15-2014 at 08:43 PM.

and from 1992

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    Tonya Kelly in the center of the pic below always reminded me of Sandra Tilley of the Velvelettes/Vandellas

This is most definitely a blatant attempt at capturing the early Motown/Supremes sound. The reason it does not work for me is it is lacking strong vocals and lyrics are too sparse [[I couldn't tell you the name of the song from them......). The hook is weak, but I could overlook that because these are some gorgeous women! LOL! Nice try though.
    Last edited by marv2; 10-15-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulballad View Post
    and from 1992

Now this is what I am talking about! A true, bona-fide JAM! This is what makes them memorable to me.

I always thought they were a better singing group than SWV. Thought the lead vocalist was a much stronger vocalist than CoCo. I wonder how Sisters With[[out) Voices became so popular!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    I always thought they were a better singing group than SWV. Thought the lead vocalist was a much stronger vocalist than CoCo. I wonder how Sisters With[[out) Voices became so popular!
    I totally agree with you, Ryon6. "Don't Walk Away" is one of my all time favorites and LOVE the video. Wish the group had stayed together longer. After all these years, I still play their 1st CD.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I totally agree with you, Ryon6. "Don't Walk Away" is one of my all time favorites and LOVE the video. Wish the group had stayed together longer. After all these years, I still play their 1st CD.
    I liked both Jade and SWV, they made it big just before soul music went down the crapper in the late 90's/2000's. [[IMO ... please, Soulster, don't kill me!)

Not only is "Don't Walk Away" great, but they did a nice re-make of The Emotions hit "Don't Ask My Neighbor". I liked SWV's "Rain" among others, both strong groups. I'll listen to their latest later ... I enjoy their photos.