[REMOVE ADS]

Billboard's Woman of the Year

October 29th, 2010
    03:32 PM ET

Comments [[2 comments)
    And Billboard's Woman of the Year Award goes to...
    Billboard has named Fergie its 2010 Woman of the Year.

With six Grammys under her belt, the singer, whose real name is Stacy Ferguson, said, “I am humbled and excited to accept the Billboard Woman of the Year Award. Being honored by Billboard is a great career achievement.”

In addition to the success Fergie experienced with her solo album in 2006, Billboard reported that the Black Eyed Peas hold the record for the longest streak of consecutive weeks spent at No. 1 on its Hot 100 chart.

Fergie will take the award home at the Billboard Women in Music event on December 2.

Beyonce took the title home in 2009.

Ive always got the feeling that Wills production on The End tracks didnt give Fergie that much to do compared with earlier albums..but I really admire BEP for their solidarity - they really are an even group,everyone gets a chance to shine..earlier albums had showcased fergie more but I like the balance of the last one..theyve set the bar todays benchmark of production..Timbaland had it then they beat him to the punch...

I never got Fergie.
    I understand why will.i.am decided the Black Eyed Peas could boost adding a woman
    to the mix but I just never got Fergie...

Fergie can't sing.......This "award" was bought and paid for by Fergie's record label and management.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I never got Fergie.
    I understand why will.i.am decided the Black Eyed Peas could boost adding a woman
    to the mix but I just never got Fergie...
    Shrugs.I don't get her either.

Gosh, I hope Marx is wrong.

But I read that through the 60's and 70's, if you were a fledging record company, Billboard ads were the only way to get your songs reviewed and considered favorably.

Anybody other than Lady Gaga is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Gosh, I hope Marx is wrong.

But I read that through the 60's and 70's, if you were a fledging record company, Billboard ads were the only way to get your songs reviewed and considered favorably.
    J-rob,

It is unfortunate, but these "Man/Woman of the Year", "Sexiest Man/Woman Alive", etc. awards are lobbied for by celebrities and their management and are rarely based on merit....The Grammy Awards are basically lobbied for....I wish it weren't the case...

Awards,generally suck - I was pressured to go to an awards show in Auckland recently,I never go,thats not my vibe -but they went on and on at me to attend it was good to see some of my friends win but it was all rigged and when a restuarnt owner who used to feel me up after shows got a round of applause I nearly threw up..it was all so phoney,Never been before and wont go again...

I hate awards shows now too. Whatever about Fergie lol