[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson Dreaming Up Third Autobiographical Book

The Hollywood Exclusive: Mary Wilson Dreaming Up Third Autobiographical Book

Mary Wilson, whose autobiographical books "Dreamgirl: My Life as a Supreme" and "Supreme Faith: Someday We'll Be Together" were both hits, is now dreaming up a third.

"I would like to do one more book, based on my layman's philosophies of life," says the sexagenarian songstress. She tells us she would like to focus on the questions, "What do you do after the dream has ended?" and "How can you find a road to contentment and be happy again?"

She had to find her own answers several times in a life filled with triumph and tragedy: "after the Supremes ended, after losing my son," she notes. She lost her teenage son, Raphael, in a 1994 automobile accident that also left her with serious injuries.

"The journey has been enlightening. I'd want to be sure to put it out there correctly," she says.

Wilson has been too busy to think much about writing in recent months. With her latest solo album on the way, she has been performing her jazz show in cabarets on both coasts and in between. She also has eight grandchildren to think about -- three of whom live with her in Las Vegas. On top of that, there is "one of my biggest projects -- my Supreme Gown exhibit, which was out on a two-year tour of six different museums throughout England, including London's Victoria and Albert Museum. Then it was at the Experience Music Project in Seattle for three months, ending in September. There are 50-some gowns, 'The Ed Sullivan Show' gowns and all that. I'm hoping to be able to tour the United States."

I'm so happy for Mary, I can't wait to hear the new cd. Procuced bY HOLLAND DOZIER HOLLAND.
    Please stay positive

Mary did her photo shoot this week for the cover.

topdiva1 Guest
    Another book - enough said already.

jonc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Mary did her photo shoot this week for the cover.
    The cover of what? The CD that's been coming out for the past eight years or new autobiography she's "dreaming" up?

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    The cover of what? The CD that's been coming out for the past eight years or new autobiography she's "dreaming" up?
    Humph. I know that's right.

All Motown artists [[other than Lil Wayne) need to accept their heyday is over; they say what is necessary to cope. The biggest of the Motown stars still issue the odd CD; none sell or chart all that well; the lesser Motown stars, like Mary, struggle to get appearances, issue CDS, and generate some of the old glory.

They have a storied history. But new CDS, new books, especially "inspirational" types, won't sell. Diana couldn't really make this fly very far in her heyday.

This is a "thought", a "dream" and it will never get published or get written. Even Bankhouse Dave won't do this one.

Isn't this new Ross book being printed by BankHouse books? Surely if BankHouseDave will take a nobody and print their love letter to Diana, he'll publish a book by a former Supreme.

Just keepin' it real.

Not sure who published the new book, but you are right, as usual, Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Not sure who published the new book, but you are right, as usual, Mary!
    BUT Bankhouse Dave does not pay the big advance money, promise big sales, book signing tours or guarantee bookings on talk shows [[no offense Dave) that Ms. Wilson is probably really seeking. This time, I agree with TopDiva: "It's been said before, enough already." She seems in desperate need of attention, and maybe money.
    But I can understand it. There are not too many rock & pop stars from Ms. Wilson's generation who are still relevant today. Cher is about the only one still hanging on and she has to do a movie about burlesque with girls young enough to be her grand-daughters to get media attention and most of that is about what she's [[Cher) done to her face.
    It's got to be hard for many former Motowners to realize their relevance and significance to the music business today is quickly fading. Most of them can't retire because they have money issues and wouldn't know what to do with the idle time. They don't know how to be just regular people.
    It's kind of sad.
    But I think Ms. Wilson blew her chance at a really comfortable retirement or an easier third act in her life. Now she's gotta compete for media attention with Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-12-2010 at 11:53 PM.

<YAWN> I don't think we need a new book, we need MUSIC !!!!! bring on the tunes.

Excellent post Kamasu. That is how I see the world of the ex Motowner. It hasn't only to do with Ms. Wilson but so many of the people affiliated with Motown. I assume there was no pension plan at that company. I don't want to hear of any more major stars, minor stars, trash book writers, clingers or honorable people whose family needs money from Berry Gordy or Diana Ross to lay them to rest.

