[REMOVE ADS]

Supremes Hullabaloo January 1965

I wish someone would upload the Supremes performance on Hullabaloo from January of '65. I have it on DVD in good quality but I'm clueless on how to upload a video to YouTube. I tried to watch a tutorial but I just don't have the patience lol. Anyway...this is one of those performances where I'm not looking at just Diana or Flo or Mary, it's ALL 3 of them who I can't take my eyes off of, they were just so GREAT! During their performance of "Come See About Me" on this episode on the "Crying baby for you, etc" part Flo keeps doing this what I call "sexy eyes" where she keeps looking out the corner of her eyes and it was just so nice to see her display so much charisma. Then they perform a medley of "When the Lovelight..." and "Baby Love" and during this one all 3 of them are doing the "Diana's eye popping" routine. Mary's real cute during this performances too but you can tell she didn't yet have the same confidence as Flo or Diana and she was still getting used to it.

You mean this?

Yes, it is wonderful. I keep checking youtube as well. Might as well just watch my DVDs!

It was the first time I ever saw them on TV. I didn't even know they were on and just happened to catch the show and them by chance.

I think this was also the show that Shirley Ellis did "The Name Game" and The Supremes came out to do a verse of "Supremes Supremes Bo Bupremes..." I would love to see that bit again. I know there is a Hullabaloo performance of Shirley doing that song, on a PBS DVD collection, but not sure if it's this particular Hullabaloo appearance or another.

No, Motown Queen, that is "You're Nobody..." from the May 11, 1965 appearance.

They also did "Back In My Arms Again" and a medley with the other artists of #1 hits of 1965, to that point, on that show.

No, MQ, that's not it. That's from May and BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN.

Like Floyjoy said, COME SEE ABOUT ME is from January. They're doing their hands-together-on-thigh step that was later used for NOTHING BUT HEARTACHES. And one more little detail: They're wearing the white dresses they also wore for STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE on the Hollywood Palace, minus the gems around the bodice. [[But, then again, no detail is too small.)

This terrific performance was once on YouTube but has been gone for years. I hope someone can bring it back.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 05-07-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjeb View Post
    No, Motown Queen, that is "You're Nobody..." from the May 11, 1965 appearance.

They also did "Back In My Arms Again" and a medley with the other artists of #1 hits of 1965, to that point, on that show.
    Yeah, I remember seeing the medley last yr. They sang "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" I think? Didn't Sammy Davis Jr and Sonny and Cher also perform with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Queen View Post
    Yeah, I remember seeing the medley last yr. They sang "Sugar Pie Honey Bunch" I think? Didn't Sammy Davis Jr and Sonny and Cher also perform with them?
    The medley with Sammy Davis and Sonny and Cher is from another 1965 appearance, where they also did NOTHING BUT HEARTACHES.

On the show where they sang BACK IN MY ARMS AGAIN, they also sang a medley with Frankie Avalon and Barbara McNair.

May 11, 1965 on NBC

1) Frankie Avalon [[host) - "Once In A Lifetime"
    2) Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs - "Wooly Bully"
    3) Barbara McNair - "When The Sun Comes Out"
    4) Hullabaloo Dancers segment introduced by Frankie Avalon.
    [[4a) Photo montage of the dancers
    [[4b) Frankie Avalon introduces the individual dancers
    [[4c) Dancers perform to instrumental songs.
    5) Peter & Gordon - "True Love Ways" [[Buddy Holly song)
    Frankie Avalon [[singing) introduces Joanie Sommers
    6) Joanie Sommers – "Don't Pity Me"
    7) The Supremes – "Back In My Arms Again"
    8) The Byrds - "Mr. Tambourine Man"
    9) Frankie Avalon, Joanie Sommers, & Barbara McNair – Beatles medley
    10) The Byrds – "I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better" [[Hullabaloo a Go Go segment) Note: Lada Edmund Jr., dancing in right cage, does her trademark screams [[or "yelps") during song.
    11) The Supremes - "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You"
    12) TOP POP MEDLEY [[song excerpts):
    12a) Frankie Avalon - "Downtown"
    12b) The Supremes - "I Feel Fine"
    12c) Barbara McNair - "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" [[missing from MPI release)
    12d) Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - "This Diamond Ring"
    12e) Joanie Sommers - "I'm Telling You Now"
    12f) Frankie Avalon & The Supremes - "Stop In The Name Of Love"
    12g) Peter & Gordon - "Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter"
    12h) Frankie Avalon and The Supremes - "Game Of Love"
    12i) All [[Hullabaloo guests) - "Eight Days A Week" [[end of medley)
    13) Frankie Avalon & Hullabaloo dancers closing comments [[with clips of past Hullabaloo hosts saying "Goodbye"). Closing credits, Hullabaloo theme
    This is information I found about this episode from tv.com
    Is this it?

