[REMOVE ADS]

Prince on arsenio now

right now as we speak. On CW50 in Detroit,

I watched the last half hour. I still didn't learn anything about him from what I saw. I like his turn on "The New Girl" a few weeks ago, though. I wonder why he's suddenly more accessible?

I remember a long time ago on Arsenio's original show when he had Eddie Murphy on for an entire show. Murphy mentioned how much he loved Elvis, mainly because Elvis had a presence that was otherworldly and took the attention of anyone else near him. Per Murphy, there was nobody else that had that kind of charisma. A few moments later, Michael Jackson came out to present him with a special achievement award.

You could feel it. Everybody in the room [[and probably watching television) had the same regard for Jackson that Murphy was ascribing to Elvis. It was almost supernatural and something that I'll never forget. Anyway, for as much as I like Prince, the show left me feeling kind of "meh" from an interest standpoint.

I saw it and thought Prince was fabulous. He's a musical genius and the band and other singers he had were wnderful. Prince contacted Arsenio when he first got a new show and told him to save a night for him. That was the night. They're old friends, so it's easy to see why he did Arsenio's show. Will he show up elsehere? Time will tell.

~~Mary~~

Oops. I forgot to mention the performances, which were excellent. I was not as keen on the interviews. He seems very boxed in and uncomfortable after years of holding tightly to his privacy.

In case you missed it, here's the episode

Prince is cookin' with gas for sure!