[REMOVE ADS]

The o'jays ship ahoy album

Happy new year all! Wishing you all a prosperous and blessed 2014!

Below is a link to an article I did about the classic O'Jays album "Ship Ahoy." A clip of the O'Jays performing "Put Your Hands Together" from that album is attached to the article. Hope you enjoy!

http://soultrain.com/2014/01/13/clas...ays-ship-ahoy/

funkyone71...

Totally in agreement that the "Ship Ahoy" album is a Classic Gem.
    Heartfelt Songs with Great Melodies, Timely Messages and KILLER Vocals!

"You Got your Hooks in Me" is one of the most soulful Ballads ever recorded.
    Listen to Eddie Levert and Walter Williams weave that Magical Love Spell!

Thanks for the article... I enjoyed It!

Abraham Smooth Wilson

Absolutely! "Hooks" one of my favs, I have all the O'Jays albums, also have it on "Collectors Items".

S.S.

The best album of all of 1974 in my opinion!

Good LP Marv! Top track for me ,amongst an album full, is "Don't you call me brother" I loved it the 1st time I heard it and I haven't changed my mind. Its true to life, anywhere.

I bought this with <Family Reunion when it was released< at the same time 1975

wonderful review

great songs

edafan

Awesome review of one of my favorite albums and a legendary masterpiece. Just a great album from start to finish. So many great tunes on this album, not just the hits. And yes, thanks for mentioning the great album artwork.

* I think "Now that we found love" by The O'Jays is way better than the cover version.

* Oh, that live [[not lip synced) Soul Train clip is simply unreal, thanks for posting it.
    Last edited by tsull1; 01-18-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Thanks Tsull1, Edafan, Tamla617, Marv2, SoulSister and Smooth for your comments! Much appreciated! Keeping the legacy of vintage soul alive!

Finally got around to this. WHAT A TREAT! Must send this to my 36 year old who absolutely loves the Ojays! She is a devotee of our music and is always in awe of bands and live music; something many of the artists today know nothing about. Bet Kenny Gamble didn't have to bring in Carl Helm, Bunny Siglar and Phil Hurtt in the studio with those guys!