[REMOVE ADS]

More Hits By The Supremes Deluxe

Harry's recent interview mentioned that More Hits was gonna be the next re-release, at least that's what some people have said. I was told that no more 60's Supremes releases were gonna come out this year but with the Scherrie Payne Years on hold til next April I was wondering if anyone knows if More Hits is planned for this year?

My recollection is that he did not say it would be next. It was an equivocal response indicating it would be released but I don't think he said "next"; but maybe others took it differently.

Ok ok. Thanks for clearing that up :-)

John Perrone did the interview; he may clarify it better than I have.

I think the release of this will be as Jean Terrell once sang, the day between Sunday and Monday lol

My gut tells me the end of 2011 though to let the Scherrie Payne years set time to shine....

Does anyone know how some of these sets sold? I seem to recall the Supremes box set didnt sell as well as hoped and yet one of the 70s Supremes anthologies sold very well. Did I also hear that 5,000 are made?

It was said during John's interview that Diana Ross and Diana Ross and the Supremes sell well; Where Did Our Love Go is sold out. Some of the other artists haven't and during the interview, it was suggested that some of the less popular artists will not get a release.

The 70's Supremes Anthology was not a Hip O release as I recall and I think there was mention made in past threads of it not selling as hoped.

Ive said it before and I'll say it again- dont expect too many unreleased tracks on a More Hits deluxe,There aint much left in the vault..

i was under the impression that MORE HITS was being planned for next year. i dont think we will see any supremes reissues this year.

Supremes releases.

Well, as far as Supremes releases go on hip o select: The Jean Terrell Years;This is the Story from the early 70's have sold out. More Hits by the Supremes has just been released
    and I don't plan to buy it, there are many tracks that are on other cd's released from past
    cd's however Moonlight and Kisses, and a few others are on there, live tracks of where did our love go, baby love and come see about me are listed as live tracks from the Fox theater, also stop in the name of love from live in paris and Your nobody till somebody loves you. I wish motown would release something we could sink our teeth into that we have not heard before. the full track list is on Hip O Select. also the supremes 50th anniversary is listed there with every supremes single and b/w from 1961 to 1969.

More Hits available for pre-order in UK at £8.99 from Amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/More-Hits-Su...s_all_1#disc_1