[REMOVE ADS]

smark21 Guest

That's pretty dire. Seriously, you can actually point to karaoke tracks on youtube with better production values. But I shouldn't expect any less. I visited the FLOS website the other day just to see what it was like, and it was LAUGHABLE. I LOVED how whoever decided how to word this website just gives Joyce a passing mention as "rounding out the trio". Not that I expected the TRUTH be told.. which is that Joyce is more famous than both of the other two put together...but not one mention on their site of who she is? Maybe they can't legally mention TOAD in promotions?

Joyce does do at least one lead on the CD, "I Can't Make You Love Me"

Meeeeeeow back to you jillfoster. What you've heard on YouTube is just a taster, NOT the final mix. I'd like to know where you stand re: all of the Supremes. Are you in the Diana camp or the Wilson camp? It's obvious from your comment that you certainly aren't in our camp but hey, that's okay, because our Band of Gold got the thumbs up from Scherrie's big sister Freda as soon as she heard it, and no-one has more credibility to review the song than Freda. I'll pass your comment onto Scherrie - though I expect that's already been done by caring fans. Btw, there are no restrictions using TOAD related material which will be apparent in the 24 page booklet, though I guess you won't be reading it, will you? Is it fair to judge a recording when you've only heard less than half of it? I guess you think it is.
    The FLOS website. I don't manage it but I do know that the FaceBook page is more up to date. Many acts promote themselves this way today because of the instantaneous interaction which has been bringing us some very positive feedback for SUPREMELY YOURS II. Check it out. All I ask is if you can't write something positive, don't bother to comment. Stoned Love, Steve Weaver. 01.03.2014

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Meeeeeeow back to you jillfoster. What you've heard on YouTube is just a taster, NOT the final mix. I'd like to know where you stand re: all of the Supremes. Are you in the Diana camp or the Wilson camp? It's obvious from your comment that you certainly aren't in our camp but hey, that's okay, because our Band of Gold got the thumbs up from Scherrie's big sister Freda as soon as she heard it, and no-one has more credibility to review the song than Freda. I'll pass your comment onto Scherrie - though I expect that's already been done by caring fans. Btw, there are no restrictions using TOAD related material which will be apparent in the 24 page booklet, though I guess you won't be reading it, will you? Is it fair to judge a recording when you've only heard less than half of it? I guess you think it is.
    The FLOS website. I don't manage it but I do know that the FaceBook page is more up to date. Many acts promote themselves this way today because of the instantaneous interaction which has been bringing us some very positive feedback for SUPREMELY YOURS II. Check it out. All I ask is if you can't write something positive, don't bother to comment. Stoned Love, Steve Weaver. 01.03.2014
    With all due respect, the whole Diana-vs-Mary debate is irrelevant in this discussion. Jillfoster's criticism of the song's production and of their website's maintenance are reasonable. Frankly, I have to agree with Jill on this one. I don't like the production of this FLOs recording at all. Whether it's a final mix or not doesn't matter. In fact, if it's a teaser, it should be of higher quality as to entice more listeners. Also, while getting Freda and Scherrie's and the group's approval is necessary, getting the listeners' is very important - they're the ones you want buying the recording! In terms of music reviews, Jill's is nice compared to other reviews out there. They might not all be positive, but that's the business.

All I ask is if you can't write something positive, don't bother to comment. Stoned Love, Steve Weaver. 01.03.2014
    What a hypocrite!

I applaud the efforts of Steve, Scherrie, Lynda and Joyce. We all are afforded the right to our opinions about the music of ANY performer. But just because we have the right does not mean that being caustic is helpful or required.

These ladies are in show BUSINESS where performing and recording are part of their work. Knocking someone's efforts down is unnecessary -- and sad, really. Any of us -- regardless of our occupations -- COULD be criticized for some aspect of our performance. Fortunately, there are not web forums where most of us and our work can be held up to ridicule.

MY opinion is that encouraging all of the show business veterans who have brought years of entertainment and pleasure to our lives is the best path. And, " as Mama said," Treat others as you wish to have your family and yourself treated!" Hmmm … she also said, You can't hurry love," and I guess some folks have not found love toward others in their hearts yet!

