[REMOVE ADS]

Cool NEW MOTOWN CD RELEASE - John Morales Pressentsl CLUB MOTOWN

New from Universal Motown this past week or two [[mid-August) is a 2-disc CD set titled "John Morales Presents Club Motown". It contains rare and previously-unreleased Remixes of Motown Dance Club Classics straight from the Motor City. There are a total of 20 tracks, including 5 which are previously unreleased remixes. I got my copy through Amazon. The sound quality is excellent and the tracks are HOT! Here's the track listing:

CD 1:
    1. Dennis Edwards & Siedah Garrett - Don't Look Any Further
    2. Michael Lovesmith - Ain't Nothing Like It [[Extended M+M Mix)
    3. Mary Jane Girls - In My House
    4. The Temptations & Rick James - Standing On The Top
    5. Lionel Richie - All Night Long

6. Vanity - Under The Influence [[M+M Mid-Day Mix)
    7. The Commodores - Night Shift [[M+M Club Mix)
    8. Debarge - Rhythm Of The Night [[Long M+M Version)
    9. Phyllis St. James - Candlelight Afternoon
    10. Bobby Nunn - Don’t Knock It [[Until You Try It)
    11. Jermaine Jackson - Let’s Get Serious [[Extended Version)

CD2:
    1. The Temptations - Treat Her Like A Lady [[M+M Club Mix)
    2. Rockwell - Somebody’s Watching Me
    3. Rick James - Super Freak [[12" Mix)
    4. Stacy Lattisaw - Jump Into My Life [[Dance Mix)

Previously-Unreleased John Morales M+M Club Mixes):
    5. Teena Marie - I Need Your Loving
    6. Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely
    7. Diana Ross - The Boss
    8. Thelma Houston - Saturday Night, Sunday Morning
    9. Tata Vega - Get It Up For Love

Thank you but no!

For Roger Polhill - Your welcome Roger, but why? [[Just curious)

Gary, I love Classic Motown featuring the Funk Brothers and I`m afraid these songs don`t have any interest for me.

Thanks, Roger. I can respect that. In order to appreciate this particular 2-CD Motown set, you would have to like 70's Motown AND Disco [[which I do); although, like you, if I absolutely HAD to choose, I would always choose classic '60s Motown. - Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Gary, I love Classic Motown featuring the Funk Brothers and I`m afraid these songs don`t have any interest for me.
    Then don't post; my apologies for posting this all the same; as Motown [[the sound, own music genre) was / is legendary, that helped the foundations of Diana / Marvin / Stevie / Smokey / Temptations / dozens, perhaps even a hundred or two, others into public music consciousness, but Motown [[the company, which once again has succeeded in still making new records today), far continued after 1972, including the set mixing it up on the "Disco" and "Funk" years.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    Thanks, Roger. I can respect that. In order to appreciate this particular 2-CD Motown set, you would have to like 70's Motown AND Disco [[which I do); although, like you, if I absolutely HAD to choose, I would always choose classic '60s Motown. - Gary
    Honestly, my fluctuations in "Motown Mood" changes on whims all the time; the Supremes' Diana / Mary / Flo years, or Mary / Scherrie / Susaye years? The Temptations' David / Eddie / Paul / Melvin / Otis years, or Ali-Ollie / Ron / Richard / Melvin / Otis years? One of my favorite Motown singers will always remain Martha Reeves, and shaven Marvin Gaye is far more cooler and enjoyed than bearded, experimental Marvin Gaye, but every in-between, got those "Rick James" moods, or "Mary Jane Girls" moods, "Teena Marie" moods, or "Johnny Gill" moods.

I should point out that all of the tracks on the above-mentioned "John Morales Presents Club Motown" are true to the original musical arrangements. They are NOT in any way similar to the hip-hop remixes that Motown released a few years ago in which many of the Motown classics were nearly unrecognizable.

But honestly, I kinda feel, if John Morales ever did DJ something else on Rick James, that that should had been on collection instead; it feels like all but the diehard of listeners / fans knows him solely for "Super Freak", and if that is the sole Rick James-affiliated disc they'll ever get, that won't be helping!

OK; I see "Standing On the Top" also, which was more of "featuring guest Rick James", but, has John Morales ever done "Dance Wit Me" or "69 Times"?

Same goes for DeBarge's "Rhythm of the Night"; single greatest hit to represent them is "safe" and all, but "safe" and "same old". Has Mr. Morales ever done "Stop! Don't Tease Me" or "You Wear It Well"?
    Last edited by Ngroove; 09-02-2014 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Geez, it's not as if you have to throw away your classic records if you buy this one. There was plenty of great music made after the "golden age," it's pointless to pit them against each other.

I really liked his You and I mix that was on the new Rick James set so I will definitely check these out. Hope to see this pop up on Spotify soon.