[REMOVE ADS]

The Supremes A Go-Go Expanded Edition

Any news yet on when this might be released?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon2011@gmail.com View Post
    Any news yet on when this might be released?
    The guys seem to be pretty responsive over here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Diana...08890062656296

We are working hard on The Supremes A Go-Go and Baby It's Me. Of course there are no details and we don't have a release date [[yet) but as soon as we get one we're going to be ready! We are grateful that there is so much interest.

Thanks, George - I can't wait!!!

Wasn't it stated many months ago that Baby It's Me was complete?

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    We are working hard on The Supremes A Go-Go and Baby It's Me. Of course there are no details and we don't have a release date [[yet) but as soon as we get one we're going to be ready! We are grateful that there is so much interest.
    CAN.NOT.WAIT. I'm so geeked-out about A GO GO.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Wasn't it stated many months ago that Baby It's Me was complete?
    Maybe "working hard" means pushing for a physical release?

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Maybe "working hard" means pushing for a physical release?
    I think that's been the implication from the beginning. Andy and George are as big of fans as you and the rest of us. They work as hard as they can to get the results that they and the fans want but ultimately, it's not their decision to make as far as format or release date.

While working on A Go-Go, Andy pointed out something that I had never noticed but found interesting. I know there are some who don't care for the LA produced tracks. Andy pointed out that Holland/Dozier produced all the odd numbers, 1-3-5-7-9-11, while Frank Wilson and Hal Davis did the LA tracks, 2-4-6-8-10-12. I don't think I noticed the difference on many of them but I guess there are those who can really pick out the LA tracks. Good ears!

Here's agood example of how influential this album was around the world.....

Another foreign cover.....

Last edited by marybrewster; 06-11-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Even in the White House!

Gone country.....

Jazzy and snazzy!

And of course.....

And last but not least.....the best version out there.....

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    While working on A Go-Go, Andy pointed out something that I had never noticed but found interesting. I know there are some who don't care for the LA produced tracks. Andy pointed out that Holland/Dozier produced all the odd numbers, 1-3-5-7-9-11, while Frank Wilson and Hal Davis did the LA tracks, 2-4-6-8-10-12. I don't think I noticed the difference on many of them but I guess there are those who can really pick out the LA tracks. Good ears!
    Around here those "good ears" often only hear things to inflame and stoke other agendas. On all sides. I'm waiting to ignore the inevitable storm around the smallest thing you find while producing this release. And thanks ahead of time for doing this reissue!
    Last edited by thanxal; 06-11-2014 at 11:43 AM.

LOL......Marybrewster ;-)

yeah I thought BIM was complete and awaiting it's release date. darn George you got us all hot and bothered,lol. whatever it is next and when , it will be great.

What is this travesty of a performance? This is embarrassing to watch. I can't imagine anyone actually believing that this hot mess of an act could be any semblance of the Supremes.

I can't find it online, but I remember Phil Collins in interviews back in the early 1980s saying that his version of You Can't Hurry Love should be perceived as a tribute to Motown rather than to the Supremes... which of course is correct in a way but also rather unfriendly, as if to suggest that "the Supremes" are not part of the Motown Sound. The strength of Motown was -- and is -- the combination of all the factors coming together: the writers, producers, the musicians, the vocalists [[including "sweetening" by others than the billed ones). "You Can't Hurry Love" [[and many of those other great songs) sounds so good because of all those elements, James Jamerson on bass, Ross on lead vocal, H-D-H writing and producing, etc. etc. No need to downplay one over the other to recognize musical greatness. [[and yes, looking forward to the expanded edition of A Go Go, my favorite Supremes album, although I can't imagine there are any tracks left that we haven't heard before... and apparently there's no live version of Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart save the Ed Sullivan Show performance).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    ... and apparently there's no live version of Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart save the Ed Sullivan Show performance).
    I wouldn't be so sure. Andy and George have this way of finding things.

Shock and awe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    I can't find it online, but I remember Phil Collins in interviews back in the early 1980s saying that his version of You Can't Hurry Love should be perceived as a tribute to Motown rather than to the Supremes... which of course is correct in a way but also rather unfriendly, as if to suggest that "the Supremes" are not part of the Motown Sound. The strength of Motown was -- and is -- the combination of all the factors coming together: the writers, producers, the musicians, the vocalists [[including "sweetening" by others than the billed ones). "You Can't Hurry Love" [[and many of those other great songs) sounds so good because of all those elements, James Jamerson on bass, Ross on lead vocal, H-D-H writing and producing, etc. etc. No need to downplay one over the other to recognize musical greatness. [[and yes, looking forward to the expanded edition of A Go Go, my favorite Supremes album, although I can't imagine there are any tracks left that we haven't heard before... and apparently there's no live version of Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart save the Ed Sullivan Show performance).
    My take is that possibly when Mr. Collins made the quote, Standing In The Shadows Of Motown had not been written, Motown 25 had not aired, a lot of our beloved Motown books had not been written and Dreamgirls the anti Supremes story to some was on Broadway. So I can see him shinning the spotlight on "The Sound". Mr Collins has collaborated with one of my favorite writers Mr. Lamont Dozier twice, so his Motown credentials are in order.

Phil Collins is a stone cold BORE, always was, always will be

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Phil Collins is a stone cold BORE, always was, always will be
    I couldn't agree more. LOL