[REMOVE ADS]




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 51 to 76 of 76
  1. #51
    supremester Guest
    We liked it. NPH will def see Tony nod if his voice holds out - poor guy looked and began to sound worn out, but he was sensational. No so my EX [[MCH) in a pointless gab fest and Bridges reminded me so much of what the play was in Waiting For Guffman. Very well acted though. Raisin was simply superb. Although I bought the seats because DiHanne was in it, the woman who played her part was great. This was no cake walk/star turn for Denzel - he was great and will be very happy June time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    did someone mention Dedwig and the Angry Investors?...nice 'borrow' of the 1995 autobiography "Man Enough To Be A Woman " by Jayne [[formerly known as Wayne) County.. what a dull, lifeless piece of garbage of a show..

  2. #52
    supremester Guest
    Interesting..............that when Mary Wilson told you to "shut your pie hole and leave Diane and myself out of your petty squabbles........" You cited The First Amendment: Freedom Of Speech. We also have Freedom of Religion and all need to respect other's beliefs. I'm sorry Carlo is upset if someone doesn't believe in God - hopefully he's over it by now. There could be agnostics upset by Jehovah's Witnesses - the possibilities are endless. .................Re Re Re Re R E S P E C T
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Interesting.........in that you were one that proclaimed several times in the past on this forum that you do not believe in God! You use to upset Carlo all the time with your blasphemies........

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,737
    Rep Power
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Streisand shopped "Yentl" around for 15 years before it was finally green lit. I go to the movies once or twice a month, but, I'm surprised at the number of friends and co-workers that tell them that they don't go to the movies. Even after Whitney's tragic death, "Sparkle" only made less than $25 mil,not factoring marketing and advertising costs. Michael's "This is It" did much better thankfully. But they made a spark strategic move by trumpeting a very limited [[was it 2 weeks) run in theaters. It gave the movie a sense of urgency. I kinda thought that Whitney and Michael were fairly synonymous in popularity. Whitney's new Greatest Hits barely got to 500k. It may be closer to 750k now. Whereas, "michael", the unreleased album sold several million units. It could be argued that there was high passion for both artists. But then I recently read that Michael's estate may still be in the red, due to outstanding loans and debts.
    There was more financial value in Michael at the time but the estate might've overstepped its boundaries with the money if the IRS are to be believed [[and I don't trust them either lol). You couldn't really compare it to Whitney. Different scenarios.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,402
    Rep Power
    150
    Dedwig won't last very long, it's not mainstream Broadway material, and I'm happy to hear to Kneel is ALREADY worn out... good..

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,558
    Rep Power
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by supremester View Post
    Interesting..............that when Mary Wilson told you to "shut your pie hole and leave Diane and myself out of your petty squabbles........" You cited The First Amendment: Freedom Of Speech. We also have Freedom of Religion and all need to respect other's beliefs. I'm sorry Carlo is upset if someone doesn't believe in God - hopefully he's over it by now. There could be agnostics upset by Jehovah's Witnesses - the possibilities are endless. .................Re Re Re Re R E S P E C T
    Thank you Marv, thanks so much for the pat on the back for my religious values.

    Coming from someone who violates most Human Rights Legislation on Youtube with his bigoted comments about gay people, who bullies people when they don't agree with him, who issues daily diatribes against a woman, Miss Ross, who he has never met ~ I take your comments as another compliment.

    I'm comfortable with my Christian values outshining yours! Your church would definitely not be a choice for most of us. Is it one of those churches which allow you to be a bigot and spout hatred and pray it away? There were and are lots of those churches remaining in the South of the USA I'm told.

    You must be talking Carlo, who I sent the Whitney Houston Magazine to?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,558
    Rep Power
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thank you Marv, thanks so much for the pat on the back for my religious values.

    Coming from someone who violates most Human Rights Legislation on Youtube with his bigoted comments about gay people, who bullies people when they don't agree with him, who issues daily diatribes against a woman, Miss Ross, who he has never met ~ I take your comments as another compliment.

