[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

Wishing on a Star--Rate the versions from best to worst

Paul Weller?

Rose Royce?

The Cover Girls?

Or Beyonce?

pshark Guest
    Gotta go with the original vers by Rose Royce.
    Then Cover Girls [[This is actually pretty good)
    Paul Weller [[just alright)
    Beyonce [[zzzz)
    This is the vid that you should've uploaded
    Last edited by pshark; 11-04-2010 at 10:53 PM.

1 Rose Royce
    2 Beyonce
    3 Cover Girls
    4 Paul Weller

Rose Royce is all you need!

Best,

Mark

Great topic on one of my favorite songs. I really like the Rose Royce version and the Cover Girls do a nice job, too. I'll listen to the others later as I haven't heard them. Rose Royce's version is a mind blower!

Rose Royce is the only one that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Rose Royce is the only one that counts.
    Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing!

smark21 Guest
    To me, it's too close to call between Rose Royce, The Cover Girls and Paul Weller--all outstanding versions. Chart wise, The Cover Girls came out on top. Beyonce's version is alright, but too much effort is placed into the all facets of the production which renders it rather lifeless.

Rose Royce the best ....period.
    Why???? I.M.H.O. , cause of the fact that the bands and Normans heart and soul is reflected in that monster ,and if anyone was bad enough to eclipse that feeling, after its original release ,they sure as hell deserve acknowledgement of it. But...that didn't happen yet. Maybe I'm predjudiced because I expierienced it in the time period that it came out ,and truthfully ,I can't shake that feeling it gave me then ,considering what was going on then and the events that happened prior to its creation. Anyting else has been at maximum ,a respectful ,remake.
    It represents to me ,Normans expansion beyond the Temps and The Undisputed Truth's ,Motown material. The Whifield formula had at that time been perfected to his next level.
    Last edited by daddyacey; 11-06-2010 at 01:02 AM.

What daddyaccey said! Two times! Dang, I remember that time and that song still gets under my skin. And thanks Pshark
    for finding that video. Rose Royce for me hands and feet down. The Cover Girls at least keep the melody intact but if you
    own the orginal why bother with theirs? Beyonce could have left that song alone and as for Paul Weller: please....