[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    that's not true.. tell us why you're REALLY mad at Miss Ross and we might actually agree with your feelings.. but Mary is not better looking and generally can't sing her way out of a paper bag..her timing is frequently off, and on stage, her false smile is more 'mental patient' than true diva.. and I LIKE Mary!... despite what I just shared ..

smark21 Guest
    Miss Ross enjoyed having her minions pour motor oil and maple syrup in Junior Walker's saxophone. He would have to buy another one from a music store that had a kickback deal with Berry and Diana Ross. Poor Junior Walker.

^ Lol well doggone Smark. "Motor oil and maple syrup..."?!

All Diana did was agree to be their leading mascot for one of their best PR stories though the Jacksons themselves acknowledged Bobby [[least starting in the '80s). But I think most replies here are again aimed at the Supremes, than the Jackson 5. And calling both groups "a group of brats", really? Lol

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    All Diana did was agree to be their leading mascot for one of their best PR stories though the Jacksons themselves acknowledged Bobby [[least starting in the '80s). But I think most replies here are again aimed at the Supremes, than the Jackson 5. And calling both groups "a group of brats", really? Lol
    Well I truly believe the Supremes were not very talented and were only stars because of their image and what Motown did for them to get them to be stars. But no one here ever called Mary or Florence brats. I called Diana a brat, and no matter how much one loves her, that can't be denied. So many accounts from people who met Ross, have called her bratty. The only one calling the Jackson 5 brats was Jimi LaLumia, and that is absolutely ridiculous. They were perfect gentlemen, even Mikey at 11 years old. That was due to Joe's abuse, but still, they were far from brats.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Miss Ross enjoyed having her minions pour motor oil and maple syrup in Junior Walker's saxophone. He would have to buy another one from a music store that had a kickback deal with Berry and Diana Ross. Poor Junior Walker.
    Smark, you should change your name to smartass21. Give people a head's up before they read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Well I truly believe the Supremes were not very talented and were only stars because of their image and what Motown did for them to get them to be stars. But no one here ever called Mary or Florence brats. I called Diana a brat, and no matter how much one loves her, that can't be denied. So many accounts from people who met Ross, have called her bratty. The only one calling the Jackson 5 brats was Jimi LaLumia, and that is absolutely ridiculous. They were perfect gentlemen, even Mikey at 11 years old. That was due to Joe's abuse, but still, they were far from brats.
    So abuse makes perfect gentlemen? smh.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    So abuse makes perfect gentlemen? smh.

Roberta
    Nah, discipline ,as it was prescribed by normal parents in the 50's and 60's kept sometimes unruly children in line. Like it or not, that is the way it was......................!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Nah, discipline ,as it was prescribed by normal parents in the 50's and 60's kept sometimes unruly children in line. Like it or not, that is the way it was......................!
    Didnt help you did it?

Didnt help you did it?
    It sure did! Never been arrested once!

It sure did! Never been arrested once!
    Congratulations. Thats real great.

If my parents were here to read what is written on these threads, they'd probably come back and slap the lot of you

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    If my parents were here to read what is written on these threads, they'd probably come back and slap the lot of you

hehehehehehehhehe! Right 144man?

BRATS!!!!..and apparently some of them still are!.. *[[hi, Jermaine..) .. nothing wrong with being a brat sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    BRATS!!!!..and apparently some of them still are!.. *[[hi, Jermaine..) .. nothing wrong with being a brat sometimes...
    But the facts are the Jackson Brothers were not brats. They were hard working individuals from an early age and deserve more respect than some are giving them today.

supremester Guest
    Berry had very little to do with Motown 25 - it was Suzanne DePasse. It sucks that she didn't include everyone on the guest list. I'm still smh that The Marvelettes were left off the bill. How is that possible? They could have been given 3 minutes to do Postman, Beachwood and Don't Mess with Bill. Ditto Martha with Heat Wave and Dancing in The Street - also Queen Mary with Two Lovers and My Guy. Mary & The Marvelettes were essential to Motown surviving the early, cash poor years. They were deserving of better, but that was Suzanne, not Berry. Both acts get their props in Motown Musical.
    And none of the Funks were mentioned, OR important artists like the Marvelettes, Jimmy Ruffin, Edwin Starr, Marv Johnson, the Contours, Gladys & the Pips. James Jamerson had to scalp a damn ticket to see the special. BG didn't give a shit about anyone who helped make Motown happen except Smokey and "Ms. Ross."

