[REMOVE ADS]

Q&a with cast members of "get on up"

Hello my soul brothers and sisters! Below is a link to press coverage I recently did with cast members of the upcoming biopic "Get On Up: The James Brown Story." I attended the premiere at the Apollo Monday night and saw it at a press screening last week and I have to say this is an excellent film. Chadwick Boseman, who was brilliant as Jackie Robinson in "42," gave an even more brilliant performance as James Brown. It is a must see!

http://soultrain.com/2014/07/23/qa-cast-get/

wow, that's GREAT to hear,funkyone71, as I was concerned it would be "corny",now I'm excited to see it.

I enjoyed the interview.Was Bobby Byrds wife & Revue singer Vicki Anderson there at the viewing or portrayed in the movie?

Hi Motony! I am not sure if Bobby Byrd's wife or Vicki Anderson were at the viewing. There were so many people at the Apollo and at the after party as you can imagine. However, they are depicted in the movie. I'm pretty sure they were in attendance at the screening.

Trust me, the movie is not corny. Chadwick Boseman does a dynamite portrayal of James Brown!

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    I enjoyed the interview.Was Bobby Byrds wife & Revue singer Vicki Anderson there at the viewing or portrayed in the movie?
    There's a photo included here of Vicki at the premiere.

http://www.atlnightspots.com/jill-sc...-get-premiere/

thanks, reese, OMG Vicki looks gorgeous!!

I was concerned that the guy playing Brown wouldn't be able to pull it off. It's one thing to play a baseball player but a guy like JB is quite another feat. The latter previews looked a lot better than the first as they usually do. I hope this goes the same way that "Ray" did.

Trust me Mr_June, I saw the film twice and Chadwick Boseman definitely embodies the spirit of Mr. Brown with his voice, mannerisms, his walk and dancing. He truly pulled it off!

Thanks for sharing the photos! Vicki Anderson looks absolutely fabulous. For those who may not know, Vicki was married to Bobby Byrd from the early 70s until he passed a few years back. She is a lovely person!