Happy 2014 to all!!!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 01-03-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    These ladies are in show BUSINESS where performing and recording are part of their work. Knocking someone's efforts down is unnecessary -- and sad, really. Any of us -- regardless of our occupations -- COULD be criticized for some aspect of our performance. Fortunately, there are not web forums where most of us and our work can be held up to ridicule.
    While I don't agree with the callous way in which some people express criticisms, it is ultimately apart of the business. Scherrie, Lynda, and Joyce all know this. It's the nature of the business. I'm a musician and have received my share of strongly-worded criticisms. I'm not saying we have to be scathing about it, but jill's response toward the production is not terrible. And if you're going to insist on others being positive, you shouldn't imply that their opinion isn't worth posting because it isn't what you want to hear. Freda Payne might have enjoyed it, but it's the public at large whose opinion matters most.
    Last edited by antceleb12; 01-03-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Well, if you really want to know, I guess you could say I'm in the JEAN camp. I'm not saying Scherrie isn't a nice person, we all know Scherrie is a sweetie, and Lynda is a pill, and it's well known that SHE is the reason that Jean rarely performs anymore. . And of course, Freda is gonna look upon her sister;s work with rose colored glasses, that's what family does... but it doesn't make the song good. It's nice that Joyce will get some mention in the booklet, it's too bad the website doens't do the same, but then David Kramlick is a douchebag of the highest order, so I expect this kind of stuff from him. And you know something, criticism is not meant to be MEAN... I don't want to dislike these recordings, I want my criticism to motivate you to do BETTER. And you CAN, if you just get creative enough.

Well, if you really want to know, I guess you could say I'm in the JEAN camp. I'm not saying Scherrie isn't a nice person, we all know Scherrie is a sweetie, and Lynda is a pill, and it's well known that SHE is the reason that Jean rarely performs anymore. . And of course, Freda is gonna look upon her sister;s work with rose colored glasses, that's what family does... but it doesn't make the song good. It's nice that Joyce will get some mention in the booklet, it's too bad the website doens't do the same, but then David Kramlick is a douchebag of the highest order, so I expect this kind of stuff from him. And you know something, criticism is not meant to be MEAN... I don't want to dislike these recordings, I want my criticism to motivate you to do BETTER. And you CAN, if you just get creative enough. The instrumentation on that track is obviously all electronic fakery, with no real musical insturments used. To tell you the truth, I can come up with better quality on my Roland synthesizer. We simply want real instruments and real music, not cheap karaoke tracks, if your'e gonna put out inferior stuff, you might as well not do it at all, if you want to hear how a modern track should be produced for a classic Motown act, listen to THIS and learn.

And you can even look at some of the stuff Ian Levine has done and see good work. Granted, Ian Levine has turned out some real cow plop, but he's also done some enjoyable work. His problem is that he spread himself too thin, and tried to record every damn body that had ever darkened Motown's doorstep and burped into a microphone. And when you try to deal with that kind of volume, it's not gonna be good, unless you are musical GENUIS, such as HDH. But this is one of his better efforts, and an example of how you update an older song and have it sound GOOD.

Why would Lynda Laurence be the reason Jean Terrell isn't performing today? What did she do that would or could stop Jean from performing?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Why would Lynda Laurence be the reason Jean Terrell isn't performing today? What did she do that would or could stop Jean from performing?
    Pissed her off to the point that she is soured on the whole concept of show business. Jean basically picked up her marbles and went home.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 01-03-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Then Jean Terrell have the thinnest skin in showbusiness and Linda Lawrence has a lot of power and clout if shes the reason Jean quit the entertainment busines.

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    An even better example of a veteran artist given a good real music style production is Mavis Staples with her recent work produced by Wilco's Jeff Tweety.

wishing all the ladies well.
    they all seemed to get along at the cd signing a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    wishing all the ladies well.
    they all seemed to get along at the cd signing a few years back.
    Appearance can be deceiving.... but most of them DO get along, just not all, and not all that were there that night. Smark, that Mavis Staples track is amazing, And if one wants to do a high energy dance club version of an old hit, there are ways to do that, too... without it sounding like an amateur has done it.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Appearance can be deceiving.... but most of them DO get along, just not all, and not all that were there that night. Smark, that Mavis Staples track is amazing, And if one wants to do a high energy dance club version of an old hit, there are ways to do that, too... without it sounding like an amateur has done it.
    So who doesn't get along really?

Jean doesn't like Lynda.

Mary doesn't like Scherrie and Lynda.

Diana doesn't really like Mary.

Who else?

So who doesn't get along really?

Jean doesn't like Lynda.

Mary doesn't like Scherrie and Lynda.

Diana doesn't really like Mary.