Marys been around enough and has got enough stories to easily fill a third book,I fr one hope this is true and would be the first in line to get a copy...

nomis, I agree with you. Mary has a lot more to tell regarding her ups and downs and how she is able to continue in spite of the nay sayers.

Mary has enough in her diaries to write 3-4 more HOT books..........hehehehehehe..!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    nomis, I agree with you. Mary has a lot more to tell regarding her ups and downs and how she is able to continue in spite of the nay sayers.

She can write all of the books she wants to.
    But the iinitial story said she wants to share how she dealt with triumph and tragedy mainly: the end of her Supreme dream & the loss of her son. We've read about that already.
    Personally, I think it's tasteless, tacky & vulgar for celebrities to exploit the death of a son or a relative for profit. We've seen a lot of that lately with Katherine Jackson, Natalie Cole and Marie Osmond all going on national TV within days of each other, hawking CDs and books that let others know how they're dealing with tragedy & grief for a price. Everybody grieves and experiences loss at some point, but celebs are being paid to exploit their own troubles & pain. It's obscene. Keep some things private. If they really want to help others, donate some time or money to average families coping with loss....don't write a damned book or release a CD that people must buy to read or hear whatever words of wisdom you have about dealing with the ups downs of life.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-12-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    She can write all of the books she wants to.
    But the iinitial story said she wants to share how she dealt with triumph and tragedy mainly: the end of her Supreme dream & the loss of her son. We've read about that already.
    Personally, I think it's tasteless, tacky & vulgar for celebrities to exploit the death of a son or a relative for profit. We've seen a lot of that lately with Katherine Jackson, Natalie Cole and Marie Osmond all going on national TV within days of each other, hawking CDs and books that let others know how they're dealing with tragedy & grief for a price. Everybody grieves and experiences loss at some point, but celebs are being paid to exploit their own troubles & pain. It's obscene. Keep some things private. If they really want to help others, donate some time or money to average families coping with loss....don't write a damned book or release a CD that people must buy to read or hear whatever words of wisdom you have about dealing with the ups downs of life.
    i'll have you know that Marie Osmond's CD is 100 percent going to charity. And she has said this one interview is the ONLY ONE she's doing. that ain't exploiting shit. and sharing the warning signs of a young person ready to take his own life can help others quite a bit.

There's no stopping MARY WILSON, Like it, Or not, I LOVE IT.
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    There's no stopping MARY WILSON, Like it, Or not, I LOVE IT.
    Please stay positive
    Every cent of Marie Osmond's CD goes to charity.
    Yeah right!

Through her tears during her one-time only chat with OPRAH about her son's suicide - Marie also mentioned that she and brother Donny are booked on Broadway for 21 shows this holiday season. Donny & Marie in one of the most competitive entertainment markets in the country.
    They have to sell a lot of tickets to save face on Broadway and what's better than to have Oprah help them.
    So not only can Marie's fans buy her CD, but they can also shell out more mpney to see her perform holiday tunes and marvel at how strong she is.
    I'm not suggesting Marie Osmond doesn't feel the loss of her son, but you have to look at the other tquestionable things she's doing to keep on making millions while she grieves.

I can't help but to be cynical.

How much of the ticket sales are going to charity?
    I bet those ticket profits will offset the losses Marie Osmond will have after her CD profits go to charity.
    And all of that Broadway money will surely soften the blow of Donny & Marie recently settling a multi-million dollar lawsuit with a Vegas producer, who they allegedly tried to cheat out of recouping his production & service fees.

And Marie wants to share her wisdom on how parents can tell if their child is suicidal. Aren't there trained professionals and books written by degreed experts that already do this?

Give me a damned break and let's get back to Mary Wilson exploiting her tragedies and pain for profit.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-13-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Kamasu, you said it. Now she's living in her Vegas home with Jed,Granny,Jethro & Ellie Mae playing in her cement pond.

Every cent of Marie Osmond's CD goes to charity.
    Yeah right!

