[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Answer this 78

Answer this 78

I'm posting this here because it's a motown question...what motown group album has a motown artist on the cover who's not in the group and has nothing to do with the songs on the album?

Was it Marvin Tarplin on the cover of a Miracles' album along with all the group members, but he played guitar on NONE of the songs on that album?

Floy Joy, whose cover [[featuring Lynda Laurence) was photographed some time after the contents [[featuring Cindy Birdsong) were recorded...?

are you saying the album cam out in 1978 ?

Well, it wasn't '78 but of course "The Return of the Marvelettes."

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Well, it wasn't '78 but of course "The Return of the Marvelettes."

Songs on that album were sung only by Marvelettes' member Wanda Yoing, accompanied by The Andantes.

Robb, which Miracles album are you referring to - he's pictured on at least two early albums - I'll Try Something New and The Fabulous Miracles? On I'll Try Something New his is the face at the bottom right and all group members are present. However, on the later Fabulous album Pete Moore is strangely missing from the front cover picture , presumably because at that time he was serving in the army in Germany, although he is pictured on the back cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post

Was it Marvin Tarplin on the cover of a Miracles' album along with all the group members, but he played guitar on NONE of the songs on that album?

Well it didn't say it had to be a photo of the Motown artist on the cover, so could be Diana Ross presents The Jackson 5. It is a Motown group album has [[the name of) a Motown artist on the cover who's not in the group and has nothing to do with the songs on the album. Just a guess.

Or maybe the guy on the photo on The Isley's "This Old Heart Of Mine" LP is really Paul Petersen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I'm posting this here because it's a motown question...what motown group album has a motown artist on the cover who's not in the group and has nothing to do with the songs on the album?
    So far , of the answers given, the only one I can't eliminate is Diana Ross. Marvin T was in the Miracles, Wanda was in the Marvellettes and Lynda was in the Supremes even though she didn't participate in the Floy Joy LP.

Diana was not in the J-5, had nothing to do with the songs on the album. As already stated, even though her picture is not on the LP, her name is .

What Robb said.

S.S.

I'm going with the Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5 thing too. Not only was she not in the
    group she didn't even "discover" them like the company [[Berry) tried to pretend. Both Gladys Knight and Bobby Taylor had heard them before Ross even knew who they were.
    Don't know when Jai will stop in to answer this...

The Supremes recorded ''Who's Lovin' You"- b-side of their second single, Tamla 54045 and it was included on their first lp-
    "Who's Lovin' You" is the b-side of the J5's Motown debut single- Motown 1157 and is included on their first Motown lp.
    So , I'd say that doesn't meet the criteria presented by arr & bee.

At first I thought of "Meet The Temptations" , but David Ruffin was a member of the group by the time of the album's release and is only on 1 of the songs- "The Way You Do the Things You Do" .
    Next, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas "Sugar & Spice" came to mind. But it meets 1/2 of the criteria ,as Sandra Tilley is on none of the songs, but was part of the group when the album was released.

I think I've got it!
    Huey Davis [[the gentleman with the guitar) on the Contours "Do you Love Me [[Now That I Can Dance)" album? Although pictured constantly in photos of the group, Joe Billingslea insists Huey was never officially a member of the group.

Dag,all those are good answers robb mentions the miracles which is the group i'm speaking of the album in question is the miracles christmas album from[1970]which has a group photo of the miracles and thier spouses one being wanda rogers wife of bobby and lead singer of the marvelettes.

I should have read the question more carefully! I should have guessed this one...the Marvelettes being my all time favorite!