[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Almost no one outside this forum in any country knows who Mary Wilson is. The girl at The Riviera who sold me my ticket told me "she was one of The Shirrells - but not the famous one." LOL The Supremes were an old 60's act in the 80's - just like The Vandellas, etc - only more respected.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    Actually those are my words:*[[We were talking about 1983, Turner's comeback and Wilson's hypothetical comeback thanks to "Holiday".)

"That is your point of view from the country you live in.
    In mine, where the Motown sound is just "pop of the 60's", nobody knew who the Supremes were [[and that has not changed). In 1982-1984 everybody knew who Diana Ross was because "Upside Down" and "Muscles" had been huge hits and she was a kind of godmother for Michael Jackson.

But Mary Wilson? The only Wilson people knew was Mari with her beehive.

It may be hard for you to believe it but the Supremes were not a legendary group in the 80's in many non-English speaking countries."

and

"And I can assure you that in the early 80's few people remembered the Supremes outside the US and the UK [[and when it was the case it was always the 60's group). And I don't talk about China, Angola, Saudi Arabia or Paraguay... Some compilations like 1977's "20 Golden Greats" were huge hits in the UK [[#1) but not elsewhere. The interest in the Supremes was at its lowest point then.Things changed with the release of "25th Anniversary" in 1986 and "The Never-Before-Released Masters" in 1987. "

Now if you don't want to understand it, I am not going to waste my time with stubborn women like you.

Yeah you wished! Why you wished that, is beyond me.......Here is the truth, the real truth!

Thank you for the real truth. It proves she sucks on The Supremes classics. If you watch the beginning, people aren't even looking at the stage when she comes on. They just continue talking to each other. She sounds pretty good on the slow stuff, but that blue thing she's wearing at the beginning - what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Yeah you wished! Why you wished that, is beyond me.......Here is the truth, the real truth!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Almost no one outside this forum in any country knows who Mary Wilson is. The girl at The Riviera who sold me my ticket told me "she was one of The Shirrells - but not the famous one." LOL The Supremes were an old 60's act in the 80's - just like The Vandellas, etc - only more respected.
    How very odd. Only last year there was a photo of Mary Wilson at the Riviera and it looked like there were 6,000 adoring fans in the audience. Oh......wait a minute, that was a photo of Cher at Caesars Palace that Mary's website was trying to con the public into thinking it was Mary at the Riviera. Hehehehehhehe LOL.

atcsm Guest
    Roberta dear - he gets upset if you don't quote him correctly. It's
    Ahemmmmm.......hehehehehehhehehehe.....!

Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    Roberta dear - he gets upset if you don't quote him correctly. It's
    Ahemmmmm.......hehehehehehhehehehe.....!

Bless you
    Thank you my angel. Let me try again.

Ahemmmmm.......hehehehehehhehehehe. LOL

Fondly,

Roberta

atcsm Guest
    You're good my child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thank you my angel. Let me try again.

Ahemmmmm.......hehehehehehhehehehe. LOL

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    You're good my child.
    I used to be an actress many moons ago, so I take direction very well.

Best to you,

Roberta

Thank you for the real truth. It proves she sucks on The Supremes classics. If you watch the beginning, people aren't even looking at the stage when she comes on. They just continue talking to each other. She sounds pretty good on the slow stuff, but that blue thing she's wearing at the beginning - what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    How very odd. Only last year there was a photo of Mary Wilson at the Riviera and it looked like there were 6,000 adoring fans in the audience. Oh......wait a minute, that was a photo of Cher at Caesars Palace that Mary's website was trying to con the public into thinking it was Mary at the Riviera. Hehehehehhehe LOL.
    The real question is why Berry Gordy never thought of her to be the lead vocalist of the Supremes in the 70's. The answer is pretty obvious, of course when we see that video: she sings flat even during the first song, as usual, those breath issues kill her singing and her voice is kind of veiled. But the worst is maybe her oversinging during "Last Dance" [[she doesn't have the technique but she does it anyway). To top it all, her singing is absolutely emotionless! And, when people from the audience come on stage, OMG! [[Besides, I'm asking myself if people understand all she is saying.)
    Thank you for the clip!

And try to con the public with pictures of audiences of other artists, that's pathetic.

-
    Last edited by Constantin; 02-26-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Oh dang this was not pretty at all. In fact it was Horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Oh dang this was not pretty at all. In fact it was Horrific.
    :-)

No technique, no emotion, no energy, what is left?

-

There is a problem with "what if" questions; they are great for discussion, but none of it happened and none of this will.

What if Diana Ross recorded Islands in the Stream and starred in the Bodyguard? Would she have won a Grammy earlier and an Oscar ~ she is surely regarded as a better actress than..........; ok, that's sarcasm and I'll skip it.

I think nothing would be any different in either case.

Mary Wilson was anxious and lacked confidence about her voice until about 10 years ago; her range remains the same; the distinction of her voice remains the same ~ there are a lot of singers out there that sing like that.

What stood out about Mary Wilson is that she was a Supreme from beginning til end. If anything made a difference for her, it may have been her later day education ~ around that time she seemed to mature and change.

So I agree with most all of you..............nothing would be any different.

Mary did an interview with the UKs "The Face" magazine and laughed that Jellybean used to tease her everytime he saw her about not recording "Holiday" and she would say to him "I Know..I Know..you were right"..from memory it was in the magazine in about 1987...

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Mary did an interview with the UKs "The Face" magazine and laughed that Jellybean used to tease her everytime he saw her about not recording "Holiday" and she would say to him "I Know..I Know..you were right"..from memory it was in the magazine in about 1987...
    Hey Nomis! It's been a long time. How are you doing?

Iam good Marv..but the Ms Houston has been on my mind alot..she was one of a kind lady...Ive done alot of tribute shows this past few weeks..I take great comfort that I celebrated her life while she was here..and that Ive paid my respect to her art on many stages for many years more than I care to remember...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nomis View Post
    Iam good Marv..but the Ms Houston has been on my mind alot..she was one of a kind lady...Ive done alot of tribute shows this past few weeks..I take great comfort that I celebrated her life while she was here..and that Ive paid my respect to her art on many stages for many years more than I care to remember...!!!
    Yes, yes Whitney Houston was definitely one of a kind and we've lost a true giant when we lost her. I did get to see her in concert and enjoyed her music most when it was first released. She is already missed.

We need some new and interesting threads here. These old ones are starting to get worn out. LOL! Glad to see you are back.

i have seen Mary a few times and she always seems to deliver a good show and has always sounded good.

We were just talking about how you posted a pic of another audience saying it was Mary's audience. LOL... How the lounge Mary played only held a few hundred and she never sold it out LOL....... thats not a dig at Mary because The Riviera is a dump no one wants to go to, but why do you and Gafe Garcia have to make things up all the time? If your favorite, no matter who it is, isn't a popular artist, that shouldn't matter to you unless you know them personally. You do not know Mary, so why would a senior citizen spened his time online trying to convince people he doesn't know that someone else he doesn't know is more popular than they are?