I don't really respect Suzanne for some reason. Didn't she join Motown around 1970? That may be the reason why. Generation gap? Lol

I don't really respect Suzanne for some reason. Didn't she join Motown around 1970? That may be the reason why. Generation gap? Lol
    I do not respect Suzanne DePasse for a lot of reasons and I believe Cindy Birdsong introduced her to Mr. Gordy around 1967-68.

What to include and what not include was not all up to Motown, let alone just one person like Suzanne DePasse. The show was not a PBS special [[focused on the history of Motown) or like the Motown 40 television special for ABC [[and co-written by DePasse) that was more a historical documentary. Motown 25 was a primetime entertainment special and I'm sure Motown and DePasse had to negotiate quite fiercely with the NBC executives. Ironically, by the early 1980s Motown was a less powerful force in TV land than in the late 1960s when TBC and GIT on Broadway were made. I'm sure that the NBC people didn't know the difference between the Marvelettes and the Vandellas [[3 black women must be the Supremes), and basically cared about getting Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, and Stevie Wonder. Having a Jackson 5 and Supremes reunion was added bonus [[although backfired). To ensure a wider [[read white) audience performances by Linda Rondstadt and that weird performance by Adam Ant were added [[probably inspired by the success of Soft Cell's Tainted Love/WDOLG and Phil Collin's You Can't Hurry Love). Of course the reduction of Mary Wells and Martha Reeves to 30 minutes is an insult to anybody who seriously loves music, but as main grand entertainment and television executives politics that was/is business as usual. Motown 25 is flawed in many ways, as is much of early 1980s television, but has given us some fantastic performances, not only MJ's iconic moonwalk, but also a moving Marvin Gaye and that wonderful duel between the Four Tops and the Temptations. Much more cannot be expected -- quite different than the Motown 40 documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    . Of course the reduction of Mary Wells and Martha Reeves to 30 minutes is an insult to anybody who seriously loves music.
    Freudian slip: I obviously meant to type 30 seconds... I wish it was 30 minutes each!

Back to Booby Taylor and The Jackson 5 !!
    I believe he was rewarded for his discovery of the Jackson 5 so is he upset because he was not given public recognition ? If his name was placed instead of Diana Ross, they would have never got doors open they way they did. The Daisy, Ed Sullivan,, Frontier, etc. would have never thought twice without Ross' name being USED !!!

...correct...

Of course what happened with "naming" the Jackson 5 and what happened on M25 make sense for the public and both events ensured success.

But when all was said and done, a few artists and the Gordys made millions of dollars and most everyone else got left in Detroit with modest means to continue a career and a few bucks at best.

That causes jealousy and envy and of course, it rears it's head every once in a while.

There's that guy on here that shows it daily.

supremester Guest
    LOl. I think you are incorrect about NBC input. Normally, the producer of the special makes the decision content and pitches the idea to the networks to sell it. NBC may have requested in negotiations to include Ronstadt and, gulp, Adam Ant, but after the deal was signed, it would be very unusual to have content input unless NBC was producing it, but I don't think they did. DePasse is a talented woman and put on an excellent show that was a huge ratings grabber. NBC had no problem buying her next one, so they must have been happy. Some of the fans might not have been, but TV is for the masses and to make money - in that regard, she was a giant success.

also correct!

And none of the Funks were mentioned, OR important artists like the Marvelettes, Jimmy Ruffin, Edwin Starr, Marv Johnson, the Contours, Gladys & the Pips. .."
    A couple of points-

In the video segments following Smokey Robinson's 'Motown finishing school' comments, the Marvelettes [[dance moves during Don't Mess With Bill and a 1964 clip performing Please Mr. Postman) are featured as are Gladys Knight & the Pips [[Friendship Train & a Motortown Revue performance )

