Lulu Guest

Another Dazzling Review For Our "Lady"!

Another GREAT one from Detroit...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06/...urn-near-home/

Entertainment

Diana Ross Wows The Crowd In Her Return “Near Home”

June 14, 2014 1:59 PM

View Comments
    By: Kevin Winter, Getty Images [[file photo)

By: Kevin Winter, Getty Images [[file photo)

STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. [[WWJ) – What were you doing last night? If you can’t remember, chances are you weren’t at the Diana Ross concert at Freedom Hill. Ms. Ross celebrated a triumphant return to metro Detroit. As she put it, “It’s so nice to be near home.” And it was nice to have her back.

Shortly after the band took to the stage at 8:43pm, Ross’ familiar voice could be heard coming from behind the stage. Singing her hit song “I’m Coming Out,” Ross came from behind the curtain wearing a gorgeous teal-colored, floor-length gown with [[what looked like) an organza wrap that covered her shoulders and flowed to the floor. She looked absolutely beautiful!

Fans enjoying the Diana Ross concert at Freedom Hill [[WWJ Photo: Terri Lee)
    Fans enjoying the Diana Ross concert at Freedom Hill [[WWJ Photo: Terri Lee)

With the crowd up on its feet dancing and singing along, Ross sang the songs that made her famous [[as a solo artist and as a Supreme) including “More Today Than Yesterday,” “My World Is Empty Without You,” “Come See About Me,” and of course, “Stop! In The Name of Love.” But that was just the beginning. The concert was just getting started and with so many hits in her repertoire, Ross kept the music going until the 10:00 hour – and she, her band and three background singers could have stayed much longer!

But alas, all good things must come to an end [[temporarily, anyway), so after a wonderful show where Ross rolled out hit after hit and provided eye candy galore by way of six costume changes, it was just about time to bid her adieu. Before the concert wrapped up, however, Ross had the crowd holding hands and swaying to “Reach Out And Touch [[Somebody’s Hand). It was one of the most touching scenes I’ve seen in awhile. She closed the show out with “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough,” telling the crowd, “If you need me, call me.” Chances are, her Detroit-area fans will be calling.

Well done, Ms. Ross. Well done, indeed.

Follow Terri on Twitter @TerriJLee

Lulu Guest
    She's knockin' 'em dead as we all knew she would! My clock is ticking...next week!