    I'm comfortable with my Christian values outshining yours! Your church would definitely not be a choice for most of us. Is it one of those churches which allow you to be a bigot and spout hatred and pray it away? There were and are lots of those churches remaining in the South of the USA I'm told.

    You must be talking Carlo, who I sent the Whitney Houston Magazine to?
    Some of Marv's bullying seems to be rearing its head on other Supremes threads so I thought I'd give this a bump.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Some of Marv's bullying seems to be rearing its head on other Supremes threads so I thought I'd give this a bump.
    Yabba, dabba Doo! and Fred and Dino too.........Jobeterob! LOL!!!!

  8. #58
    Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Thank you Marv, thanks so much for the pat on the back for my religious values.

    Coming from someone who violates most Human Rights Legislation on Youtube with his bigoted comments about gay people, who bullies people when they don't agree with him, who issues daily diatribes against a woman, Miss Ross, who he has never met ~ I take your comments as another compliment.

    I'm comfortable with my Christian values outshining yours! Your church would definitely not be a choice for most of us. Is it one of those churches which allow you to be a bigot and spout hatred and pray it away? There were and are lots of those churches remaining in the South of the USA I'm told.

    You must be talking Carlo, who I sent the Whitney Houston Magazine to?
    I'm so confused. marv2 isn't gay? I must be oblivious to all of the other heterosexual obsessive Mary Wilson fans with snarky "Boys In The Band"-like banter.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I'm so confused. marv2 isn't gay? I must be oblivious to all of the other heterosexual obsessive Mary Wilson fans with snarky "Boys In The Band"-like banter.
    I don't be confused, I am definitely not gay. I am also not a Mary Wilson fan. She is a friend of mine. Try a new way of insulting me. It just might work! LOL!!!!

  10. #60
    Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't be confused, I am definitely not gay. I am also not a Mary Wilson fan. She is a friend of mine. Try a new way of insulting me. It just might work! LOL!!!!
    If being called 'gay' is an insult to you, you pretty much just made your own bigoted bed. If you are such good friends with Mary, wouldn't she be disgusted with your online rants - particularly those about Diana? If it doesn't bother her and she condones it, you've certainly not made much of a case for how wonderful she is...

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,221
    Rep Power
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    If being called 'gay' is an insult to you, you pretty much just made your own bigoted bed. If you are such good friends with Mary, wouldn't she be disgusted with your online rants - particularly those about Diana? If it doesn't bother her and she condones it, you've certainly not made much of a case for how wonderful she is...
    Look......blow it out your other ear. It is late here on the East Coast and I am too sleepy now to be fighting with you and Mary has already gone to bed. Goodnight! LOL!!!!

  12. #62
    Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Look......blow it out your other ear. It is late here on the East Coast and I am too sleepy now to be fighting with you and Mary has already gone to bed. Goodnight! LOL!!!!
    Well, you best get to sleep so I can sneak over to Mary's and remove that nanny cam you planted in her bedroom while you were over for mimosas last week, dear!

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,558
    Rep Power
    348
    Mary would have him removed, just like Diana did.

  14. #64
    Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Mary would have him removed, just like Diana did.
    You said it, boo!

  15. #65
    supremester Guest
    So many people think Marv is gay - I don't know why but I'm sure he's not because he says a lot of anti-gay remarks all over the place. He even dismisses Miss Ross' concert attendees [["only draws old gay men) .......... I mean, he won't even let me buy him a coffee nudge! I'm in NYC 4 -5 times this year, and I'd love to sit down with him. I had very little free time last week but will have a little more the next times..... hopefully we can bury the hatchet like Mary & DianE or Mary & Lynda or Mary & Scherrie or Mary & Jean or Mary & .........well you get the picture. Marv in Boys In The Band? He'd have to be Alan!

    hehehehehehehehehehe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I'm so confused. marv2 isn't gay? I must be oblivious to all of the other heterosexual obsessive Mary Wilson fans with snarky "Boys In The Band"-like banter.
    Last edited by supremester; 04-03-2014 at 01:34 AM.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,558
    Rep Power
    348
    Marv's sexual orientation is irrelevant.