Some artists may not have been invited due to circumstances. The Marvelettes
    had disbanded during a time of considerable tension among members. Wanda's proposed solo album was marketed as by The Marvelettes- Kat rightly refusing to pose for a cover shot of the album on which she had not been invited to sing. Wanda had experienced personal and family tragedies and was likely not in the best of mental heath.
    If asked, would they have been able to regroup?...Would they have wanted to?
    Jimmy Ruffin... His brother David had just participated in a Temptations' reunion, that according to many accounts started well but ended badly. Would Jimmy appear if David were not invited? Would Motown have to be concerned that David might suddenly appear [[unrehearsed) onstage during the the Temps vs. Tops medley- as David was known to do during some of Dennis' early engagements as a Temptation?
    Gladys Knight/the Pips in the late 1970's branched out as 2 separate units. The public wondered if there was any undercurrent of family friction. When they came together again in 1980 they said that there hadn't been. But some still wondered..
    At the time of Motown 25, both Edwin Starr and Jimmy Ruffin were residing in Great Britain. Considering that Motown 25 was also a fundraiser, I'm not sure what monies may have been budgeted for transportation by NBC.
    According to the Countours with Joe Billingslea's website, Joe revived the group [[ although he does not state who the members were) in 1971 "playing a few dates here and there". Finally by 1981, the group with Council Gay and 3 members who were not part of the group signed to Motown began to play " a lot more dates". How many is a lot more? And how did they fare in keeping alive the same energy/showmanship that was the Contours at Motown?
    Sadly , Marv Johnson, after his mid-60's return to Motown, had taken jobs in sales & promotion.
    I'm not here championing their non-involvement in Motown 25; I'm only trying to see if there might have been extenuating circumstances that could have steered some from putting them on an official list, if there even was such a list at the time.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Back to Booby Taylor and The Jackson 5 !!
    I believe he was rewarded for his discovery of the Jackson 5 so is he upset because he was not given public recognition ? If his name was placed instead of Diana Ross, they would have never got doors open they way they did. The Daisy, Ed Sullivan,, Frontier, etc. would have never thought twice without Ross' name being USED !!!
    Absolutely not correct. Bobby has never been rewarded for his discovery of the Jackson 5 by Motown [[BG) or Ms Ross, or many of the Jacksons. AND he never got paid for the work he did with them, or credited as a writer/producer on their hits, which he was. And they wouldn't place his name, they shouldn't have placed anybody's name. Do you think it should've been "Ronnie White Presents Little Stevie Wonder"? It should've just been "Jackson 5 First Album" or just self titled like many Motown albums. As for "Ed Sullivan would have never thought twice without Ross' name being USED" that is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've heard this year. Her name was not used on the Ed Sullivan billing, only on their first album. And they got on Ed Sullivan because Motown had the power to get them on, and off the success of their early singles. NOT because of any "Diana Ross presents.." bullshit. You must have your nose stuck so far up her ass you're blinded from the damn truth.
    Last edited by thomas96; 05-17-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    A couple of points-

In the video segments following Smokey Robinson's 'Motown finishing school' comments, the Marvelettes [[dance moves during Don't Mess With Bill and a 1964 clip performing Please Mr. Postman) are featured as are Gladys Knight & the Pips [[Friendship Train & a Motortown Revue performance )

Some artists may not have been invited due to circumstances. The Marvelettes
    had disbanded during a time of considerable tension among members. Wanda's proposed solo album was marketed as by The Marvelettes- Kat rightly refusing to pose for a cover shot of the album on which she had not been invited to sing. Wanda had experienced personal and family tragedies and was likely not in the best of mental heath.
    If asked, would they have been able to regroup?...Would they have wanted to?
    Jimmy Ruffin... His brother David had just participated in a Temptations' reunion, that according to many accounts started well but ended badly. Would Jimmy appear if David were not invited? Would Motown have to be concerned that David might suddenly appear [[unrehearsed) onstage during the the Temps vs. Tops medley- as David was known to do during some of Dennis' early engagements as a Temptation?
    Gladys Knight/the Pips in the late 1970's branched out as 2 separate units. The public wondered if there was any undercurrent of family friction. When they came together again in 1980 they said that there hadn't been. But some still wondered..
    At the time of Motown 25, both Edwin Starr and Jimmy Ruffin were residing in Great Britain. Considering that Motown 25 was also a fundraiser, I'm not sure what monies may have been budgeted for transportation by NBC.
    According to the Countours with Joe Billingslea's website, Joe revived the group [[ although he does not state who the members were) in 1971 "playing a few dates here and there". Finally by 1981, the group with Council Gay and 3 members who were not part of the group signed to Motown began to play " a lot more dates". How many is a lot more? And how did they fare in keeping alive the same energy/showmanship that was the Contours at Motown?
    Sadly , Marv Johnson, after his mid-60's return to Motown, had taken jobs in sales & promotion.
    I'm not here championing their non-involvement in Motown 25; I'm only trying to see if there might have been extenuating circumstances that could have steered some from putting them on an official list, if there even was such a list at the time.
    The above is all hogwash! It is desperate spinning in order to defend Suzanne DePasse utter disrespect for just about anything connecting Motown to it's true roots in Detroit!

