[REMOVE ADS]

Prince- Breakfast can wait

Prince wants some gravy with his grits! HOT!

Now, that is the first Prince song that i've heard in more than a decade that I really like, even if it still is a bit too smooth for my taste. And, he's returned to a bit of the little vocal effects like he used on "Sign Of The Times". It's not the alter-ego Camille, but it's a nice change-up.

I tried to avoid watching the video because I did not want it to color my perception of the song. But, what I did see tells me that maybe Prince's flirtation with the Jehovah's Witness religion is subsiding.

This is also the For me, the first song by Prince that I have liked in many years. I tried to find the song without the video, so that it didn't take away from the song, but couldn't find one. When I first heard it on the radio I only caught part of it. I didn't know who it was till I searched on youtube. I heard it once, a month or two ago, and haven't heard it since. Still, it is a great song by him.

I know a lot of people didn't like Prince during his hyper-sexual hit era, but that's the stuff that made him great, and I would love to see him return to the bad-boy funk sound he once had. If he could do that, I would buy another Prince album. But, as of yet, his last great Prince album is still 1995's "The Gold Experience".

I was fine until the altered voice thing. I'm not against such a thing in music, enjoyed it from
    Roger's talkbox and with the Sir Nose vocals in Parliament releases but Prince's sound here
    isn't working for me. Nice groove though. What's up with his face? Botox overdose?...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I was fine until the altered voice thing. I'm not against such a thing in music, enjoyed it from
    Roger's talkbox and with the Sir Nose vocals in Parliament releases but Prince's sound here
    isn't working for me. Nice groove though. What's up with his face? Botox overdose?...
    I think that was another person. He looked a bit like he could be Prince, but I don't think it was. I could be wrong.

I liked the altered voice. It brought some uniqueness to an otherwise bland, paint-by-the-numbers R&B tune.