[REMOVE ADS]

Joe Frazier 45’s

'Smoking' Joe Frazier ..... the 45’s ……..
    ANSWER ME / YOU GOT THE LOVE [[Knockout)
    COME AND GET ME LOVE / MY WAY [[Knockout)
    BIGGER THEY COME / COME AND GET ME LOVE [[Cloverlay)
    GOOD NEWS / YOU GOT THE LOVE [[Cloverlay)
    KNOCK ON WOOD / TRY IT AGAIN [[Jobo)
    GONNA SPEND MY LIFE / KNOCK OUT DROP [[Capitol)
    IF YOU GO STAY GONE / TRULY,TRULY LOVIN' ME [[Capitol)
    FIRST ROUND KNOCKOUT / LOOKY LOOKY [[Motown; 1975)
    WHAT YA GONNA DO WHEN THE RAIN STARTS FALLIN' / LITTLE DOG HEAVEN [[Prodigal; 1976)

For a boxer, Joe had quite a long recording career.
    I believe he started off in the 60's [[68-ish) and back then he was cutting in Philly with Bobby Martin in charge [[Knockout / Cloverdale label releases). His Capitol outings date from the end of the 60's.
    I guess that the Jobo 45 comes next, with the 2 Motown outings being from the mid 70's.
    Some of his 45's escaped abroad, with 45's being issued in the UK & France [[amongst other places).
    He also performed live quite a bit with his backing group / singers The Knockouts.

Which are the best of his recordings in listies opinions ??

Attachment 1780

I have First Round Knockout on Motown 45, which is OK, Not great. Comes from that era when everyone jumped on the disco bandwagon. This, to me, is just an insipid, disco formular track that a thousand others were doing at the time. Havnt heard the other tracks, so cant comment..Paulo XXX

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,smokin joe should be eternally greatful that he had a[first]career he would have starved as a singer,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

True...Well he never set the charts on fire like he did in the ring did he. But, at least he tried something out of the box, albeit without much success. But I admire him for trying. Actually reminds me a bit of Eddie Murphys dire outing on Motown. The King..or something it was called..uuurrrgghh| Truly awful. At least Joe could sing....Paulo XXX