[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    How would Smokey know the name of your former girlfriend? Or was it just an odd coincidence that Smokey hear the name incorrectly? Is there a similarity between your wife and your former girlfriend's first names?
    A similarity........the name passed by the minder got lost in translation....it was an easy mistake to make

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I met Mr Smokey Robinson in Las Vegas a few years ago and he was real nice to me and real attentive and kind and sweet. The nices Motown superstar ive ever met has to be the First lady of Motown records Dr Martha Reeves. Shes always real sweet to me and she send me a beautiful oversize autographed photo of her that say that is in the middle of my motown wall at home. Miss Reeves is a true lady and a kind and sweet and decent humanatraian.

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta
    I agree. One of the best people I've ever spent an afternoon with. She's such a great generous woman, and a fountain of knowledge and stories. And she don't need no muscle like Smokey does, Mommy can take of herself!

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I agree. One of the best people I've ever spent an afternoon with. She's such a great generous woman, and a fountain of knowledge and stories. And she don't need no muscle like Smokey does, Mommy can take of herself!
    A beutiful and kind and intelligent angel on this here earth is Miss Martha Reeves. Thers not another Motown star that will give people guided tour of the Motown museum if shes in Detroit. I love her so much.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    How would Smokey know the name of your former girlfriend? Or was it just an odd coincidence that Smokey hear the name incorrectly? Is there a similarity between your wife and your former girlfriend's first names?

the names are similar.....an easy mistake to make if you didn't hear correctly

If you want my opinion about this, I agree with the lot of you, this is an effed-up thing for Smoke to do but then again, I always thought he was suspect [[don't ask me why, I just do). As for the person who saw his concert, Smokey was never a captivating performer. People say all they want about MG not being a great dancer but the one thing Marvin did was captivate an audience with his voice and his moves. People responded to him almost like they would've responded to Diana because Diana had the same effect on people. Smokey was probably his best as a performer with the Miracles in the very early to mid 1960s but after that he was stiff. So performing wise, he never impressed me. His songs and his stance as a songwriter is what made him who he was. It definitely wasn't as a performer. He was the Motown act who, to me, had the two left feet. Because even Marvin attempted to dance and looked fly doing it [[that's probably the biased fan in me but tell me do you see Smokey doing some dance number and coming out to the Soul Train audience dancing with them? No lol). But I think he should cut Claudette some slack. They built history together. It wasn't like Claudette was some chick on the fly that he married after he got famous. She was with him from the time she was 15 and he 19 and they went through hell and back and he does some punk ish on her and now this? Smoke's just greedy.