[REMOVE ADS]

Isley Brothers - Why When Love Is Gone

'Why When Love Is Gone' is a magificent floor stomping killer that was written & produced by Ivy Jo Hunter. Ron takes it to the top & beyond. I loved the Isley's when they were with Motown but not after they'd left!

Love this... and I also love the Originals' version, taken at a slightly slower tempo, with Hank Dixon on lead.

Always liked the Isley Brothers no matter what they released. This one really was a stomper, but I never heard it on the air in Los Angeles, even though I picked up a single copy at Wallich's Music City. I always thought it was a well produced record.

^ Me too. They were great before Motown, during their tenure and afterwards.

Wow only at sdf would this little gem even be thought of,nice little ditti from ron and his brothers one of those tunes that gets lost in the stack of thier more well known tunes...nice pickup copley,nice indeed!!

Stevie co-wrote this by the way.

MM, no he didn't. It was just Ivy Jo Hunter.

^ I saw his name on a 45.

Did U?

Name:  Why When Love Is Gone.JPG
Views: 1523
Size:  24.3 KB

Here's another video of the song with Stevie's name on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjPntP9tBR8

I know it's strange lol
    So far later releases have credited Ivy only but that's quite suspicious. Stevie did co-write "My Love is Your Love Forever".

At 17 sec the disc that appears is a fake! TMG499 does not exist. The 1st Tamla Motown single was TMG501 'Stop! In The Name Of Love' in 1965. 'Why When Love Is Gone' was not written/recorded until late '66. Plus just look at the logo, it's all wrong. Stevie had nothing to do with this song.

^ Ha I believe you. I said it was strange. But they did do this song together, did they not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGT15ernWA

You could even hear the beginnings of how Ron's vocals would be a decade later.

Yes IJH & SW co-wrote 'My Love Is Your Love'.

Figured so. I actually loved this one over WWLIG.

The Originals' version of Why When Love Is Gone is on the first volume of "Cellarful Of Motown," and is a very different version. Much more laid back, it's pretty awesome.