[REMOVE ADS]

Anyone remember the epsilons with former mcfadden & whitehead members

I don't either but just heard of them today Name:  mcfadwhithd.jpg
Views: 2126
Size:  71.1 KB

Yep, The Echo was great...very interesting that Lloyd Parks was the third member of The Epsilons along with Whitehead and McFadden...and went on to be the falsetto with Harold Melvin and The Blue Notes...... The Epsilons were the backing vocalists on Sweet Soul Music by Arthur Conley............. and if you like The Epsilons, here is another in the exact same mould featuring Lloyd Parks.... The Emanons

Lloyd Parks is still,performing to this day with his own very good Bluenotes, he is the only surviving Bluenote.....

Here's a vid featuring his falsetto opening to I miss You.. Make concessions for the sound quality, the group is excellent!!!!

Smile

In the grey scale picture of the video, Lloyd Parks is the third from the left, but in the grey scale pick from bellow, the first from the left I don't know who are [[but is not Lloyd Parks). Is the same picture that appears on the book "The Sound Of Philadelphia" by Tony Cummings.

The Epsilons, apart from the background vocals for Arthur Conley made live appearances on stage, backing Otis Redding.

Another good vocal group where we can heard Lloyd Parks is on Broadway Express where he plays after leaving The Blue Notes.

I think there's another "original" Blue Note alive, Jerry Cummings who replaced Lloyd Parks from the "To Be True" album on. One day, I found a blog by him and he is a preacher [[!).

We can also consider Billy Paul an "original Blue Note" alive? He also was a member before the PIR years...

OMG!! I have missed Mrs. SHARON PAIGE, if she is not an original Blue Note alive [[and with what a voice!)...
    Last edited by manny; 08-18-2014 at 07:03 PM.

That's what I love about the forum. Thanx fellas for sharing the musical knowledge. Cool music here

Hi again, Glencro

In fact, the picture of the trio McFadden, Whitehead and [[for me) the unknown third member is from the time they changed their name from The Epsilons to Talk Of The Town, recording firsty in the North Bay label and after in TSOP [[both subsidiaries of PIR), where they recorded some gems as "Bumpin' Boogie" and "If We Got The Will". As many other artists in the PIR roster I always thinks they were, sadly, in a second or third plain, "they were too much good as songwriters for waste their time as performers" [[!!!) as if that were not two things absolutely compatible as was demonstrated when they smashed with "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now"!

The same can be said with the falsetto voice of Bill Powell, the fact that's no one album by Sharon paige [[!!), the margination of Harold Melvin fantastic voice in the 90% of HM & TBN stuff,... artists with potential and who can be made something extraordinary apart from their only one albums or singles as Ruth McFadden, Elliot Hoffman, Anthony White,...

The third person in the pic is James 'Sugarman' Knight who worked very closely with McFadden and Whitehead including in Talk Of The Town

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 08-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Jerry Cummings is still alive and has his own Blue Notes group, in addition to being a preacher. I have his Blue Notes act as a friend on Facebook, in addition to his own page, where he bills himself as Pastor Jeremiah Cummings.

Best,

Mark

David Ebo, sadly, passed away very untimely. Another Blue Note who, I think, can have been a Soul Singer Number One... When I heard his "Rather be By Myself" with those shouting and dramatic verses at the end... wow, pure soul [[in addition in the mid 80's!)

Now here's an amazing find.... I've never seen it before....... always loved this track, but what a great video.... great stagecraft as well.
    Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 05-08-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Lloyd Parks is still,performing to this day with his own very good Bluenotes, he is the only surviving Bluenote.....

Here's a vid featuring his falsetto opening to I miss You.. Make concessions for the sound quality, the group is excellent!!!!
    The tribute group, "Harold Melvin's Bluenotes" just performed on Tom Joyners Cruise. Several clips of their performance from over a week ago are on Youtube. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Now here's an amazing find.... I've never seen it before....... always loved this track, but what a great video.... great stagecraft as well.
    These clips are great Mike. Yes that is Gene McFadden and John Whitehead. I recognize others in that group but from other groups. I have to think now.

Most of the "Philly Groups" choreographed themselves in those days.

Hey marv,there was the epsilons outta d.c.[cardoza high]who had a hit with[mad at the world-1965]i don't know the other group.