    What matters is his bigotry, his prejudice, his mean spiritedness, his hate mongering..................

  17. #67
    smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Marv's sexual orientation is irrelevant.

    What matters is his bigotry, his prejudice, his mean spiritedness, his hate mongering..................
    In which the moderators here let slide.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    In which the moderators here let slide.
    But God is the moderator of the world and God dont ever let bigotry and predujice and hate and mean spirits slide. Judgement day is the day of reckoning.

    The good book of Mathew say the following.

    "I tell you on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak"

    Roberta

  19. #69
    Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    In which the moderators here let slide.
    Well, I apologize if I've opened up a can of worms. It was wrong for me to assume. I have plenty of straight male friends who enjoy Diana Ross and The Supremes and we have gone to concerts together. It wasn't until I hit the 'net and noticed all these tireless Mary Wilson warriors and I just concluded that must be gay based on how obscure the interest was to me [[don't get me wrong, I have ALL of the Supremes albums and Mary's two solo records) and how vehemently they defended her and said such awful things about Diana [[like really vulgar descriptions of sex, defecation, etc.).

    It seems my "petition" reignited this whole firestorm [[that thread has since been deleted as I believe someone interpreted soulster's comments as "homophobic" and called him a "wanker") and that wasn't my intent. I just found the conversations to be counterproductive and childish and I suppose I'd been shielded from them in the past by not getting involved in online message boards or forums related to the Supremes. As I said, I've met the majority of the Supremes, members of their families and have attended concerts by Diana and the FLOS respectively and this vitriol hadn't come up before.

  20. #70
    smark21 Guest
    Lulu, Diana Ross has her share of scary crazy fans on the internet as well. A couple of years ago when Mary Wilson was in Russia for a couple of concerts there was a bombing at a Moscow airport and a Diana Ross fan was disappointed Mary wasn't killed in the bombing. Over on youtube there was another Ross fan who over New Year's said he hoped Mary died this year so he desecrate her grave and Flo's grave as well. And on Facebook there was a Diana Ross fan who threaten another fan with violence because they disagreed on a matter. I think nearly all celebrities have a few insane fans.

  21. #71
    smark21 Guest
    Here's the link to the crazy youtube fan posts I mentioned above if you care to read some very sick and disturbing insane rants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_mtlGs8_F4

    No wonder Diana Ross was once quoted as saying she was afraid of a few of her crazy fans.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20,558
    Rep Power
    348
    The guys on you tube are wingnuts, but who cares; I see Marv is among them.

    But the song wasn't so bad; Mary presents herself tastefully; for 70 years old, she looks awesome; she strategically uses the background singers and musicians when she can't hit the notes and she doesn't even try to make the notes ~ she just drops it way back. I think she learned so well from Motown and Berry and Diana.

  23. #73
    Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here's the link to the crazy youtube fan posts I mentioned above if you care to read some very sick and disturbing insane rants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_mtlGs8_F4

    No wonder Diana Ross was once quoted as saying she was afraid of a few of her crazy fans.
    I couldn't get past halfway down the page..."wizboy" is no better than the others. It's just as bad as reading some of the vile things far right people post online about the President.

  24. #74
    supremester Guest
    I've read some bad shit online in Supremes' camps - but nothing compared to what I've read about Obama. Wizboy has outdone himself, I didn't know he had gone so crazy, but I don't read Youtube much. I had seen that Mary clip, but not read the comments.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    One bit of information I could never find out is if HBO ever approached her, considering she had 2 successful specials with her. But if Diana insisted on a huge budget......all bets were probably off because its hard to find fault with the $8 million television movie.
    Nope. They did not ask her. She said on Larry King Live that she was disappointed that they did not ask her to do the film.

  26. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    This will almost certainly give us a "new" definition of the word "feature" too.
    I'm howling! Y'all are too much!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.