Who else?
    Mary and Scherrie get along. No bad blood between them. In fact, Mary and Scherrie were the ones behind helping out Cindy.

I thought Jean left FLOS because she didn't want to tour as much

I thought Jean stopped performing because of her religion. Or was that just after her debut album?

My opinion based on my life is that they really are at this stage almost irrelevant to each other; they probably don't mind each other, have mostly forgiven each other for any frailities and stupidities they might have committed during their time around each other, and are glad they got to be part of something that was worth belonging to.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I thought Jean left FLOS because she didn't want to tour as much
    no the powerful and ruthless Lynda Lawrence forced poor jean into a life of retirements. Jean had to take a oath that shell never ever perform again. Jean even left California to get away from Lynda Lawrence and is now hiding out in North Carolina. Poor jean lol

Roberta

I had asked about Jean moving to N. Carolina on this board awhile back as I thought that's what I had heard, too. I was told, no, it was her management company/person that was in N. Carolina and Jean was still in LA. But, that might be here say?? I'm sure someone out there can clarify.

Those that want to perform do so. Those that don't, don't perform. Any of them that hold onto some petty jealousies and hurts from the past are silly old fools that deserve what they weave. Those that are happy are smart, well rounded and enjoying their lives. I hope its all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    I had asked about Jean moving to N. Carolina on this board awhile back as I thought that's what I had heard, too. I was told, no, it was her management company/person that was in N. Carolina and Jean was still in LA. But, that might be here say?? I'm sure someone out there can clarify.
    Poor Jean Terrell doesnt want anyone to know what State shes living in. Shes scared Lynda Lawrence finds her. Im told Jean wont even sing in the shower because shes so scared Lynda find out that she's singing again.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Poor Jean Terrell doesnt want anyone to know what State shes living in. Shes scared Lynda Lawrence finds her. Im told Jean wont even sing in the shower because shes so scared Lynda find out that she's singing again.

Roberta
    I heard Mary wants to encounter Marv on the street so she can make him scared!

no the powerful and ruthless Lynda Lawrence forced poor jean into a life of retirements. Jean had to take a oath that shell never ever perform again. Jean even left California to get away from Lynda Lawrence and is now hiding out in North Carolina. Poor jean lol

Roberta
    Powerful and ruthless? Those are some pretty bold accusations. Where did you get this information?

Quote Originally Posted by antceleb12 View Post
    Powerful and ruthless? Those are some pretty bold accusations. Where did you get this information?
    lol im only oking. Im laughing at how two guys [[marv and jillfoster) have perpetuatted a "story' with no basis whatsover that Lynda Lawrence forced Jean Terrell out of showbusiness.

Roberta

lol im only oking. Im laughing at how two guys [[marv and jillfoster) have perpetuatted a "story' with no basis whatsover that Lynda Lawrence forced Jean Terrell out of showbusiness.

Roberta
    Gotchya.

Roberta
    Oh there's basis.... just not anything your'e privy to.

Oh there's basis.... just not anything your'e privy to.
    and I thank the good Lord for that.

That's Marv's standard 10 year old girl behaviour: "I know a secret I won't tell". That's because he doesn't know crap that's worth knowing or true.
    And you should not play along with that BS Jill.

If Lynda has acted like a twerk and there is factual basis for it, let's hear it. God knows if Marv truly had something worthwhile on Miss Ross, he would be shouting to the high heavens.

There really needs to be an emoticon for sarcasm and irony. It's too easy for the written word to be taken at face value.

That's Marv's standard 10 year old girl behaviour: "I know a secret I won't tell". That's because he doesn't know crap that's worth knowing or true.

If Lynda has acted like a twerk and there is factual basis for it, let's hear it. God knows if Marv truly had something worthwhile on Miss Ross, he would be shouting to the high heavens.
    Well you have to laugh really and remember that marv2 try to say that Bernie Madoff lose all of Miss Diane Ross money which is complete fabricattion and he cant even provide a link or any backup cause its fake fake fake. last years best laugh was when jillfoster claim he had seen a video of Motown the musical which a friend who work on the show had sent him. That was priceless.

Roberta

Whether it's true or not, I don't know... but there is always that rumor that Lynda fucked Jean's husband. Actually... David Babcock told me that one. There IS witnesses that saw Lynda tell Jean that she'd never work in show business again, we've discussed that... but then you don't remember it, I'm sure. I think you should be checked for Alzheimer's.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 01-08-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Well you have to laugh really and remember that marv2 try to say that Bernie Madoff lose all of Miss Diane Ross money which is complete fabricattion and he cant even provide a link or any backup cause its fake fake fake. last years best laugh was when jillfoster claim he had seen a video of Motown the musical which a friend who work on the show had sent him. That was priceless.

