[REMOVE ADS]

Stacy Lattislaw- 'Take Me All The Way' expanded edition

No doubt this is being reissued in light of Stacy Lattisaw's recently aired Unsung episode. And undoubtedly Stacy probably has mixed feelings about it being made available again. She seems pretty intent never to sing secular music again. It's also late Eighties Motown, which some have no interest in. I know we still have our vinyl copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    No doubt this is being reissued in light of Stacy Lattisaw's recently aired Unsung episode. And undoubtedly Stacy probably has mixed feelings about it being made available again.
    No, it's being reissued because we love the album. Not everybody in the business is strictly cynical or reward/profit driven. Hell....I love the album. I LOVE me some 80's Motown. Have you looked at our catalog? www.funkytowngrooves.com Not a lot of commercial/cynical stuff there. We do what we do....timing aside.

Kevin Goins [[KevGo) will no doubt illuminate Stacy's feelings in his [[I know they will be) awesome liner notes.

"No Doubt" I think Stacy would be annoyed at the misspelling of her last name [[lol).

Quote Originally Posted by honest opinions View Post

Have you looked at our catalog? www.funkytowngrooves.com Not a lot of commercial/cynical stuff there. We do what we do....timing aside.

Kevin Goins [[KevGo) will no doubt illuminate Stacy's feelings in his [[I know they will be) awesome liner notes.

"No Doubt" I think Stacy would be annoyed at the misspelling of her last name [[lol).

I was wondering who was making some of those titles available again. I call 'em
    crate jammers because they usually just sit packed and collecting dist in crates in used vinyl stores.

Is Stacy making any royalties from this? She said Motown didn't seem to want to pay her anything. If she is getting some royalties, maybe some good might actually come out of this.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 11-03-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Stacy Lattisaw

Quote Originally Posted by honest opinions View Post
    No, it's being reissued because we love the album. Not everybody in the business is strictly cynical or reward/profit driven. Hell....I love the album. I LOVE me some 80's Motown. Have you looked at our catalog? www.funkytowngrooves.com Not a lot of commercial/cynical stuff there. We do what we do....timing aside.

I didn't notice that I hit an extra letter by mistake. I'm not the world's greatest typist..
    My apologies to Stacy. I'm not sure how to correct the title, so if anyone else knows how... please let me know.
    Thank you.

I was wondering who was making some of those titles available again. I call 'em
    crate jammers because they usually just sit packed and collecting dist in crates in used vinyl stores.
    REALLY?? CRATE JAMMERS?? You tell me where those record stores are and I'll pick those records out- sell them on eBay and Gemm and collect the 50-200 dollars I personally know those vinyl records [[in Mint condition) sell for. Crate Jammers? Show ME that store. Then you can call em NO CRATES LEFT. Since you volunteered that information I am sure you have a list of those stores. And I am sure they have those crates JAMMED.

Is Stacy making any royalties from this? She said Motown didn't seem to want to pay her anything. If she is getting some royalties, maybe some good might actually come out of this.
    I dont know any of that to be true. Or untrue. What I do know is we love the album. We requested a license. It cleared legal and the license was granted. All other questions should properly be shunted over to Universal/Motown.

As a MEGA fan of old MOTOWN, I still find a lot the later stuff great too. Love Staceys stuff. Plus Johnny Gill, Gerald Alston. Milira, By All Means. LA LA, and others. Yeah MOTOWN could still go with the flow and be current for the times. Its nice to see some of that stuff being made available too, as much as we want the earlie stuff out too. We fans will NEVER be satisfied. Now where the hell is THE MARVELETTES Complete albums Volume 2?????.....Paulo XXXX