Absolutely not correct. Bobby has never been rewarded for his discovery of the Jackson 5 by Motown [[BG) or Ms Ross, or many of the Jacksons. AND he never got paid for the work he did with them, or credited as a writer/producer on their hits, which he was. And they wouldn't place his name, they shouldn't have placed anybody's name. Do you think it should've been "Ronnie White Presents Little Stevie Wonder"? It should've just been "Jackson 5 First Album" or just self titled like many Motown albums. As for "Ed Sullivan would have never thought twice without Ross' name being USED" that is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've heard this year. Her name was not used on the Ed Sullivan billing, only on their first album. And they got on Ed Sullivan because Motown had the power to get them on, and off the success of their early singles. NOT because of any "Diana Ross presents.." bullshit. You must have your nose stuck so far up her ass you're blinded by the damn truth.
    the bottomline is Bobby Taylor got screwed out of his proper credit along with money he should have received! They did not need Diana Ross in anyway because the Jackson 5 were dynamically talented! They were getting rave reviews even while they were performing in theaters without a hit record!

The above is all hogwash! It is desperate spinning in order to defend Suzanne DePasse utter disrespect for just about anything connecting Motown to it's true roots in Detroit!
    So, according to your response, the video segments of the Marvelettes and Gladys Knight & the Pips that attendees and viewers of the broadcast saw wasn't them???? You said 'the above is all hogwash'. Then who were those imposters???? Those gals sure looked, sang & danced like the Marvelous Marvelettes; that fabulous female singer and her 3 male backups sure did one fantastic job of impersonating Gladys Knight & the Pips. Then tell us, Marv, the real truth, [[as you see it) who were they??????

the bottomline is Bobby Taylor got screwed out of his proper credit along with money he should have received! They did not need Diana Ross in anyway because the Jackson 5 were dynamically talented! They were getting rave reviews even while they were performing in theaters without a hit record!
    R Dean Taylor never felt he got proper credit either. I'm sure there were others.

And the J5 did get Diana to introduce them and the rest is history including her close relationship with MJ and nearly ending caring for his kids!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    So, according to your response, the video segments of the Marvelettes and Gladys Knight & the Pips that attendees and viewers of the broadcast saw wasn't them???? You said 'the above is all hogwash'. Then who were those imposters???? Those gals sure looked, sang & danced like the Marvelous Marvelettes; that fabulous female singer and her 3 male backups sure did one fantastic job of impersonating Gladys Knight & the Pips. Then tell us, Marv, the real truth, [[as you see it) who were they??????
    Nah, don't even try it! those few seconds of video tape without any proper acknowledgement of the contributions those legendary artist made to the overall success of Motown Records just won't do! It was not right and you are wrong to defend it.

supremester Guest
    The Marvelettes were huge for Motown and provided cash & exposure in the earliest days - Gladys, although a big seller, was just another group in the scheme of things. Had Gladys, who declined to attend, never existed, Motown would have been just fine, just short a few killer records.
    I would like to have seen more of the classic acts, but it was an entertainment special, not a history class. Like the Broadway show, it's an entertainment piece and there are no "shoulds" or "should nots." - I catch myself doing it too. If you think it should - write your own play or special.

The Jackson 5's success could be easily credited to Michael, Berry Gordy and Bobby Taylor.

The Jackson 5's success could be easily credited to Michael, Berry Gordy and Bobby Taylor.
    and Joseph and Katherine Jackson and then that would be a fair summation.

When I was a kid I dont remember any conversations of "wow Diana Ross is introducing the Jackson Five!". As a matter of fact in retrospect I always thought that was strange. I remember people talking about Diana Ross, The New Supremes, and the Jackson Five as three seperate groups. When I was in the store or cut out bins or anywhere I always got ever Ross album and Supremes album I could find. Unless I didnt read the paper or look at the news I never got the importance of her name on their album cover. Until I was in my twenties did it make sense to me but I think they would have been hot with or without her name attached to theirs. I can see why Bobby Taylor was upset because of the spin on things and I hope that someone will make good for him.

