[REMOVE ADS]

Papa Was a rolling Stone/ Whereever I lay my Hat

While it's been said that the storyteller in The Supremes "I'm Living in Shame" is the daughter of the storyteller from "Love Child" Yet noone that i'm aware of has made a Connection to the Tempts "papa was a Rolling Stone" To Marvin's "Where Ever I lay My Hat". I often wonder whetever the Storyteller[[s) from "Papa" are the offsprings of the storyteller from " Where Ever".

BTW It might be possible that On the Temptations' version of "Papa", When Melvin refers to "Three outside Children" he might be taking about The Undisputed Truth whom had 3 member at the time! LOL

Last edited by jboy88; 11-02-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    While it's been said that the storyteller in The Supremes "I'm Living in Shame" is the daughter of the storyteller from "Love Child" Yet noone that i'm aware of has made a Connection to the Tempts "papa was a Rolling Stone" To Marvin's "Where Ever I lay My Hat". I often wonder whetever the Storyteller[[s) from "Papa" are the offsprings of the storyteller from " Where Ever".

BTW It might be possible that On the Temptations' version of "Papa", When Melvin refers to "Three outside Children" he might be taking about The Undisputed Truth whom had 3 member at the time! LOL
    It's interesting you mention this... I always thought there was a slight connection to that theme. You could have a point plus in Marvin's, he basically described the guy as someone who slept around so I'm not shocked. I wonder if it was a personal experience for Norman or Barrett [[though Marvin also co-wrote "Wherever I Lay My Hat").