Through her tears during her one-time only chat with OPRAH about her son's suicide - Marie also mentioned that she and brother Donny are booked on Broadway for 21 shows this holiday season. Donny & Marie in one of the most competitive entertainment markets in the country.
    They have to sell a lot of tickets to save face on Broadway and what's better than to have Oprah help them.
    So not only can Marie's fans buy her CD, but they can also shell out more mpney to see her perform holiday tunes and marvel at how strong she is.

Oh sure, there's no exploitation there.

How much of the ticket sales are going to charity?
    I bet those ticket profits will offset the losses Marie Osmond will have after her CD profits go to charity.
    And all of that Broadway money will surely soften the blow of Donny & Marie recently settling a multi-million dollar lawsuit with a Vegas producer, who they allegedly tried to cheat out of recouping his production & service fees.

And Marie wants to share her wisdom on how parents can tell if their child is suicidal. Aren't there trained professionals and books written by degreed experts that already do this?

Give me a damned break and let's get back to Mary Wilson exploiting her tragedies and pain for profit.
    You are wrong and way off the mark. In regards to Marie Osmond, if you think this woman was not hurt by the death of her child, then you are heartless and do not understand the enormity of such a loss. That "Vegas Producer" you are championing is Chip Lightman and he is a.... , well do make me even go there.......

Mary Wilson sharing her experiences is a wonderful thing in my opinion. You can keep your opinion because if she makes millions from her work, you'll never see any of it.

I wonder if you can tell us what George W. Bush is exploiting with his new book? Skip it, I believe I already know!
    Last edited by marv2; 11-13-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Well if thats what Mary wants to do more power to her but, I won't be buying this one. Now, if she ever wants to release the long awaited CD from Brian and Eddie Holland [[I don't think Lamont had anything to do with this project) then I may invest in it. Its all about the music now, I don't care who did who, who cheated who and how I got over. Heck, we probably could all write a book like that.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Well if thats what Mary wants to do more power to her but, I won't be buying this one. Now, if she ever wants to release the long awaited CD from Brian and Eddie Holland [[I don't think Lamont had anything to do with this project) then I may invest in it. Its all about the music now, I don't care who did who, who cheated who and how I got over. Heck, we probably could all write a book like that.
    Its funny to hear you say that you would not buy her book, but you might buy her CD. Did you know that the songs on her upcoming CD come from her diaries? The SAME diaries that she uses to write her books! Eddie Holland has seen them [[Mary Wilson's diaries) and said that Mary has enough material to write several more books! LOL! I guess no CD for you huh? hehehehehe.......

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Its funny to hear you say that you would not buy her book, but you might buy her CD. Did you know that the songs on her upcoming CD come from her diaries? The SAME diaries that she uses to write her books! Eddie Holland has seen them [[Mary Wilson's diaries) and said that Mary has enough material to write several more books! LOL! I guess no CD for you huh? hehehehehe.......
    Marv
    Why can't Mary just do it and shut up talking about it !!!

Marv
    Why can't Mary just do it and shut up talking about it !!!
    I gather you have very little to no business experience. How would people know about it, let alone purchase it if it is not promoted or marketed? Ever heard or understand the term "test-marketing"? How about "pre-publicity"?

Yep and I have been hearing about this CD for years now among other things that have been promised to come. Put up or shut up is what I say. Now have a nice day.
    Last edited by captainjames; 11-13-2010 at 03:07 PM.

Yep and I have been hearing about this CD for years now among other things that have been promised to come. Put up or shut up is what I say. Now have a nice day.
    We've waited longer for product from Stevie Wonder and others. This is not something uncommon.

I have to get the car wash. You have a great day too!

You are wrong and way off the mark. In regards to Marie Osmond, if you think this woman was not hurt by the death of her child, then you are heartless and do not understand the enormity of such a loss. That "Vegas Producer" you are championing is Chip Lightman and he is a.... , well do make me even go there.......

Mary Wilson sharing her experiences is a wonderful thing in my opinion. You can keep your opinion because if she makes millions from her work, you'll never see any of it.

I wonder if you can tell us what George W. Bush is exploiting with his new book? Skip it, I believe I already know!

