[REMOVE ADS]

Larry Lujack passes.....

[[I never know where to drop things like this, but the main forum seems like the proper place.)

I read this afternoon that Larry Lujack, the WLS/WCFofL jock of all trades passed away at his home in New Mexico of cancer. He was 73.

In the early 60's, Lujack was the morning man of the all powerful [[at least in Seattle) KJR, sharing the mike with Lan Roberts and Pat O'Day. In 1967, he moved to WCFL, where he was a major force in Chicago radio until the mid 80's. Lujack was a ultimate Top-40 jock in an era dotted with major talent.

When I was in first phone school in 1969, I'd drive into downtown Chicago after school and on purpose get caught on the Congress Expressway in order to listen to his afternoon drive show on 'LS. The guy was a monster talent, and I'm very sorry to hear of his passing.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3056121.story

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  21.1 KB
    He changed his birth's family name to Lujack, because Chicago Bears' quarterback, Johnny Lujack, was his idol. I wonder where I would be today, if I had changed my name to Robb "Howe", or "Rocket Robb Richard"?

Change it to "Rockin' Robb Richard" and you could do 7 to Midnight at any number of 60's rockers.....