Roberta
    Well, you claim to be a mexican church lady, when your'e a bitter old queen from southern california.... so what's your point?

supremester Guest
    Both Scherrie AND Lynda are sweeties. Joyce too. I disagree that Joyce is more famous - I'd say they are about equal and if anyone in the group has a rep for misappropriating other women's husbands, it ain't Lynda! LOL
    Jean has quit show business several times and continued to work with Lynda - I highly doubt her most recent retirement was Lynda centric. Lynda is a sharp businesswoman, very talented and nice to everyone. She also doesn't have a revisionist memory or a history of questionable veracity to promote her agenda at the expense of others.
    Mary is just ending her incredible opportunity in Chicago and has gigs lined up for this year. Miss Ross is signing contracts for shows going on sale soon and will probably do another 50 shows this year. Lynda & Scherrie are the only real Supremes act keeping the legacy alive. Susaye and Jean are doing their thing and Cindy is enoying the love and good wishes of fans from all over the world. Bringing stuff up that is rumor and probably not grounded in truth is only pissing on the good feeling legacy these fine ladies have provided.

supremester Guest
    Please let's dispense with the name calling and homophobic comments. I believe our moderator has asked for some respect and peace on this site. Follow Miss Ross' path and take the high road. You can go to Youtube and see what name calling brings. You won't win.........no one does.
    Well, you claim to be a mexican church lady, when your'e a bitter old queen from southern california.... so what's your point?

Mexican? Ive never claimed to be mexican but I am a lady who love the lord and her church. When cornered with the truth you always attack. Not very gentlemanly of you jillfoster.

Have a blessed and beautiful day.

Roberta

Mexican? Ive never claimed to be mexican but I am a lady who love the lord and her church. When cornered with the truth you always attack. Not very gentlemanly of you jillfoster.

Have a blessed and beautiful day.

Roberta

Sorry... my mistake.. Spanish/Latino.

Sorry... my mistake.. Spanish/Latino.
    When you take an iconic song, such as "Band of Gold", it's difficult for ANYONE to come close to the original. So comparing apples to oranges will get no one anywhere.

I wish the FLOs would record new music. They need to break away from the "cover band" mentailty. As far as I know, there are no Supremes songs in their set list that either Scherrie or Lynda sang on.

I would agree that Joyce has had a bigger career than Scherrie or Lynda; she with TOAD had several big hits and their own television show. And up until a few years ago, was reuniting with Tony and Thelma from time to time, especially when Tony had his Yellow Ribbon Theater. But again, that's another basket of apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    When you take an iconic song, such as "Band of Gold", it's difficult for ANYONE to come close to the original. So comparing apples to oranges will get no one anywhere.

I wish the FLOs would record new music. They need to break away from the "cover band" mentailty. As far as I know, there are no Supremes songs in their set list that either Scherrie or Lynda sang on.

I would agree that Joyce has had a bigger career than Scherrie or Lynda; she with TOAD had several big hits and their own television show. And up until a few years ago, was reuniting with Tony and Thelma from time to time, especially when Tony had his Yellow Ribbon Theater. But again, that's another basket of apples and oranges.
    EXACTLY. Has Scherrie or Lynda sang on ONE top 10 hit record? NO. Joyce appears on 8 . Has Scherrie or Lynda co-starred in their own TV series? NO. Has Joyce? YES. Joyce along with Tony and Telma have sold a total of 70 MILLION RECORDS. Can Lynda or Scherrie claim anything near that? Scherrie can probably claim 2 or 3 million maybe.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 01-08-2014 at 10:03 PM.

smark21 Guest
    Yes, Tony Orlando and Dawn have left such a lasting musical legacy that still resonates in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Yes, Tony Orlando and Dawn have left such a lasting musical legacy that still resonates in 2014.
    I agree!

As a kid, I clearly remember tying a yellow ribbon around the tree in our front yard during the Iran hostage crisis. Also, in 2008, Billboard ranked "Yellow Ribbon" as the 37th biggest song of ALL TIME in its issue celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Hot 100. Pretty amazing.

Joyce has a lot to be proud of.

Sure enough... you KNOW youv'e made it to legendary status when the Ray Conniff singers over your stuff! LOL