If ever there were truth told in this thread, Kamasu did it. Celebrities getting paid to exploit their pain & tragedy. It's a by-product of our celebrity onsessed culture. Celebrities don't have special powers or know anymore than anyone else.
    Donating profits from CD sales [[ who buys Marie Osmond CDs anyway?) while still earning millions from something else is one of the oldest cons in the book. It's all smoke & mirrors, folks

I'm sure Marie Osmond did feel some pain over her adopted son's death. But there's nothing like a couple million dollars in your bank account to help cushion tha loss. Just ask anyone who's rich.
    And tell me exactly what did Chip Lightman do to your precious Mary Wilson? Has he kept her from working in Vegas? Funny that she lives there, but rarely works there. Did he manage her at one point?
    I thought his name sounded familar. Anyway, if he helped orchestrate this big comeback Donny & Marie have enjoyed over the last 2 and a half years, he deserves his share of the millions he helped them earn.

By the way genius, George W. Bush is being accused of stealing quotes from other sources for his book. Who knew he could spell, let alone write an entire book? Not surprising for someone who allegedly once bragged about not being very smart, but still being successful and getting elected president.
    Last edited by Motown_M_1056; 11-14-2010 at 04:29 AM.

Marv, you are so lost with your view of Mary Wilson. She is a much beloved Motown figure, beloved by all in a way that you should start to respect Diana Ross, Jean Terrell, Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence and every Supreme.

But pre-publicity and test marketing are history for all but 3 Motown artists and Mary is not one of them. Mary sold approximately 5000 records and CDS in her solo career; what was marketed, she pretty much marketed on her own. Her appearances are small scale; if a CD or a book or any nature comes out, it will be wonderful but very remarkable. She is now an old lady in the entertainment world and while we love her, if she attracts any significant attention in the music world, she will be very lucky. Kids are not into 65 year old women; they are into Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.

As Kamasu wrote, there was once a chance to attract mass attention for Mary Wilson and that was sadly lost. If any of it is rekindled, it would help vastly if deluded and upset fans would be positive instead of the persistent whine a few of them raise. Ms. Wilson says this again and again...........but a few of you don't heed her or take her words to heart.

You can spin any of these things how you'd like but it won't spin them into reality.

Marv, you are so lost with your view of Mary Wilson. She is a much beloved Motown figure, beloved by all in a way that you should start to respect Diana Ross, Jean Terrell, Scherrie Payne and Lynda Laurence and every Supreme.

But pre-publicity and test marketing are history for all but 3 Motown artists and Mary is not one of them. Mary sold approximately 5000 records and CDS in her solo career; what was marketed, she pretty much marketed on her own. Her appearances are small scale; if a CD or a book or any nature comes out, it will be wonderful but very remarkable. She is now an old lady in the entertainment world and while we love her, if she attracts any significant attention in the music world, she will be very lucky. Kids are not into 65 year old women; they are into Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.

As Kamasu wrote, there was once a chance to attract mass attention for Mary Wilson and that was sadly lost. If any of it is rekindled, it would help vastly if deluded and upset fans would be positive instead of the persistent whine a few of them raise. Ms. Wilson says this again and again...........but a few of you don't heed her or take her words to heart.

You can spin any of these things how you'd like but it won't spin them into reality.
    blather, blather, blather, err, err............hehehehehe! Have a nice weekend! LOL!

Rob,
    I hear and I feel you on this one --
    As for me just tell me when its going to be released - Lets get back to the music so bring on the CD if it does exist. As a solo artist Mary has what ? One Motown solo album and two others [[ The Walk The line CD and I am Changing) in 35 years. So, I welcome a new CD !!!! I don't want another book on who you went to bed with, how many joints you smoked or who did you wrong and stole your wig. Its all about the music so sing !!

We've waited longer for product from Stevie Wonder and others. This is not something uncommon.

I have to get the car wash. You have a great day too!
    ''

you got a point, Im STILL waiting for George Michael's "Listen Without Prejudice Volume 2".

Don't you guys get tired of the gossip and personal crap? Anyone care about the actual music?

Soulster...................we got so sick of Baby Love 25 years ago, Stop in the Name of Love 20 years ago and now, songs that don't get played anymore like Floy Joy and Nathan Jones, made the list..................that all there is left is which fan grew the biggest left tit while snorting coke with Mary and plotting to step on Diane's fur...............

