[REMOVE ADS]

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    It's important for me to be right, especially in this instance. Why? Because i can. Lol

MissLish Guest
    Where is the ignore function exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by MissLish View Post
    Where is the ignore function exactly?
    iT'S UNDER 'SETTINGS.'

MissLish Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    iT'S UNDER 'SETTINGS.'

Thank you baby. xo

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motown_M_1056 View Post
    It's important for me to be right, especially in this instance. Why? Because i can. Lol

Well alright then - you go on with your bad self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been thinking. They are going to have "to go there......" in order for this film to be a huge success. They are going to have to go "controversial". I believe they know that too.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I've been thinking. They are going to have "to go there......" in order for this film to be a huge success. They are going to have to go "controversial". I believe they know that too.
    Here's something for you - Tony Turner told me, " What happened to Flo Ballard, a really wonderful person, was not at all pretty". Finally, someone needs to go there, and tell the horrid truth. Some of it no doubt was bad decisions on Ballard's part , but much of it appears to be just plain vicious on Motown's part. The company's actions, and Ballard's reactions, still are things of legend, unfairness, and man's inhumanity to man, period.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    Here's something for you - Tony Turner told me, " What happened to Flo Ballard, a really wonderful person, was not at all pretty". Finally, someone needs to go there, and tell the horrid truth. Some of it no doubt was bad decisions on Ballard's part , but much of it appears to be just plain vicious on Motown's part. The company's actions, and Ballard's reactions, still are things of legend, unfairness, and man's inhumanity to man, period.

I know that the public can handle it. Last night I was thinking of the film "Sparkle" and it's eery similarity to the Supremes/Florence Ballard story. What was especially eery was what happened to one of the main characters "Sister" [[Lonette McKee). One of the most disturbing things about the film was the fact that Florence Ballard passed away on February 22, 1976 and the film was released on April 8, 1976. We went to see it on April 18, 1976, Easter, Sunday.

Was this just an eery coincedence or could the producers have had enough time to alter the film to bring it even more in line with the real story of the Supremes? This is a question that I have thought about for a good while now.

Hey Marv!
    I have been wondering if there is much interest in this saga due to the feedback I have heard from the movie version of Dreamgirls. It seems many were disappointed because it was it did not address the hard issues, in other words, how horrible she was treated. And yes, like many of us, she made bad decisions and was too generous with her money. Therefore, I suggest that there might be little interest if this is another lighthearted rehash of the Sups. I also wonder if Mary would object to the bashing of the key offenders; at a recent concert she was pissed when fans yelled out she sang better than Diana. I also wonder at this point if she is simply interested in protecting the legacy. Is there really anything more to tell?

I was at a Chrsitmas party in south [[deep) Texas and was suprised how many people knew the names [[most were native to this are) of the three originals and equally suprised when someone said, "if I was Mary, I would have "decked" her long ago". When the DJ played a Sups songs it precipitated people started walking around saying, don't look at me [[based on the rumor of Ross demanding that people should not look at her). I am still suprised at the level of animosity toward Ross after all these years, but is another project really going to sell.

jon

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Hey Marv!
    I have been wondering if there is much interest in this saga due to the feedback I have heard from the movie version of Dreamgirls. It seems many were disappointed because it was it did not address the hard issues, in other words, how horrible she was treated. And yes, like many of us, she made bad decisions and was too generous with her money. Therefore, I suggest that there might be little interest if this is another lighthearted rehash of the Sups. I also wonder if Mary would object to the bashing of the key offenders; at a recent concert she was pissed when fans yelled out she sang better than Diana. I also wonder at this point if she is simply interested in protecting the legacy. Is there really anything more to tell?

I was at a Chrsitmas party in south [[deep) Texas and was suprised how many people knew the names [[most were native to this are) of the three originals and equally suprised when someone said, "if I was Mary, I would have "decked" her long ago". When the DJ played a Sups songs it precipitated people started walking around saying, don't look at me [[based on the rumor of Ross demanding that people should not look at her). I am still suprised at the level of animosity toward Ross after all these years, but is another project really going to sell.

jon

If they beat the hell out of the DIANA ROSS image - it will sell - good or bad. Somehow I believe they will unfortunately whitewash the whole thing. The current DELAY may be DUE TO THAT!!!!

If they beat the hell out of the DIANA ROSS image - it will sell - good or bad. Somehow I believe they will unfortunately whitewash the whole thing. The current DELAY may be DUE TO THAT!!!!
    I agree with you that they will have to go hard on Ross [[the public expects it), however I am more than just a little curious that none of the real life characters have made a mention of this upcoming film. I am VERY sure that they have heard about it.

topdiva1 Guest
    I agree with you that they will have to go hard on Ross [[the public expects it), however I am more than just a little curious that none of the real life characters have made a mention of this upcoming film. I am VERY sure that they have heard about it.
    Now you know they know!!!

just trying to unravel some of the mysteries could make a film within itself...

Flo apparently came into money at the very end..where did it come from ? Motown ? or the story it was accident compensation settlement...who could verify that in 2011?
    Did Diana write a cheque for Flo only to have Tommy want it issued in his name?..she didnt trust him and couldnt get hold of Flo so the cheque was voided..
    Why didnt Berry go to the funeral?
    Did her master ABC recordings end up in the Motown vault?
    Why did she trash the hotel room the last time Mary saw her alive ?
    What is on the Benjaminson tapes that still cant be revealed today ?
    ...so many unanswered questions...

