[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Norma Vs Lynda?

Norma Vs Lynda?

I've always heard this LP was 1/2 Norma Lewis and half Lynda Laurence? I never 'got it' ? Why was this? Who' s the pic of? The real Norma Lewis...as it's definitely not Lynda. I noticed some of the songs are credited to Lynda on her Wikipedia site. Can anyone explain what this is all about?

smark21 Guest
    This album should have been titled "Multiple Personality Disorder", not "Maybe This Time".

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post

I've always heard this LP was 1/2 Norma Lewis and half Lynda Laurence? I never 'got it' ? Why was this? Who' s the pic of? The real Norma Lewis...as it's definitely not Lynda. I noticed some of the songs are credited to Lynda on her Wikipedia site. Can anyone explain what this is all about?
    Doesnt Lynda Lawrence have a sister that sing with the former ladies of the supremes? Maybe this album is Lynda and her sister.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Doesnt Lynda Lawrence have a sister that sing with the former ladies of the supremes? Maybe this album is Lynda and her sister.

Roberta
    http://gma.yahoo.com/supplements-tie...211252183.html
    Yes, Roberta....that would be Sundray Tucker....known as Cindy Scott in the UK. I don't know what Norma Lewis sounds like, but, Sundray has a distinct voice. I have a lot of FLOS CD's and can pick out Sundray pretty quickly. Maybe can dig around on youtube and get sampling of 'Norma Lewis'.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

Roberta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIS6yH53gQ4
    This is neither Lynda nor her sister, Sundray. The REAL Norma Lewis must have just stood up?

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    http://gma.yahoo.com/supplements-tie...211252183.html
    Yes, Roberta....that would be Sundray Tucker....known as Cindy Scott in the UK. I don't know what Norma Lewis sounds like, but, Sundray has a distinct voice. I have a lot of FLOS CD's and can pick out Sundray pretty quickly. Maybe can dig around on youtube and get sampling of 'Norma Lewis'.
    Them Tucker ladies sure do confuse a girl. Lol

thank you blueskies.

Fondly.

Roberta

It would appear that Norma Lewis and Lynda Laurence worked with the same producers {Marvin Howell, Tony Green}.

The song "When Loving You" appears to have been released in a short version with a Norma Lewis lead and in a long version with a Lynda Laurence lead.

And to make it more confusing Norma Lewis herself recorded Catch Me [[I'm Falling In Love) which ended up being released under Marsha Raven's name!

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    The song "When Loving You" appears to have been released in a short version with a Norma Lewis lead and in a long version with a Lynda Laurence lead.
    Fantastic! I never realised that. Thanks for sharing this!