[REMOVE ADS]

Does anyone know Willie Davis?

Back in the mid 1990's, I was visiting Detroit and went to see the United Sound Systems studio on 2nd Boulevard. When I attempted to enter the building, I met Willie Davis who personally gave me at least an hour tour of the facility. He gave me one of his business cards which identified him as Vice President, United Sound Systems, Inc.

I am wondering if he is a brother of recently departed Don Davis. Mr. Davis's obituary does not mention any deceased or living brothers, only a wife and 3 children. I do not believe that Willie would be one of his children, but I might be wrong as I have not seen their names.

Can anyone tell me if they know Willie Davis and what if any relationship he had to Don Davis?

Thank you.

thomas96 Guest
    I would guess they aren't related. Davis is a fairly common last name.

He could conceivably be his cousin.

Bettye said he was Don's brother.

I remember watching a video tribute to Don and his brother Will and tracked it down again.

Don Davis,Pres of 1st Independence Bank,Founder of Groovesville Records and Publishing,Motown Records session guitarist,co/founder of legendary Thelma Records ,Revilot Records, Solid Hit Records,and brother Will Davis,Executive VP and co-founder of Groovesville Pub,receive historic recognition at an awards ceremony ,presented at The Detroit West Club in Nov of 1995.

Shame people in the audience did not have the common courtesy to be stop talking and just listen..... check out the names of the artists in attendance name- checked by Don!!!!!!!

Last edited by MIKEW-UK; 06-11-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    I remember watching a video tribute to Don and his brother Will and tracked it down again.

Don Davis,Pres of 1st Independence Bank,Founder of Groovesville Records and Publishing,Motown Records session guitarist,co/founder of legendary Thelma Records ,Revilot Records, Solid Hit Records,and brother Will Davis,Executive VP and co-founder of Groovesville Pub,receive historic recognition at an awards ceremony ,presented at The Detroit West Club in Nov of 1995.

Shame people in the audience did not have the common courtesy to be stop talking and just listen..... check out the names of the artists in attendance name- checked by Don!!!!!!!

Mike: Thank you very very much for clarifying this for me. As I initially said, I personally met Willie when he provided me a tour, however, none of the numerous obituaries I saw mentioned Willie as being deceased or living as most normal obituaries do. Thanks again.

Hi. I am late to the party but just came across your post.
    Yes Willi introduced him self to me as Don's brother.
    He was hanging out at the studio a lot . I visited the place often and have many pictures and video of the walls and studio A in general. I did see that he or anyone else was not mentioned in the obituary. I guess the family is somewhat private.
    Regards
    Paul

This TV published story shows how he was honored after his death. Interesting reading.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/mot...t-urban-league