[REMOVE ADS]

What is Lost In A Pool Of Red about?

To me it sounds like a man who was on the verge of suicide and his girlfriend stopped him? What do you guys think? Great song btw. Totally different sound for The Four Tops.

A very strange song. Have a hard time deciphering some of the lyrics. At times it sounds like a bad drug overdose maybe [[something about him being in a room full of people but on his own trip, or something like that). I like the Tops but am not fond when Levi sang in that very strained style...I liked him better when he held back rather than "over sang" the song.

http://blog.brillianttrips.com/2010/...-the-red-city/

Probably not related to the matter at hand, but interesting nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    http://blog.brillianttrips.com/2010/...-the-red-city/

Probably not related to the matter at hand, but interesting nonetheless.
    Bizarre! I couldn't tell if the red sky was photo shopped or illuminated as they claimed.

I never really thought about it before. It does sound like it has something to do with drugs. I love his singing style though. It's always so urgent. It's funny if you listen to the acapellas of some of their songs cuz he's basically just yelling lyrics. LOL! Oh and btw to go with that weird red pool picture, Google the phrase "pink lake," it's surreal there is actually a lake that is naturally pink in Australia!

Should have been the the Theme to Trainspotting

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    Should have been the the Theme to Trainspotting
    No that was Choo Choo Train

I always thought it was a strange song..when I brought that album...I took it to mean a bad drug trip [[LSD) and attempted suicide from it..since it was recorded around the late 60's psychedelic era..
    Similar to Psychedelic Shack cut-"Take A Stroll Thru Your Mind"-Temptations...Motown was getting away from the 2:59 love story formula and starting to experiment with social issues..