An interesting album in the evolution of Labelle. Available again... at a decent price.
Please note

This image is a general representation of the album cover, but the actual product may differ slightly in terms of color shading, logo placement, borders, or other small details. If the item offered is a used, second-hand item, please note that there may be some cosmetic differences as well.

Pressure Cookin'

CD [[Item 710776) RCA/Soulmusic.com [[UK), 1973 — Condition: New Copy

$13.99 ... CD

Labelle — Pressure Cookin' ... CD 12.99

An early classic from LaBelle – wonderful vocals mixed with both heavy funk and laidback spacey soul touches! The group had really hit their stride by this point – as the trio of Nona Hendryx/Sarah Dash/Patti Labelle push way past their girl group roots – and even some of the slightly less-formed modes of their Warner Brothers years – finding a really badass sort of territory that would serve them well for the rest of the 70s! The shift really pays off – as there's a number of good funky numbers on the album – and some righteous political lyricism in the mix, too – but also some mellower moments that really round things out nicely. The trio riff on a version of "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised", as led into by the cut "Something In The Air" – and other numbers include "Sunshine [[Woke Me Up This Morning)", "Mr. Music Man", "Goin' On a Holiday", "Open Up Your Heart", "Let Me See You In The Light", and "Can I