[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    R. Dean Taylor - There's A Ghost In My House [[one of the worst Motown vocals)
    Diana Ross & Supremes - The Composer [[Motown Mediocrity)
    Edwin Starr - 25 Miles [[never liked this song)
    Four Tops - Still Waters [[should have been left deep in the vault)
    Marvelettes - My Baby Must be A Magician [[make space for it next to '"Still Waters")

Well .. is this really a "nonsense thread"? To me it is the antidote to the parallel "10 Motown Songs I Never Tire of Hearing" thread .. and some songs crop up on both ..

There seem to be two reasons tunes get a mention on this thread .. either because they stray too far away from Soul/R&B and into Rock/Pop/Novelty territory .. or because they have suffered over-exposure by unimaginative Program Directors and D.Js. And of course some fall into both categories.

I mean, I used to love "Dancing In The Street", but for the past 30 years or more it seems to be the only MARTHA & THE VANDELLAS tune I hear if I am out and about in London and its surrounds .. occasionally "Jimmy Mack" or "Nowhere To Run" gets a look in ,, and everytime I hear "Dancing" I have voices in my head screaming "Why can't they play one of her other tunes for a change such as "In My Lonely Room", "Love Bug Leave My Heart Alone", "I'm Ready for Love", "Heatwave" etc. etc."

So over the years disappointment over not hearing non-overexposed Martha tunes has ended up with me disliking "Dancing In The Street".

And with Stevie's "I Just Called To Say I Love You" I thought it was M.O.R. mush the first time I heard it and my opinion has never changed.

Maybe its a pity "Laughing Boy" by MARY WELLS wasn't a bigger hit as I'm sure we humourless people would soon have tired of hearing that one, and it would get mentioned all over this thread!!

Anyway .. must dash .. I'm about to take out my copy of TCMS1 to have my annual listen to "Custers Last Man" ..

Roger