This is really a moot point on how big they would have gotten with or without the name of Diana Ross presenting them. We can all speculate but don't really know. I really feel it helped them in the beginning. What new group would not benefit from a superstar presenting them? I am sure if Beyoncé gave her name to some new group today people would stop and take a look. The Jackson 5 were very talented and there is no doubt in my mind that they would have made it big. But maybe not as fast. We really don't know but what we do know is using Diana Ross' name sure didn't hurt them. And that is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    This is really a moot point on how big they would have gotten with or without the name of Diana Ross presenting them. We can all speculate but don't really know. I really feel it helped them in the beginning. What new group would not benefit from a superstar presenting them? I am sure if Beyoncé gave her name to some new group today people would stop and take a look. The Jackson 5 were very talented and there is no doubt in my mind that they would have made it big. But maybe not as fast. We really don't know but what we do know is using Diana Ross' name sure didn't hurt them. And that is fact.
    I wish you would stop comparing Beyonce to Diana Ross. They have virtually nothing in common and Beyonce has a much better reputation overall. The Jackson Five did not need Diana Ross and in many cases they surpassed her. Michael certainly did!

I wish you would stop comparing Beyonce to Diana Ross. They have virtually nothing in common and Beyonce has a much better reputation overall. The Jackson Five did not need Diana Ross and in many cases they surpassed her. Michael certainly did!
    Marv don't be mad because I am not the only one that compares Beyoncé to Diana Ross. Most everyone does. I don't really even care for Beyoncé. But her fame is compared to Diana Ross. All new black female superstars are compared to Diana. So was Whitney back in the day!!

Marv don't be mad because I am not the only one that compares Beyoncé to Diana Ross. Most everyone does. I don't really even care for Beyoncé. But her fame is compared to Diana Ross. All new black female superstars are compared to Diana. So was Whitney back in the day!!
    I'm not mad, I just think it is stupid to compare two people, entertainers that are nothing alike in terms of look, sound, presentation or reputation. No not all new black female "superstars" are compared to Diane. Whitney effectively rendered her irrelevant back in the 80's. If you want to chose someone that most are now compared to, it would be Whitney.

Absolutely not correct. Bobby has never been rewarded for his discovery of the Jackson 5 by Motown [[BG) or Ms Ross, or many of the Jacksons. AND he never got paid for the work he did with them, or credited as a writer/producer on their hits, which he was. And they wouldn't place his name, they shouldn't have placed anybody's name. Do you think it should've been "Ronnie White Presents Little Stevie Wonder"? It should've just been "Jackson 5 First Album" or just self titled like many Motown albums. As for "Ed Sullivan would have never thought twice without Ross' name being USED" that is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've heard this year. Her name was not used on the Ed Sullivan billing, only on their first album. And they got on Ed Sullivan because Motown had the power to get them on, and off the success of their early singles. NOT because of any "Diana Ross presents.." bullshit. You must have your nose stuck so far up her ass you're blinded from the damn truth.
    Contrary to popular BELIEF..Bobby Taylor was compensated!!! HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE NUMBER OF UNRELEASED SINGLES OF THE J-5...THEY ARE BOBBY TAYLOR AS PRODUCER...Mr. Taylor product was not up to par[[they were covers) to be released!!!!!
    Last edited by dvus7; 05-19-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Contrary to popular BEFLIEF..Bobby Taylor was compensated!!! HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE NUMBER OF UNRELEASED SINGLES OF THE J-5...THEY ARE BOBBY TAYLOR AS PRODUCER...Mr. Taylor product was not up to par[[they were covers) to be released!!!!!
    Exactly...I wasn't going to address it because the facts are constantly ignored here. Thanks for bringing it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Exactly...I wasn't going to address it because the facts are constantly ignored here. Thanks for bringing it up!
    AND THAT IS THE REASON THAT J-5 STILL OWED MOTOWN THOSE FUNDS[[IN LU, OF THE LAWSUIT)..remember the artist was charged for all songs that were recorded[[ weather they were released or not)..The majority of NOTS were Bobby Taylor products...This not intended to jump on Mr. Taylor..He was PAID-IN-FULL!!!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dvus7 View Post
    Contrary to popular BELIEF..Bobby Taylor was compensated!!! HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE NUMBER OF UNRELEASED SINGLES OF THE J-5...THEY ARE BOBBY TAYLOR AS PRODUCER...Mr. Taylor product was not up to par[[they were covers) to be released!!!!!
    Wow. You are a complete moron. I'm not talking about any of those songs, or the ones he produced and were released on many albums. I'm talking specifically about ABC, I Want You Back, and The Love You Save, which Bobby had a big hand in producing, and contributed to the writing of. He's never seen a dime from all the money those hits made.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    Really, what facts are you speaking of? The FACT that Bobby contributed to The Jackson 5's first 3 hits and HASN'T SEEN A DIME from those royalties, OR any credit whatsoever.

