[REMOVE ADS]

Melvin Davis in newest issue of Modern Drummer Magazine

Hi SDF,

This will be on news stands Tuesday!

The newest issue of Modern Drummer Magazine has an article/interview that I wrote spotlighting Detroit Soul Ambassador Melvin Davis! As I'm sure most of you already know, Melvin has had an amazingly diverse career as a drummer, singer, songwriter, producer, and more. He was the lead singer on The 8th Day's iconic hit "Crawl Before You Walk," the drummer on Smokey Robinson's "Tears of a Clown" and Dennis Coffey's "It's Your Thing," performed with Lymon Woodard, Wayne Kramer and James Jamerson, wrote songs for artists including J.J. Barnes and Darrell Banks, and released his own music throughout the years that has become legendary in the UK's Northern Soul scene. He's now helping to spread Detroit's deep soul history among a younger generation.

Check it out on January 7th!

https://www.moderndrummer.com/site/2.../#.UshUhvbQlrR

On news stands starting today in the February 2014 issue:

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  96.6 KB

Bless his heart! His deserves the praise, followed by the glory! I so enjoyed gigging with him in the U.K.

Lorraine Chandler