[REMOVE ADS]

Cool PRE-ORDERS FOR STAR VISTA's DELUXE, 6-DISC DVD SETS of "MOTOWN 25" ARE SHIPPING NOW!

I just received an email from my bank charge-card account notifying me that Star Vista has charged my account for the total amount of the above item plus shipping. That means that our pre-ordered Motown 25's have entered the shipping process! Like a kid at Christmas, I wanted this set YESTERDAY, so, as a result, I paid for Next-Day Shipping. [[I know, that particular option was un-Godly expensive, but, for me, Motown is worth it.) I'm guessing that Motown 25 will arrive here by Thursday or Friday. Can't wait!

Thanks for letting us know. I see my standard shipment of the 6/DVD set has been upgraded from "back order" to "being prepared for shipment". I guess they manufactured the amount of the 6/DVD set by custom orders rather than randomly manufacturing x # of units by approximation. Anyway, hopefully, my next email states that my order is now shipping.

I am gutted the 6 dvd set hasn't been made available for the UK. [[[[[[[[

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    I feel for ya. It's a bummer, for sure. Makes ya wonder why they do that. Sales would double if they made it available in the U.K. as well. On the other hand, there are American Motown titles which are available in the U.K. but NOT in America. Go figure!

When it arrives, give us a short review.

This and the Ross RCA CDs are a great Motown Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This and the Ross RCA CDs are a great Motown Christmas present.
    And the "In the Name of Love Tour" and "Motown, the Musical" touring the country.
    Keeps the bank account active. You're ahead of me for Christmas. These are birthday presents for me. Culture rich, cash poor.......

I don't see this on Amazon. Can you post a link to the DVD? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I will. Since StarVista [[formerly TimeLife) charged my charge card yesterday, I thought for sure I would get an email Shipping Confirmation from them today, but I didn't. If I don't hear from them tomorrow [[Thursday), I'll give them a call and see what's going on. The Deluxe Motown 25 pre-orders were supposed to ship last week [[the week of the 15th), but apparently there was a temporary delay. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I don't see this on Amazon. Can you post a link to the DVD? Thanks.
    Sure, Kenneth. Here is Star Vista's link:

http://timelife.com/search?utf8=%E2%...+25+dvd&button=

As you'll see, the one on the left is the 3-disc DVD version. The one on the right is the Deluxe 6-disc DVD version which comes with a slew of Bonus material.
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-25-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. I see my standard shipment of the 6/DVD set has been upgraded from "back order" to "being prepared for shipment". I guess they manufactured the amount of the 6/DVD set by custom orders rather than randomly manufacturing x # of units by approximation. Anyway, hopefully, my next email states that my order is now shipping.
    You're welcome, Bokiluis.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Sure, Kenneth. Here is Star Vista's link:

http://timelife.com/search?utf8=%E2%...+25+dvd&button=

As you'll see, the one on the left is the 3-disc DVD version. The one on the right is the Deluxe 6-disc DVD version which comes with a slew of Bonus material.
    Thank you!

You're very welcome!

Mine shipped with tracking number! Can't wait. I don't have any of it.

just got the tracking info sent to my Blackberry..can't wait to get my hands on this!

UPDATE: Mine, too, has shipped with tracking #. It will arrive via FedEx TODAY!

Got my Motown 25 [[deluxe 6-disc DVD version) boxed set today. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play it yet [[too much other stuff going on, of all days), but I can tell you that the whole set is very beautifully packaged. The outer package is a highly-attractive, sparkling, multi-colored silver with a big, blue M25 logo. The overall size of the boxed set is much smaller than I had expected, measuring 11" x 8" x 1 1/4" deep. I had somehow imagined an over-sized outer box like the packaging of the original deluxe version of "King Of Queens", as well as the deluxe "Mama's Family" multi-disc DVD box set that Star Vista released a while back, but it matters not. Everything in this elegant package is included, as promised, containing two DVD boxes holding three DVD's each with a small booklet in each, as well as a beautiful, large, box-sized color booklet printed on high-quality paper. I think you'll be very pleased when you see it.

If anyone else would like to write a review, please feel free. The way things are going today, I may not have a chance to watch it until tomorrow. Argghhh!!!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 09-25-2014 at 04:35 PM.

I just got my notice that FedEx is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, September 30th with my 6 DVDs!!! Yes!!!
    Unlike Funkytown Grooves that wanted my order pre-paid weeks before it was scheduled to ship, Time-Life doesn't charge your card until the item ships.
    Though most of us probably placed our Funkytown Grooves [[Diana Catalog Reissues) orders in August soon as we first received word of its pending release, I have yet to receive notice of shipment or the CDs. [[But Funkytown did ask that we "BE PATIENT", however, if we said the same about payment, Funkytown would certainly NOT SHIP or BE PATIENT. You're Gonna Love It. NOT).
    Am I irritated? Just a little Funkytown. Just a little........

mine is coming through USPS via Fed Ex so it should be here tomorrow.. we'll see..

YES!!!..it's here ..feel like a kid at Christmas time,,

FYI: I got all 6 of my Diana Ross FUNKYTOWN Grooves CDs on Saturday and also received an email on 9/21 that they were on the way...

Quote Originally Posted by ejluther View Post
    FYI: I got all 6 of my Diana Ross FUNKYTOWN Grooves CDs on Saturday and also received an email on 9/21 that they were on the way...
    Congrats! It is good to know at least someone was kept informed and now enjoying the mixes. I trust mine will be here in the next day or two. Wonder if it is because I live on the west coast?

It was like an early birthday present[[s) arrived late yesterday. Both the DVDs and the Diana CDs arrived! The Motown box is really cool. Wow! Tickets in 1983 to the actual taping was a whopping $500!!! But I've spent as much as a grand to see Diana at the Carnegie Hall/Rainforest Benefit so if I had access to a ticket to the taping, I would probably broken the piggybank. Haven't watched or listened to anything yet as I am gonna have a few friends over this weekend for a showing. It took 3 decades but it certainly seems worth the wait.

I never got a notification, but it showed up today. Feels like Christmas. Going through the package now.

Quote Originally Posted by superlou View Post
    I never got a notification, but it showed up today. Feels like Christmas. Going through the package now.
    Congrats! Like Tavis Smiley said Suzanne de Passé is an amazing producer. Why it took so long, we may never know. But Christmas in September isn't a bad trade-off. I am taking deliberate time to savor each bit of memorabilia before a weekend video fest. The sparkles on the box looks great under a soft spotlight on my credenza.

Quote Originally Posted by alexstassi View Post
    You can get it on Ebay or do what I did and use MyUS.com to forward the package.

Quote Originally Posted by scanspeak View Post
    You can get it on Ebay or do what I did and use MyUS.com to forward the package.
    Are they doing Region 2?

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Are they doing Region 2?
    Does that mean we in the UK can't see it. Oh well, that saves me a few bob!

i cant afford the 6 disc version can i just buy the Motown 25 tv show and if i can does anyone have links they can share to purchase it.

Thankl you.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxx View Post
    Thank you dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Are they doing Region 2?
    Nope it's region 1. I have a multi-region player [[I actually sell them) so it didnt occur to me.