[REMOVE ADS]

The nine supremes

I have a serious question for everyone after reading through so many of the post[[s) on here about the Supremes. Is there anyone else out there besides myself that liked all nine of the Supremes ? Granted there is not that much that can be said about Barbara since she left before the girls took off, but if I had said eight Supremes I would have been quickly corrected before I got started.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the group and all its members and configurations. As each member left and a new configuration began, I accepted it as THE SUPREMES and continued to like the group.

Do I like one member more than another? Maybe. But that doesn't mean I have to knock down another member. Knocking down any of the members is knocking down the group. I like the group. I would never knock the group. They IS terrific

I liked the blend of DMF,the rest are good but its something I cant explain in FLO,Mary and Diana together.."Im in Love Again" and "Let Me Hear You Say [[ I love You) capture that exquiste sound..

topdiva1 Guest
    Truthfully I liked them all - each was a star in her own way - and each grouping brought us something new - and we always had Mary there to give us hope.

Love each one! I've never understood some of the blatant dislike some folks have for some of the individual members over the years. Each girl brought an individual spice to their lineup and gave their all to entertain us fans. I figure some of it's fueled by the different books written over the years and some of its disappointment in their favorite member replaced by a new gal. The Supremes always carried on no matter what was happening behind the scenes and gave us a large musical legacy for which I'll always be grateful [[especially to Mary for always being there). Life's too short to hold a grudge over who was mean girling another member decades ago....

Excellent thread Captain. I agree with what all of you have posted.

What made the first lineup special was the blend of the voices, particularly Diana vs. Flo.

But they were all special and some of them quite different, particularly the last version including the Last Supreme. And Mary's ballad leads were always special and looked forward to by the fans.

I agree with all of you on that. I loved each and every one of them, especially the Last Supreme you just mentioned.

Captain, great thread and loved the pic of those lovely colorful gowns that The Supremes wore in the early '70s.