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Don't you guys get tired of the gossip and personal crap? Anyone care about the actual music?
    Soulster, i've found that many don't give a crap about the music. I wonder how many people arguing in these threads have all the Supremes albums? I know I do. I look forward ot the CD much more than the book, unless it's that coffee table book. she needs to finish THAT. I REALLY want the unreleased stuff on the upcoming 70's supremes set.

To ask soulster's question, I get tired of it but you notice every time you google the Supremes on the internet when it relates to the group, that's about all you see: gossip, drama, innuendo. After a while stories get more ridiculous. Like I said one of these days you're gonna have a big time Motown fan making a "I hate the group that includes three stubborn women from the Brewster projects" or something to that effect just to throw a temper tantrum. I mean how can you enjoy it and this talk continues to go around like it does?

Rob... there you go wiht that 5,000 number again. where did you get this figure? Becuase it's SO not true. Even Taraborelli's book gives a higer figure than that just for the "Mary Wilson" album. There's still two other albums and 3 singles. Stop artificially shrinking the numbers. And why do you assume that Mary thinks she's gonna have a number one hit? She just want some publicity, some attention, some TV appearances, and she'll get that. Artists of the older generation can have a bit of a resurgence in the adult contemporary world. Oleta Adams did it in the 90's, The Monkees did it in the 80's, and Bettye Lavette has done it today. Don't be so damn cynical. And quit putting Diana Ross in some high echelon of Record sales, she's like everyone else of her generation except Rod Stewart and Elton... she hasn't been in the billbaord top 40 in 25 years. So, there's really TWO Motown artists that will bring big sales today.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 11-14-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Folks, we are not talking about Marie, George, Stevie, Smokey or LaWanda from In Living Color. We were discussing MARY WILSON and right away the storm blew in with comparing her to everyone under the moon. Give me the damn CD or shut up.

Everytime I hear you folks this is what it reminds me of;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR3EdLggUI
    Last edited by captainjames; 11-14-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Folks, we are not talking about Marie, George, Stevie, Smokey or LaWanda from In Living Color. We were discussing MARY WILSON and right away the storm blew in with comparing her to everyone under the moon. Give me the damn CD or shut up.

Everytime I hear you folks this is what it reminds me of;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZR3EdLggUI
    At this point, I don't even want the damned CD or a third book. I feel the same about Diana Ross. I don't care anymore. But that's just me.
    But it's not just Supremes fans who keep shit going. I was on another forum and the fans of Destiny's Child had a bitchfest going that was so familiar. It was all about how Beyonce was the star. How Beyonce works hard and how Kelly Rowland & Michelle were like Mary & Flo, just backup singers for "B." I went to a Rolling Stones forum and the same thing was going on there; how Keith Richards was the real spirit of the Stones and how Mick Jagger was a social climbing bitch. It's people being who they are and everybody doesn't get along.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-14-2010 at 12:45 PM.

At this point, I don't even want the damned CD or a book. But that's just me.
    I can understand that, it sort just pulls the rug out from under you. The anticpation of making the fans wait this long means it better be good and it better be worth the wait. Mary should record what makes her happy althought I would love to hear a couple of blues or Jazz tunes on that CD.

I can understand that, it sort just pulls the rug out from under you. The anticpation of making the fans wait this long means it better be good and it better be worth the wait. Mary should record what makes her happy althought I would love to hear a couple of blues or Jazz tunes on that CD.
    That's why Martha didn't announce "Home to You" until is was actually READY and for sure coming out.

topdiva1 Guest
    Truth is - as it stands today - Mary Wilson's actual MONEY SPENDING fan base is small - in the thousands maybe - but not the much needed millions to turn a profit for a CD or a third book.

The much loved - and often maligned Mary Wilson is indeed a legend - while a third book is welcomed by some - the profitability of such a product and or a CD is cute - but small.

Still it would be interesting and maybe helpful to hear her personal words, thoughts, and inspirational insights - as knowledge from personal experiences and misfortune tend to be the most powerful when shared.

May she be blessed.