Topdiva I agree with you that they will whitewash the whole mess, if this film is even made. I still cannot fathom the idea of a tell all movie being marketed to the mainstream public. Mary wrote the book on the whole deal and was in my opinion too nice. I suggest that her book was an expression of dissppointment on how she was treated.
    jon

Dreamgirl is definetley an expression of disapointment but Mary had her own problems and a busy schedule plus she lived in another city from Flo so Mary has only a vague idea of what Flo went through in those last years..Flo said Mary always sent cards and notes from her travels but reading of Marys glamourous life must have been bittersweet..If only she had recieved better health care for her depression...

Hi Nomis:
    Good point about appropriate access to health care. She also needed to be associated with the right people for high level social support to enhance her self-esteem. In addition, there is the perception that people were prob afraid to help her because of her former employer. This whole is sad because she could have had a life long career. She possesed comedic skills in addition to her singing. Can u just imagine Flo telling Mary at that birthday party that Ross was singing flat!!!! Her bluntness was funny in itself. What a mess. If this movie is done correctly, it will be so sad. she passed away decades ago, but we are still talking about her. Wonder why?
    jon

Wow, this thread sure went dead. So much hubbub, then nothing. Even the "Blondie" Facebook page hasn't been updated for weeks.

Uh oh.....

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    They're gonna have to try harder on their Facebook page if they want to keep fans and attract interest. Here's today's status update:

Butter popcorn

REALLY? BUTTER Popcorn?
    I'm not sure as why so many of you keep shi@@in on this upcoming movie???
    If the facebook postings annoy you, than maybe you need to "unlike" it and keep it moving!
    Do you have anything positive to say about this at all? maybe you should create a seperate topic for those who remain skeptical about the movie?

Would anyone happen to know if Flo kept a diary?
    Last edited by jive_turkey; 02-14-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added more info

topdiva1 Guest
    Topdiva I agree with you that they will whitewash the whole mess, if this film is even made. I still cannot fathom the idea of a tell all movie being marketed to the mainstream public. Mary wrote the book on the whole deal and was in my opinion too nice. I suggest that her book was an expression of dissppointment on how she was treated.

jon

Apparently - some lawyers, representing different people have already lined up. While the movie cannot of course be stopped - the producers will be very careful in legal vetting to save themselves - and the writer major grief - from more people than you may guess. The movie is being made "suit proof", if there is such a thing.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Wow, this thread sure went dead. So much hubbub, then nothing. Even the "Blondie" Facebook page hasn't been updated for weeks.

Uh oh.....

There is trouble in FLO FILM LAND. It will get done - but will not be what you think. All images will be protected -as Flo herself likely would have wanted. There will be some 'Clean Dirt", that you already know.

The real nasty stuff will remain locked away in certain peoples memories, and never will be really revealed. No one would likely believe it all no way. And the producers do not want the legal headache - they really had no idea of what and who they are up against - and it is not who you may think - but other names not as widely known.

I wonder if there are legal or financial issues with Peter's interviews with Florence? Is there an agreement with Flo's daughters? We certainly do not need another Dreamgirls rehash production. It's all been said before- no pun inteneded lol!

There is trouble in FLO FILM LAND. It will get done - but will not be what you think. All images will be protected -as Flo herself likely would have wanted. There will be some 'Clean Dirt", that you already know.

The real nasty stuff will remain locked away in certain peoples memories, and never will be really revealed. No one would likely believe it all no way. And the producers do not want the legal headache - they really had no idea of what and who they are up against - and it is not who you may think - but other names not as widely known.
    Ahemmmmm........!!!!

topdiva1 Guest
    I wonder if there are legal or financial issues with Peter's interviews with Florence? Is there an agreement with Flo's daughters? We certainly do not need another Dreamgirls rehash production. It's all been said before- no pun inteneded lol!
    Most likely as in any bio - book - or - pic - there are legal issues to be resolved - before publishing or filming. All done in an effort to make a film or book "suit proof". Likely there is also a type of "soft agreement" with Flo's daughters made out of respect for them. However - they will have little to do - if anything with the telling of The Flo Ballard story - as they do not figure into the plot as major players.

It will see the light of day - but perhaps not as soon as thought. A lot of work has gone into this project privately over many years - the producers are very passionate about this film. It will be amazing - but it will also present as many questions as it answers.

More importantly it will be tasteful - truthful - and "suit proof". So, in other words legally very edited.

One thing I'll say about Faith Evans is that she better pull or hold back vocally if she does any singing in this upcoming film about Florence Ballard. Florence did not sing as well as Faith does. Faith, that b---h can sing.

topdiva1 Guest
    Kelly Rowland is reading for the Diane Ross role - Do you think Kelley is better suited for the Mary Wilson role - on looks alone.

And can Kelly who is so sweet - play a grand diva who takes no prisoners.

Kelly Rowland is reading for the Diane Ross role - Do you think Kelley is better suited for the Mary Wilson role - on looks alone.

And can Kelly who is so sweet - play a grand diva who takes no prisoners.
    I like Kelly Rowland, but I hope she knows what she is doing. If she does too good of a job playing Diana Ross it could hurt her reputation and the public's perception of her for years to come LOL!!!

Well, she sung in Diana's place alongside Cindy and Mary on that Motown 45 reunion. Chances are folks saw her on that and came up with an idea.

I like Kelly Rowland, but I hope she knows what she is doing. If she does too good of a job playing Diana Ross it could hurt her reputation and the public's perception of her for years to come LOL!!!

She can't sing lead and she is no Mary Wilson.

topdiva1 Guest
    This could type cast the entire cast - what ever became of The Temptations movie cast?

But perhaps for most - since they are singers this is a chance to branch out.