Last edited by Motown Queen; 05-07-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Queen View Post
    May 11, 1965 on NBC

1) Frankie Avalon [[host) - "Once In A Lifetime"
    2) Sam The Sham & The Pharaohs - "Wooly Bully"
    3) Barbara McNair - "When The Sun Comes Out"
    4) Hullabaloo Dancers segment introduced by Frankie Avalon.
    [[4a) Photo montage of the dancers
    [[4b) Frankie Avalon introduces the individual dancers
    [[4c) Dancers perform to instrumental songs.
    5) Peter & Gordon - "True Love Ways" [[Buddy Holly song)
    Frankie Avalon [[singing) introduces Joanie Sommers
    6) Joanie Sommers – "Don't Pity Me"
    7) The Supremes – "Back In My Arms Again"
    8) The Byrds - "Mr. Tambourine Man"
    9) Frankie Avalon, Joanie Sommers, & Barbara McNair – Beatles medley
    10) The Byrds – "I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better" [[Hullabaloo a Go Go segment) Note: Lada Edmund Jr., dancing in right cage, does her trademark screams [[or "yelps") during song.
    11) The Supremes - "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You"
    12) TOP POP MEDLEY [[song excerpts):
    12a) Frankie Avalon - "Downtown"
    12b) The Supremes - "I Feel Fine"
    12c) Barbara McNair - "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" [[missing from MPI release)
    12d) Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - "This Diamond Ring"
    12e) Joanie Sommers - "I'm Telling You Now"
    12f) Frankie Avalon & The Supremes - "Stop In The Name Of Love"
    12g) Peter & Gordon - "Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter"
    12h) Frankie Avalon and The Supremes - "Game Of Love"
    12i) All [[Hullabaloo guests) - "Eight Days A Week" [[end of medley)
    13) Frankie Avalon & Hullabaloo dancers closing comments [[with clips of past Hullabaloo hosts saying "Goodbye"). Closing credits, Hullabaloo theme
    This is information I found about this episode from tv.com
    Is this it?

That show has been on VHS tape, released in 1987, and subsequently on DVD. I consider that show one of their best performances.

The January 1965 show was just released on DVD in 2013. The Best of Hullabaloo which was released as four separate DVDs.

Their hits medley is on Collection 3 [[although it shows a picture of them on the back cover from the May 11th show)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Hullabalo...hullabaloo+dvd

and CSAM is on Collection 4 and shows a picture of them on the front cover from that January show.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Hullabalo...hullabaloo+dvd

This site has the picture with the Supremes from the January Hullabaloo performance:

http://www.discomusic.com/forums/sho...o-The-Supremes!!!!

Just happened to find this clip of Shirley Ellis and The Supremes on youtube. It's from the Hullabaloo broadcast of January 1965. I haven't see it since that night. It was the first time I saw The Supremes on TV. They sang Where, Baby Love, Come See About Me and Lovelights. The big surprise was this brief bit with Shirley Ellis [[Supremes are at 2:55).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iEkgVL43yU

[[This old thread came up in the Motown Forum when I did a search and a reply and should be moved to the DRATS Forum.)
    Last edited by johnjeb; 07-04-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Is this the episode?

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Is this the episode?

Thanks for posting this video. Nice to see everything of The Supremes from that broadcast.

There are better clips of CSAM and the hits medley available on youtube as they were issued on DVD in 2013, which I purchased. I was disappointed that the Name Game clip was not included. I had searched for that clip off and on for years. I guess I hadn't looked in the past couple of years. Glad it has finally surfaced and I got to see it again.