[REMOVE ADS]

wonder_woman Guest

Groups You Would Love to See In Concert

For me it has to be

BLOODSTONE

Stone City Band.

Dunno if this will be fair on topic, but have them done "Funk Brothers Concert" style, complete with all-star funk / r&b / people who can be FUNKY guest set list, to tribute Rick James / Teena Marie.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 08-25-2014 at 04:03 PM.

A few...

1. The Rolling Stones
    2. Eric Clapton, [[if he decides not to retire)
    3. My guys anytime - Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five
    4. Hall & Oates
    5. The O'Jays
    6. Rod Stewart & Santana [[touring together this summer)
    7. Bruno Mars

~~Mary~~

The Originals

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    The Originals
    I saw them in Manchester UK - must be well over over 10 years ago - and they were wonderful. I still remember that concert, like it was yesterday.

I'd kind of refrain from any groups 70s - 60s - before. Yes, their sound is immortalized on CD / vinyl / casette / 8-Track / ect, many of them even as late as the 80s, but today's today. Prominent members of many, including the abovementioned Originals, has passed, as well as many groups, the Dells might be killer, but is of no exception. The Four Tops, only premier member left, Duke Fakir.

And even for those who are still around, other than the Temptations, and possibly Little Anthony and the Imperials, last I heard of Anthony, voice did not change one bit after 50+ years, basically just watching 70-80-ish over past their prime people singing and dancing rustily. Sorry, even whenever I hear "The Marvelettes" or "The Drifters" are in town these days, it's true.

Bibi Tanga and the Selenites
    Pat Metheny Group
    Tia Fuller Quartet....

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    I'd kind of refrain from any groups 70s - 60s - before. Yes, their sound is immortalized on CD / vinyl / casette / 8-Track / ect, many of them even as late as the 80s, but today's today. Prominent members of many, including the abovementioned Originals, has passed, as well as many groups, the Dells might be killer, but is of no exception. The Four Tops, only premier member left, Duke Fakir.

And even for those who are still around, other than the Temptations, and possibly Little Anthony and the Imperials, last I heard of Anthony, voice did not change one bit after 50+ years, basically just watching 70-80-ish over past their prime people singing and dancing rustily. Sorry, even whenever I hear "The Marvelettes" or "The Drifters" are in town these days, it's true.
    This can't be said for The Rolling Stones - all in their 70's now. They are on tour currently and Mick Jagger & Co. get out on the stage for two and a half hours and rock. Jagger still moves constantly on stage, and frankly, puts much younger performers to shame.

It's true many of the classic artists cannot move the way they used to, but some still have their voices. My Eugene Pitt is a great example. He still sings in the same key he did 50 years ago. Eugene and the Jive Five steal every show they're in. Little Anthony, as you mentioned, still has his voice too. People still want to see these artists.

I would much rather see groups like Eugene Pitt & The Jive Five, The Stones, Little Anthony & The Imperials, Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners than the Temps or the Tops. I wouldn't mind seeing Dennis Edwards Temptations Revue, but the current Temps with Otis, no desire. The Tops will never be what they once were. You cannot replace certain lead singers, and Levi Stubbs is one of them.

Just one woman's opinion.

~~Mary~~

Ehhh, all the same, "Fantasy Concert" in a place where all time is irrelevant, plucked and picked from favorable eras:

Fantasy Motown Revue:

Temptations - David, Eddie, Paul, Melvin, Otis - the 60s
    Four Tops - Levi, Duke, Obie, Lawrence - the 60s
    Marvin Gaye - clean, shaven, the 60s
    Martha Reeves - the 60s
    Junior Walker - the 80s
    Supremes - Mary, Scherrie, Susaye - the 70s
    Diana Ross - the 80s
    Smokey Robinson - the 80s
    Rick James - the 80s
    Teena Marie - the 80s
    Mary Jane Girls - the 80s
    Johnny Gill - the 90s

Ruby and the romantics...the drifters...al green[the 70's]...the emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder_woman View Post
    For me it has to be

BLOODSTONE
    I guess if you're talking about dream concerts as in groups in their prime, I'll go with:

Temptations - Classic five line-up.
    Spinners -- Classic four line-up plus Wynne. I saw classic four with G.C. Cameron filling in for Edwards, it was awesome!
    EWF -- 70's lineup with White, Bailey, etc.
    Four Tops -- Original lineup
    Supremes -- Ross, Ballard, Wilson
    Harold Melvin and Blue Notes -- 70's lineup w/Teddy
    O'Jays -- Seen them a few times of late, awesome show. Would like to see a show when from their 70's era.
    Slave -- Lineup with Arrington.
    Ohio Players -- 70's era lineup, Satch, Sugarfoot, etc.
    Tyrone Davis
    Chi-Lites -- Original line-up
    Jacksons -- With MJ, of course.
    Sylvers -- 70's lineup
    Tower of Power - With Lenny Williams, of course.

... I could go on, but I won't, you get the idea.

wonder_woman Guest
    Tower Of Power

In London next month, not to be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by wonder_woman View Post
    For me it has to be

BLOODSTONE
    I saw them in London in the 70s on the same bill as Al Green. They almost stole the show.

First of all it would have to be a decent size venue. None of those arena sized jumbo-tron concerts. I saw STEVIE at CARNAGIE HALL [[INNER VISIONS). I remember that concert to this day. I saw MANDRILL at BB KINGS last year and it was ...spiritual.
    BLOODSTONE would be one for me , The O'JAYS ,KOOL and THE GANG ,MAZE ,THE TIME ,THE EMOTIONS , LaBELLE, MINT CONDITION, The original WAR and the original CAMEO.

In their prime

Rufus & Chaka Khan
    The Rolling Stones
    Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes [[featuring Teddy Pendergrass)
    Parliament/Funkadelic
    Sister Sledge
    Dynamic Superiors
    LaBelle
    DeBarge
    The Barkays
    Cameo [[Shake Your Pants era)
    The Edwin Hawkins Singers
    CHIC
    Sylvester & Two Tons of Fun
    Rick James & The Stone City Band
    The Emotions