[REMOVE ADS]

Apple Put New U2 Album on ALL our I-Phones...Why ??

If you have an I-Phone, check your library. Apple gave us all the new U2 album for free. Why ??

I wonder if they are going to count this as sales for the charts.

If they are going to put free music on my phone, why not give me some classic seventies soul, some good jazz or beloved classic Motown?
    Last edited by milven; 09-17-2014 at 10:39 AM.

smark21 Guest
    Because they paid U2 $100 million for the rights to the album and no one at Apple or in U2's camp stopped to think it may not be a good idea to deposit the album in everyone's iTunes account. It just made the new album seem like the digital/musical equivalent of junk mail. Make it available for free purchase, fine. But "gifting" it to everyone, dumb. Now Apple and U2 have egg on their faces as an app had to be created for people who want to remove the album from their account. Another embarrassing issue: a lot of iphone users under 30 asked "What's U2?" when they discover the album on their phones.

1984 orwell

Sick idea. I don't even listen to their music.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Sick idea. I don't even listen to their music.
    Me neither. But BIG BROTHER put it on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    If you have an I-Phone, check your library. Apple gave us all the new U2 album for free. Why ??

I wonder if they are going to count this as sales for the charts.

If they are going to put free music on my phone, why not give me some classic seventies soul, some good jazz or beloved classic Motown?
    I like that Apple and U2 gave me a free new album. I'm not a fan of the band, but I like this album, and I like their 90s output.

I don't know about phone users, but the album was placed in your cloud, and, depending on how you have your iTunes configured, you can manually download the album yourself, or it can automatically do it. I suspect a lot of people have their iTunes set to automatically download songs from their cloud. Then, there are people who don't even want it in their cloud.

What I don't get is the vile hostility towards this. If you don't want the album, either just don't download it, or delete it from the cloud. After all, if it's just in your cloud, it's not on your device. It's still on their server.

I understand there are people who don't like U2, or Bono, but, jeez! People have options!

Again, I welcomed the freebie, and like the album.

I just discovered this morning that the album isn't really on my phone when I pushed one of the songs and it downloaded onto my phone. Yeah! People have options, and this really isn't a big deal, but didn't they force this option on us.

I saw a comedy skit about this. It showed a pizza man delivering free pizza to someone. The delivery guy opened the box and the recipient took a slice of free pizza.

Then they showed the skit again doing what Apple would do if they were delivering the pizza. The delivery guy delivered free pizza. He opened the box and it was empty. The recipient said, "Where is the Pizza ?" The delivery guy said, "Oh , it's in your mouth already. We delivered it straight to you. We even chewed it for you".

I hoped the guy liked the pizza that was forced down his throat.

Gotta go. Have to gargle the U2 that was forced down my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post

Then they showed the skit again doing what Apple would do if they were delivering the pizza. The delivery guy delivered free pizza. He opened the box and it was empty. The recipient said, "Where is the Pizza ?" The delivery guy said, "Oh , it's in your mouth already. We delivered it straight to you. We even chewed it for you".

I hoped the guy liked the pizza that was forced down his throat.

Gotta go. Have to gargle the U2 that was forced down my throat.
    Apple didn't force you to listen to it, did they? It didn't start playing as soon as you opened the app, did it? And, what would have been the harm of trying something new and different? At least I listened to it before making a judgement on if I liked the album or not.
    Isn't trying out new music what being a music lover is all about?

For those who do not want it in their library, it can be removed with one click by going to this link

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/0...m-your-iphone/