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    When I was a kid I dont remember any conversations of "wow Diana Ross is introducing the Jackson Five!". As a matter of fact in retrospect I always thought that was strange. I remember people talking about Diana Ross, The New Supremes, and the Jackson Five as three seperate groups. When I was in the store or cut out bins or anywhere I always got ever Ross album and Supremes album I could find. Unless I didnt read the paper or look at the news I never got the importance of her name on their album cover. Until I was in my twenties did it make sense to me but I think they would have been hot with or without her name attached to theirs. I can see why Bobby Taylor was upset because of the spin on things and I hope that someone will make good for him.
    I agree, very well written.

Wow. You are a complete moron. I'm not talking about any of those songs, or the ones he produced and were released on many albums. I'm talking specifically about ABC, I Want You Back, and The Love You Save, which Bobby had a big hand in producing, and contributed to the writing of. He's never seen a dime from all the money those hits made.

Really, what facts are you speaking of? The FACT that Bobby contributed to The Jackson 5's first 3 hits and HASN'T SEEN A DIME from those royalties, OR any credit whatsoever.
    Could we please keep this civil and reffrain from calling members moron.

Respectfully.

Roberta

supremester Guest
    What difference does it make? None. Motown had no crystal ball - they were just trying everything they could to launch The J5. Did they need to? In hindsight, maybe not. Did they KNOW they wouldn't need to? No. So what? No harm done. I have a No Matter What Sign You Are Album promo poster in my den. They were sure that was going to hit, but they were wrong. I Want You Back took two months to go top ten, it's not like it rocketed to #1. Using Ross' name didn't hurt and was a good idea. They took her to NYC for Ed Sullivan when I'm sure she'd have been happier with a night off. They got a HUGE start on The Hollywood Palace because of Miss Ross hosting as they got to sing 3 songs and MJ did bits with Sammy Davis & Ross. Generally an unknown group with no hits doesn't get that kind of exposure. It was that show that brought The J5 to Ed's attention.
    Last edited by supremester; 05-19-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Could we please keep this civil and reffrain from calling members moron.

Respectfully.

Roberta
    No, it just goes to show that HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKIGN ABOUT!!!LOL!!LOL!!

I laugh at the post that said The J5 got onto Sullivan based on the success of their early singles..when they appeared on Sullivan, "I Want You Back" was struggling to get from #19 to #17 on the Billboard singles chart..hardly earth shaking..lol.. and before "I Want You Back", there were NO other hit singles..do the homework, this isn't Fox "news", you don't get to make up your own facts,,the "I Want You Back' saga is detailed in my previous posts in this thread, so just get over yourself.. the Ross 'association' was the make or break moment, you don't have to like it, but nobody's buying the strange tale that you're trying to sell...
    http://raresoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/20121215-015218-630x350.jpg
    http://www.jackson5abc.com/albums/di...the-jackson-5/
    http://home.mj-upbeat.com/wp-content...08/mjdiana.jpg
    http://www.mjworld.net/wp-content/up...50282_f496.jpg
    http://www.thejacksons.com/history/the-jackson-5-1969/
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 05-19-2014 at 06:23 PM.

smark21 Guest
    In his interviews, does Bobby Taylor address what role he played in not becoming a star or what shortcomings [[whether it be talent-wise, issues of charisma, poor career/business decisions) he may have possessed? OR does blame Berry Gordy and Motown as the sole cause for not hitting big?