[REMOVE ADS]

One of the 'Holy Grail' UK Tamla Motown 45's under the hammer THIS Friday [[30th May)

i hope this is the correct forum, as I couldn't find a 'sales/auctions' forum within the Motown Forum? Please feel free mods to move it to the correct place - apologies in advance.

One of the 'Holy Grail' UK Tamla Motown 45's comes under the hammer THIS Friday [[30th May)

The auction is being run by Omega Auctions in Stockport, UK and the link to the 45 is below. It is the 'DJ ONLY' 45 of Blinky & Edwin Starr - Oh how happy/Ooh baby baby - Tamla Motown - Green/White Demo #TMG720 [[1969)

The 45 was pulled at demo stage and released on TMG748 a few weeks later

Thought it might be of interest to the UK Tamla Motown collectors around the world?

Cheers
    Steve

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...9/lot-22223979

A hard disc most definitely.
    I was a TMG collector, and bought every new release [[ I would go to the nearest record shop and spend my weekly dinner money on the latest TMG). There was a ' weekly release sheet' and I remember the announcement of 720.
    I tried to get it but , as you say, it was withdrawn. I'm not 100% certain , but I've always thought it was held back as Edwin Starr appeared on Top of the Pops with his new release of "Time", so presumably UK Motown went with that.
    Just remembered ....I had a 'scam' regarding dinner tickets...I used a similar green cloakroom ticket [[from local disco)as a substitute. The scam got rumbled when the prefect/monitor discovered that the ticket was not genuine. Don't think I got blamed directly...but it put an end to that idea.
    Happy Days
    Thanks for posting about 720

Interesting that Blinky has first billing on the single. On their album, and I assumed on all their singles, Edwin Starr had first billing.