[REMOVE ADS]

Van McCoy what a great writer!The Ad Libs - Giving Up

I liked his sound also with Brenda and The Tabulations and many more, like Erma Franklin

Last edited by soulballad; 09-05-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Although I like the version of "Giving Up" by THE AD-LIBS I think I prefer the version by GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS in 1964 ....

Roger

This one from THE AD-LIBS created a lot of interest in Britain in the'70s ....

Roger

Van McCoy was indeed such a fabulous writer and producer that I forgave him for ushering
    in the trend of disco which I used to view as the genre I could do without. Nowadays that
    honor belongs to hip-hop.Anywayyyyy, I loved the Ad Libs too but for me the Brenda and
    the Tabulations stuff was the sh*t, for real! And One Girl Too Late is a gem and a half I
    just remembered I don't have in any format. It wasn't on the comp cds released a few years
    back...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Van McCoy was indeed such a fabulous writer and producer that I forgave him for ushering
    in the trend of disco which I used to view as the genre I could do without. Nowadays that
    honor belongs to hip-hop.Anywayyyyy, I loved the Ad Libs too but for me the Brenda and
    the Tabulations stuff was the sh*t, for real! And One Girl Too Late is a gem and a half I
    just remembered I don't have in any format. It wasn't on the comp cds released a few years
    back...
    Splanky .. "One Girl Too Late" was included on a fantastic various artists compilation called "The Wants List" issued by Soul Brother Records in 2003 ... seems there are still a few copies around ...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wants-List...the+wants+list

Roger

Splanky - One Girl Too Late is also available on this CD -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=1-1-catcorr

Oldies

I have said this before but I'm not tired to repeat it: if Van McCoy have only write "Break Down And Let It All Out", he deserved a place in the book of GREATEST WRITERS of all times. What a song so well constructed. I likes the cover by The O'Jays and much after I discovered the one by Nina Simone... symphonic mellow soul at its best!